Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Luka Jovic

4 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

On ability, saw a lot of him at Frankfurt where he looked exceptional, exceptional enough for Madrid to fork out a fair bit of money for him. If he can hit 70% of those heights again you'll have a helluva player on your hands. This time last year if someone mentioned signing Jovic people would be astounded and delighted, one poor season where he's not had much of a chance due to Benzema's form doesn't make him any less of a good player. Sometimes moving to such a big club so young doesn't work out and such players go on to have great careers, look at someone like Thierry Henry for example, similar situation to him at Juventus as Jovic at Madrid. There are tons of other such examples.

....yes the game is littered with them!!!

Surprised he was so poor in front of goal, I suppose lack of time in the team causes lack of sharpness.Are we looking to play as a 2 or Vardys' eventual replacement. The thought is football has moved away from the two upfront and if Rodgers holds to this principle then Jovic  will not want to leave a situation that he had endured to play second fiddle to Vardy.

How can we question signing him because it might upset Vardy, he always goes on about not being bothered if he scores or not as long as the team get points, Jovic is at a different level to what we’ve got currently vards and Jovic as a partnership would be deadly next season 

Jovic is a classic example of why moving to the biggest club possible can be a disaster for a young player.  Their careers are insignificant to the big clubs, as is money - throwing a lot of it at a player and then keeping them around gathering dust as insurance is nothing to them.  Pulisic is another good example - he should never have gone to Chelsea, and Chelsea is no Real Madrid.

That said, I'm highly skeptical Jovic would sign with us.  In his mind, he can still do better.  

Edited by Deeg67

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Can we do a double swoop and grab Bale as well? 

Doesn’t he want ridiculous wages ? Last l read, he was happy to sit on the bench & run his contract down. Things change though l guess. 

9 hours ago, 80's fox said:

If he's commented then there's certainly some interest our end and had an indication he may be willing to join. 

Rodgers wouldn't normally comment on a player like this would he? 

Did he comment on him though? Something seems off about that article. Surely if they were quoting Rodgers they would put his words in quotation? 

We always get linked to this sort of player and it never comes off! He would be a top signing. Exactly what we need. A partner for a vards in the short term and the long term replacement for him too. Get him in!

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

Doesn’t he want ridiculous wages ? Last l read, he was happy to sit on the bench & run his contract down. Things change though l guess. 

You reach a point where money is irrelevant I suppose. 

If he’d scored some of the goals with a club like ours, he’d he immortalised like Vardy, Kasper, Wes etc

It’s crazy to think how Madrid have vilified him after some of the goals he’s scored. 

Edited by Sly

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Jovic is a classic example of why moving to the biggest club possible can be a disaster for a young player.  Their careers are insignificant to the big clubs, as is money - throwing a lot of it at a player and then keeping them around gathering dust as insurance is nothing to them.  Pulisic is another good example - he should never have gone to Chelsea, and Chelsea is no Real Madrid.

That said, I'm highly skeptical Jovic would sign with us.  In his mind, he can still do better.  

Pulisic is doing alright in Chelsea this season, I think. However you're right, Jovic's move was a disaster waiting to happen since Real Madrid and the likes are clubs where you are either as a confirmed player or exceptionally talented. They won't give you much time to adapt and will throw you to the wolves if you fail to live up to the very high expectations. It would be a class signing but I fail to see where he would fit.

42 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Can't see it happening unless Nacho's on his way out, which would be a shame. I also doubt Jovic would come here to play second fiddle.

Would argue Nacho is more than an out and out striker, his link up play is good as a support striker

27 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Pulisic is doing alright in Chelsea this season, I think. However you're right, Jovic's move was a disaster waiting to happen since Real Madrid and the likes are clubs where you are either as a confirmed player or exceptionally talented. They won't give you much time to adapt and will throw you to the wolves if you fail to live up to the very high expectations. It would be a class signing but I fail to see where he would fit.

Leicester fans, the epitome of patience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1