Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Luka Jovic

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Jovic coming here would be a bad move for him to be honest. He should pick a club without a top scorer in the league, it hasn't worked out for him this season and probably wouldn't next season. If Arsenal sell Lacazette and Aubameyang that would be a good move for him. Or Everton to partner Calvert-Lewin, he does well with a strike partner

Agree with that. Coming from Real Madrid as a big money signing and expected first team player to moving to Leicester to try and displace Vardy isn't going to sound appealing to him. 

It doesn't look like he can play any position but the central striker. I think our best formation is 4-1-4-1 so unless he can play wide in that then it's a straight shoot out between him and Vardy for the striker position. 

I've not taken much interest in this story because I feel it's very unlikely to happen for a number of reasons. One as big as any is he won't come here unless footballing conditions are well suited for him and he comes here to play as a guaranteed starter in his favourite role.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I get very much Youri Tielemans vibes from this potential move but once again that’s why I’d want a loan with option to buy. 

If he came here on loan it wouldn't be us dictating the terms.

It would either be a mandatory buy if they thought he was junk or a genuine loan. Even a sale would probably include an option to buy clause as I've noticed the like of Real and Barcelona don't like to let go of top young talent who aren't quite good enough without an option to rectify that decision to sell if they come good.

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t think anyone would have thought Nacho would one day be a regular for us before 9 months ago but his performances this season have been quite consistent and it’s getting harder to leave him out the team. Our attacking play looks a lot better with him in the side with his link up play and movement.

I’ve not seen enough of Jovic to know if he’s got that in his locker or if he is less technical and more of a potent goal scorer like Vardy. If he cant link the play as well then he’s probably battling it out with Vardy in a two striker formation, we’ve seen how two out and out goal scorers doesn’t really work with Slimani and Vardy in the past. 

He's very capable of defensive football but has all the attributes needed of a "possession striker". Fantastic hold up and linkup play, great technically and aerially. He is powerful and has really excellent positioning. He is intelligent, and plays particularly well with other wide forwards, not necessarily wingers (Haller and Rebic joined Jovic in a very tight front three). The reason Real Madrid bought him and the reason he was so hyped is because he had "everything" - all the attributes are there. His consistency and attitude are all that's in question. He has one full season of glorious performances, but at Real Madrid has been inconsistent, although he has hit the woodwork a lot.

If I was Klopp I'd be looking to loan Jovic with an option to buy. Perfect opportunity to replace Roberto "8 goals" Firmino, he may not be able to fill all Firminos defensive duties but in possession he would be a huge improvement. Hell, if Aguero leaves, if I were Pep I would consider him to rotate Jesus with too.

The people saying he's too big for us need to remember we just signed Youri Tielemans. 

It's a very similar story, Europe's next big thing, highly rated, gets a move to a big champions league club, it doesn't pan out, his stock takes a hit, he needs a move to a smaller club to rekindle things, preferably one where he'll actually get the spotlight. 

A top six premiership club is a pretty normal level for him to be looking at. 

• Like 2

If we keep playing with the current formation where Pérez, Iheanacho and Vardy are all on at once we are very much in need of another striker and this lad is quality. Him, Iheanacho and Pérez playing once Vardy is phased out would suit me nicely. Until then, him and Iheanacho playing interchangeably. 

Gerrimin! 

9 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Very promising to see someone rate him so highly. All I’ve seen of him are a few highlights at Frankfurt where he looked an elite finisher, but couldn’t tell much about the rest of his all round game. 

If Real Madrid were willing to take a €60 million punt on him though then he’s gotta have some star quality about him. The more I think about it, and reading your post too, he could be a good signing. Neither Vards or Kelechi have that ability to make centre half’s uncomfortable in a physical battle - something we lack when camped in the oppositions third. Maybe Jovic could provide that but also be suited to our play. 

I think its the combination of his quality and his inconsistency that means he wouldn't be a great signing, to be honest. Unless we started to play a lot more with two strikers I can't see him getting enough attention and playtime to get back to his old form. He should do what he should have done in the first place; move to a club where he will be first choice. Here he will still have to compete very hard for playtime, which maybe he's not cut out for, looking at this season with Real Madrid. He's also still fairly raw - although he has all the attributes to be a possession striker, he has only really played consistently in Frankfurt, which was more of a pressing, counterattacking team.

We just need to be not drawn into Lazy journalism to a lot of these rumours how we’ve been linked for a few weeks to this lad, now suddenly the likes of the Gooneys Man U & spuds are now being linked with this young lad?

Be great if we could get him he looks a quality signing that could potentially score for fun in the Premier League, so we need the powers to be to twist his arm a bit to join us not sure if he’s been spotted in Leicester’s local Morrison’s yet that always seem to hold all the secrets to our signings and a credible source 🤧?

6 hours ago, justfoxes said:

We just need to be not drawn into Lazy journalism to a lot of these rumours how we’ve been linked for a few weeks to this lad, now suddenly the likes of the Gooneys Man U & spuds are now being linked with this young lad?

Be great if we could get him he looks a quality signing that could potentially score for fun in the Premier League, so we need the powers to be to twist his arm a bit to join us not sure if he’s been spotted in Leicester’s local Morrison’s yet that always seem to hold all the secrets to our signings and a credible source 🤧?

Think I saw him in there but with a face covering on I couldn`t be sure :-)