Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Man City CAS

2 hours ago, 4everfox said:

So because of these cheating scumbags, we missed out on (at least) two successive champions league campaigns and the finances that go with it? We need to demand compensation because this is outrageous. 

There's not a chance we go after anything. Wouldn't want to upset the apple cart would we! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Shame those 2 seasons we missed out on UCL football arent part of the investigation, would love to get the extra money for that

Doubt that will ever even be mentioned. I suspect the Premier League will try its hardest to protect one of their biggest assets. The success they have had and the megastar players they have bought in, have helped the Premier League bring in even more money.

I suspect the only reason they have announced charges after all these years, is the fact the government is very close to stepping in and taking over the regulation for them, which they obviously don't want. 

55 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Rangers had to drop to the bottom of the Scottish pyramid.

But they didn't though. 

Rangers lost their place in the league because they were liquidated and stopped being a club briefly before another company bought all its assets, picked a similar name and had to re-apply for that place, to which the rest of the league said no and they were forced to take the spot open in the bottom tier. That's not the same as being relegated. 

• Like 1

If this is still being pursued at a higher level its doubtful that it's going to get brushed under the carpet. Man City are in big trouble particularly with allegations going back so far but moreso because of the level of long standing legal involvement with the club.

It's effectively gross negligence and it wouldn't surprise me for them to get expelled from the league for at least a season. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Scotch said:

But they didn't though. 

Rangers lost their place in the league because they were liquidated and stopped being a club briefly before another company bought all its assets, picked a similar name and had to re-apply for that place, to which the rest of the league said no and they were forced to take the spot open in the bottom tier. That's not the same as being relegated. 

Yet for all intents and purposes, that's exactly what it was.

Just now, Scotch said:

They'll get an 18 month transfer ban, appeal it and it'll be cut to 6 month. On top of a fine that they can easily pay. 

Yeah, practically nothing.

I don't see any reason for the PL to do this if they weren't going to go for the jugular. It would have been easy enough to drop the matter when the UEFA case sputtered to nothing.

With Newcastle being bought by the Saudi government (let's not pretend that's not the case) and the Qataris nosing around, they want to nip the deveopment in the bud. Because otherwise you might get another "outsider" club trying to buy the league with oil blood money.

And they know the league is one front page execution away from answering more uncomfortable questions about Newcastle's owners (when they guy who orders a dissident or homosexual beheaded refers to Newcastle as "our club"...).

The best case scenario for the PL would be stripping them of their trophies, relegation, and a forcing new ownership ... the other "big" clubs would love it (although Chelsea would sweat a bit), because they hate the Gulf sovereign wealth funds upsetting apple cart.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Where to start.

- Relegate them

- Impose HEAVY financial penalties

- Asteriks everything they've won in that period and compensation to every team affected by their dishonesty

- Ban them from 5 transfer windows

- Force their owners to sell up, they have proven to be rotten and cannot be permitted to continue owning the club

Did I miss anything? You've got to hit them hard, otherwise this will only keep happening.

In principle I agree, but you need a highly competent druid and a lot of magic potion to be able to do that...

Asteriks-Asteriks-u-Brytow-Tom-7.jpg.caf9e0693f5bf00fbde77b6a47441cfe.jpg

• Haha 4

Perhaps I’m not looking at this the right way, so I’ll be happily corrected if I’m wrong… 

…but I see a lot of talk here about us going after Man City if they are found to have seriously breached multiple PL rules, following them nipping us to the Champions League in 2020.

The Man City/UEFA/CAS saga in 2020 is a shut case.

These new charges by the PL are going to be heard by a separate PL commission, but the PL is a limited corporation of which Leicester City are a member. The PL members chartered that commission. Based on the severity of the charges of which Man City are found guilty, the commission has leeway to enforce open-ended sanctions. (Edit: Man City can appeal any sanctions to an appeal panel as lined out in the PL rules, but would not be able to take any appeal to the CAS.) It seems to me that if the commission determines that Man City’s actions caused significant financial harm to other PL members, that the punishment should reflect this. In this case, a big part of the punishment would have to be fines and payments made to the PL and its members, no? 

Edit: Essentially, it seems to me that Leicester City FC are a party in the PL’s case against Man City (along with the other PL members). So, they can’t file suit based on the CAS/UEFA decision, but *this* new set of PL charges really is the club’s biggest chance at legal action against Man City.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Edited by Jordan

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The only thing that annoys me about that is that they'll come straight back up by winning the Championship which will then set a record for most second tier titles won. We're currently drawn with them on 7.

Brendan Rodgers is working on us being available for the decider next season...

4 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Nothing will happen. A league system that confidently allows the ownership of clubs by arguably the most nefarious people on the planet can’t suddenly pretend to care about these things. It’s all the same. 

Yeah. Letting obscenely rich people with questionable practices in won't bring any issues. 

Not really bothered by the outcome here, the game went when they allowed multi billionaires in without any proper caps on spending. This was always going to occur.

Just now, Corky said:

Yeah. Letting obscenely rich people with questionable practices in won't bring any issues. 

Not really bothered by the outcome here, the game went when they allowed multi billionaires in without any proper caps on spending. This was always going to occur.

The horse has well and truly bolted and if they’re going to act than I’m sure every club in the league would have dirty laundry ready to be aired. 

The whole retrospectively fine them for lost potential earnings for a competition we never played in makes me laugh. As if anyone actually cares.