Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Man City CAS

6 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Nothing will happen. A league system that confidently allows the ownership of clubs by arguably the most nefarious people on the planet can’t suddenly pretend to care about these things. It’s all the same. 

Every mob boss in a crime cartel has dirt on each other but if the Commission finds out one of them is costing the rest of them money or overstepping onto another family’s turf, there will be reprisals. I wonder if we will see something similar here.

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The horse has well and truly bolted and if they’re going to act than I’m sure every club in the league would have dirty laundry ready to be aired. 

The whole retrospectively fine them for lost potential earnings for a competition we never played in makes me laugh. As if anyone actually cares. 

Should never have been an issue anyway. We had big enough leads to secure it ourselves.

They’ve been very cautious in the market past couple seasons 

yes they’ve bought grealish and haarland but they’ve sold quite a few and are around mid table on nett spend 

almost like they knew what was coming and wanted to point to their existing way of spending as being no problem for the PL

Despise what you may think, I’m not sure that there is an appetite within the PL to give them a huge sanction like relegation 

the most I could see would be a points deduction for next season and a multi million pound fine that went into the pyramid 

Here’s an idea out of left field - they accept a points deduction sanction and ask for it to be applied this season and go all out on the Champions League - hence they would still qualify for next seasons competition by winning it l. 

Edited by st albans fox

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

almost like they knew what was coming and wanted to point to their existing way of spending as being no problem for the PL

Despise what you may think, I’m not sure that there is an appetite within the PL to give them a huge sanction like relegation 

the most I could see would be a points deduction for next season and a multi million pound fine that went into the pyramid 

Wow, such intolerance.  :o

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

But they didn't though. 

Rangers lost their place in the league because they were liquidated and stopped being a club briefly before another company bought all its assets, picked a similar name and had to re-apply for that place, to which the rest of the league said no and they were forced to take the spot open in the bottom tier. That's not the same as being relegated. 

So, if Man city say to the Premier league, i.e. all the other clubs, please let us off we won't do it again, what will the premier leagues response be, considering an earler mention in the thread, this is probably being driven from certain american owners.

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

So, if Man city say to the Premier league, i.e. all the other clubs, please let us off we won't do it again, what will the premier leagues response be, considering an earler mention in the thread, this is probably being driven from certain american owners.

Um, sorry but I'm not certain that this response is relevant to the discussion we were having. 

I'm not sure how other clubs will respond and truth be told, not only do I not understand FFP rules but I don't believe that there is anyone alive that does. 

My response was with regards to you comparing this and Man City's future punishment with what happened at Rangers and the consequences they got. They aren't the same thing. 

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

They will no doubt get a fine that's all.

In theory they should have to hand out all their best players to the shutter clubs so we will have Alfie and Riyadh back!

Money means nothing to Man City. Would much prefer them to start next season with a point deficit. That would be beautiful. 

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

If this is still being pursued at a higher level its doubtful that it's going to get brushed under the carpet. Man City are in big trouble particularly with allegations going back so far but moreso because of the level of long standing legal involvement with the club.

It's effectively gross negligence and it wouldn't surprise me for them to get expelled from the league for at least a season

I think it would surprise MOST people!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Money means nothing to Man City. Would much prefer them to start next season with a point deficit. That would be beautiful. 

You and me both know deep down nothing of note will happen.

Sheikh Mansoor  will have his million lawyers on this already looking for a loophole.

FA will report back " Lessons will be learnt for future".

I.e move on, nothing to see here.

It's a disgrace and feck all we can do.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Points deduction as aswell two year transfer ban would be satisfied punishment. But I wonder if they'll investigate Chelsea aswell. 

Don't think that sets a good precedent. Suggests you can cheat for 10 years, win multiple trophies and massively grow your worldwide brand, and in return you miss a handful of transfer windows and finish outside the top 4 for one season. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Don't think that sets a good precedent. Suggests you can cheat for 10 years, win multiple trophies and massively grow your worldwide brand, and in return you miss a handful of transfer windows and finish outside the top 4 for one season. 

Yep

but u can be sure that the second club that do it will get a much bigger sanction ….

9 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

There’s a part of me that wishes the “Super League” six had just frigged off for good. The same 12 sides could have just played each other over and over in perpetuity, with nothing to gain and nothing to lose, to a Chinese and Middle Eastern TV audience. Meanwhile, the rest of us could get on with the actual proper club football that everybody really loves.

I suspect after a while, greed would kick in again and they would then try to set up a Super League B and so on. 

They want to make as much money as possible, and they do that by demanding more and more of the pie. 

• Like 1