Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Luka Jovic

A talented player but I'm not sure his attitude would fit in with our team and squad. Right now we have a very likable and hard working squad. A bad apple is what we don't need! Even Rodgers can't turn everyone around, not even he could fix Balotelli as an example of his time during his time at Liverpool.

Also personally I think it's fast wide players that can finish that we need, not a striker. Think Mahrez / Mane / Salah / Sane type. 

In terms of raw talent though, there is no doubt he has it in abundance. 

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

A talented player but I'm not sure his attitude would fit in with our team and squad. Right now we have a very likable and hard working squad. A bad apple is what we don't need! Even Rodgers can't turn everyone around, not even he could fix Balotelli as an example of his time during his time at Liverpool.

Also personally I think it's fast wide players that can finish that we need, not a striker. Think Mahrez / Mane / Salah / Sane type. 

Is Jovic a bad egg? I've not heard that before. That team Frankfurt built last season was astonishing but also quite alarming how badly Jovic and Haller have gone on to do this season.

I don't know how we'd keep Jovic happy as he's an out and out striker and not sure him and Vardy would play together?

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is Jovic a bad egg? I've not heard that before. That team Frankfurt built last season was astonishing but also quite alarming how badly Jovic and Haller have gone on to do this season.

I don't know how we'd keep Jovic happy as he's an out and out striker and not sure him and Vardy would play together?

Yet the likes of Luka Jovic think the rules don't apply to them

What would you do if you found out someone you may have come into contact with had tested positive for coronavirus?

You'd probably stay indoors, right? Isolate from those you care for? Give yourself a week to display any symptoms and then maybe get on with your life?

Not Luka Jovic. After a Real Madrid basketball player tested positive for the virus, they shut down all of their training. The players were sent home and told to quarantine.

Luka Jovic decided to go back to Serbia during his club-enforced quarantine, flying there

Luka Jovic decided to go back to Serbia during his club-enforced quarantine, flying there

Jovic took that as an opportunity to return to Serbia. That's a journey with a serious risk of coming into contact with others. Even worse, Madrid is a virus hotspot and Serbia had told people not to return.

It is serious enough that the Serbian prime minister hammered him for his decision. Ana Brnabic said: 'We have the negative example of our football stars who earn millions and have ignored the obligation to self-isolate so they can return home.' 

Even his dad admitted he had made a mistake, stating: 'Now it seems like he's a major criminal. If he has to go to jail, then he goes.'

Just because Jovic can hop on a plane at any time, it does not mean he should. He needs to have more social responsibility than that. 

51 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We need bastards, does anyone know if he is a bastard? He looks it.

• Haha 2

So how likely is this deal to actually happen? 
Seems like a mixed response from everyone on here whether he is actually going to cut it.

We need a third striker but will he be ahead of Nacho given his upturn in performance this season?

52 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Even his dad admitted he had made a mistake, stating: 'Now it seems like he's a major criminal. If he has to go to jail, then he goes.'

Just because Jovic can hop on a plane at any time, it does not mean he should. He needs to have more social responsibility than that. 

I'm all for strict parenting and all that. But trying to get your son sent to jail might be a bit far lol

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

I started to look into him but just ended up on his Mrs Instagram page. She's outrageously fit

Gerrimin.

Definitely the weirdest take you see on every transfer rumour.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yet the likes of Luka Jovic think the rules don't apply to them

What would you do if you found out someone you may have come into contact with had tested positive for coronavirus?

You'd probably stay indoors, right? Isolate from those you care for? Give yourself a week to display any symptoms and then maybe get on with your life?

Not Luka Jovic. After a Real Madrid basketball player tested positive for the virus, they shut down all of their training. The players were sent home and told to quarantine.

Jovic took that as an opportunity to return to Serbia. That's a journey with a serious risk of coming into contact with others. Even worse, Madrid is a virus hotspot and Serbia had told people not to return.

It is serious enough that the Serbian prime minister hammered him for his decision. Ana Brnabic said: 'We have the negative example of our football stars who earn millions and have ignored the obligation to self-isolate so they can return home.' 

247117_w650h743.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

We need bastards, does anyone know if he is a bastard? He looks it.

More self-obsessed, like many of the younger players are like these days. Think Paul Pogba rather than Diego Costa.

I know what you mean though, we could do with someone other than Vardy with a nastier edge to their game. A Ramos / Chiellini / Vieira / Petit type for example. Ndidi is a world class defensive midfielder and a lovely guy, but we could definitely do with someone that is so competitive they push it to the edge.The winning teams all have someone like that. Even with Liverpool, just listen to how mouthy Henderson is when you are at a game. He's actually a pretty nasty piece of work who sledges opponents, but I'd also argue it's why he's so vital to their team.

At the same time for all my negativity, I can see why he's being linked here. We can't go and buy ready-made players like Ziyech, Werner, Sancho. We have to take calculated gambles on players who it hasn't quite worked our for some reason, like Tielemans. As I say he's definitely got the talent, but you need more than that these days. For example I would say that each of Firminho, Salah and Mane though good are not world class. They aren't quite as good as Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Hazard, Mbappe. But because they put in a shift for the team as well as being pretty good they are collectively amazing.

Edited by StriderHiryu

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

More self-obsessed, like many of the younger players are like these days. Think Paul Pogba rather than Diego Costa.

I know what you mean though, we could do with someone other than Vardy with a nastier edge to their game. A Ramos / Chiellini / Vieira / Petit type for example. Ndidi is a world class defensive midfielder and a lovely guy, but we could definitely do with someone that is so competitive they push it to the edge.The winning teams all have someone like that. Even with Liverpool, just listen to how mouthy Henderson is when you are at a game. He's actually a pretty nasty piece of work who sledges opponents, but I'd also argue it's why he's so vital to their team.

I dream of a midfield of Gary Medel and Arturo Vidal, both still in their twenties, playing behind Madders. 

• Haha 1

We seem to have done our homework on him before he turned absolutely shit hot and were priced out of a move, I could definitely see this being true. Still probably have better options than us but when a player flops at a big club we are the ideal next rung down.