Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheff Utd & Liverpool

We need to get behind Sheff Utd today and Liverpool when they host Chelsea. 2 defeats for Chelsea will mean a max of 6 more points. Meaning 7 will do it for us with goal difference. 2 wins and a draw. Up the blades today let's have a win please.

Edited by lcfcfoz
Wrong

Yep the Foxestalk Massive will certainly improve the chances of wins for Sheff Utd and Liverpool, Currently lubricating my voice box and exercising my fingers ready for 3pm. :P:scarf:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A real dilemma though is if Sheff Utd get a win today, they become a really tough prospect when we face them on Thursday. They have turned their form around very quickly and seem to be just as effective as they were pre-lockdown. I would still expect us to get the better of them but the reality might be much different and therefore our top 4 hopes in real danger.

I think I'd like to see them 2-0 up and concede 2 in the final 10 mins and it finish a draw.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A real dilemma though is if Sheff Utd get a win today, they become a really tough prospect when we face them on Thursday. They have turned their form around very quickly and seem to be just as effective as they were pre-lockdown. I would still expect us to get the better of them but the reality might be much different and therefore our top 4 hopes in real danger.

I think I'd like to see them 2-0 up and concede 2 in the final 10 mins and it finish a draw.

I wouldn’t mind a Sheff Utd win with half their team going down injured

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Nah the're like 8 points behind us, whatever the result today they'll want to win on Thursday, so may as well have them get a win against Chelsea. A draw would still be a great result for us though.

19 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

I'm sooooo right behind them that I may be currently sexually assaulting them 

But are you right behind HPF or is he literally right behind you?

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They'll be a tough prospect whether they win today or not. A Sheffield win gives us so much more chance of a top 4 finish. We have to be so bad over the last 4 games for Sheffield to catch us that we honestly wouldn't deserve top 4. 

If we win 2, get a draw against Spurs but then lose to Manure which would still be a good haul from our last 4 games we can easily be 5th (and maybe out of CL) A Sheffield win means that's far less likely and top 4 above Chelsea becomes a good possibility.

In the end it's still down to us, but at the moment Chelsea, Us and Manure all have our own future in our own hands.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Not a dilemma really. They win today and we win tomorrow, we need one point from the remaining three games and they won't be able to catch us. We should be looking for the likes of Chelsea or United to slip up as they're more our rivals than anyone else. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TonyN11 said:

Southampton have been impressive recently for a team that is safe and won't qualify for Europe.

Think that they could get something at OT on Monday

I think they could get a draw. I can't see them winning. Lets not forget Man Utd have been in great form themselves.

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

The big problem for us is our games are against teams fighting for something, whereas our challengers have games against teams that are already on the Beech.

We have Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Spuds and Utd.

We should have enough quality against Bournemouth, Sheff Utd will be tough, Spuds are done, Utd no way.

Chelsea have a tough run, Sheff Utd tough, Liverpool going for points record and not wanting to lose at home, Norwich are toss granted but somehow we only got 1point against them, Wolves last game depends if either have anything to play for. I can only see Chelsea getting 6/7 points more max.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We have Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Spuds and Utd.

I forgot they were one of the four teams we had to face. Thought it was Man City or Chelsea again or someone.

We'll be fine. :ph34r:

Edited by OntarioFox

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

The big problem for us is our games are against teams fighting for something, whereas our challengers have games against teams that are already on the Beech.

Chelsea have teams who all have something to play for subject to Norwich surviving today. Liverpool will want a 100% home record. Sheff U want Europe and so will Wolves in last day. 

Not too dis-similar to ourselves. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jaqo88 said:

I wouldn’t mind a Sheff Utd win with half their team going down injured

I watch every game hoping for the right result for us but also hoping that key players of Chelsea, Man U , Wolves and Arsenal get injured. Does that make me a bad person?

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Chelsea have teams who all have something to play for subject to Norwich surviving today. Liverpool will want a 100% home record. Sheff U want Europe and so will Wolves in last day. 

Not too dis-similar to ourselves. 

Norwich might turn up after they are relegated, it's not unknown for that to happen. They are a special kind of awful though.