Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

Guest An Sionnach
7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Win the last 3 Brendan and all will be forgiven.

If we do win the last three it will be in spite of him and purely down to the skill and fight of the players. To be honest the less input he has the better I will like it. The less involved Claudio got the better we played , sadly he then had to start tinkering.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

If we do win the last three it will be in spite of him and purely down to the skill and fight of the players. To be honest the less input he has the better I will like it. The less involved Claudio got the better we played , sadly he then had to start tinkering.

In fairness I think Ranieri or whoever had to tinker. With the players we'd sold on, we could no longer play the style we had been effectively. 

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

The change didn't help, I won't dispute that but I can see why he made the change if he felt that Youri and the defence needed more cover and let's be honest, Nacho was poor first half. However, they weren't causing any major damage until Kasper had that absolute brain fart. That was then compounded by Caglar's complete idiocy which cost us any chance of getting back into that game. Obviously it's my opinion, but I think if Kasper doesn't make that error then we soak up that pressure, frustrate them and win the game. They were always going to put pressure on at some point and I think we'd have got through it if Kasper doesn't give them a Get Out of Jail Free card. 

Nacho was no worse than Perez, and other than a bundled goal (which he’d assisted) he was no worse than Vardy. He’d had a few chances which for me was an encouraging sign and I was looking forward to him coming out in the 2nd and putting Bournemouth’s now weakened defence (Ake injured) under further pressure. The change in personnel and formation encouraged Bournemouth to come on to us. A noticeable gap appeared between our midfield and attack, they pressed more and that led directly to a pressurised miss-kick from Schmeichel. 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

He was already with us wasn’t he, we doubled his contract from £5m to £10m a year I think 

Oh you mean in the extension,  In which case I doubt any manager is going to take 5 million guaranteed to 10 million with performance stipulations.

Its just not a done thing. You sack a manager you have to pay him off.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Nacho had at least 4 of our 1st half shots at goal so he was getting chances, he also assisted Vardy’s goal. He was dropping deeper and involving himself in play. He did more than either of his colleagues except the Vardy goal. He gets hooked off all the time by Brendan, more likely because he is less likely to moan than others and also because he’s not a Roger’s signing like Perez. 

Nacho and Praet are always first to go, no idea why quite often as well.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, hejammy said:

I don't think it's entitlement. If for the majority of the season we were hovering over 6/7/8th and we finished with European football we of course would be ecstatic. However at one point this year we were "challenging" for the title. We've been in the top 4 since September I think, to capitulate from there is the reason for the anger and frustration. We were phenomenal pre Dec and then something happened. A team shouldn't go from amazing to shocking over night and yesterday was actually the amalgamation of most of the games since Dec boiling over. Forget any team in the top 4, any team in the premier league folding over like that would have their supporters disappointed. We certainly have the players to be beating Bournemouth as we could see from the first half. We were more than comfortable and should have had the game put to bed by then. I don't even think we got out of 2nd gear. However after the break bournemouth showed some resilience and we got stuck in 2nd gear, coupled with some very strange substitutions. 

Second half of the season is the time that teams have worked out how to play against winning teams, and set up to do it.

BR should know this and be ready for it.

He doesnt and and he wasn't.

How many of the 16 teams we have played twice, did better against us in the second match?

Nearly every one?

We are being out-thought and out-managed.

It can't be beyond the wit of our club to have sorted this out - but it has been.

Edited by hamptonfox
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Nacho had at least 4 of our 1st half shots at goal so he was getting chances, he also assisted Vardy’s goal. He was dropping deeper and involving himself in play. He did more than either of his colleagues except the Vardy goal. He gets hooked off all the time by Brendan, more likely because he is less likely to moan than others and also because he’s not a Roger’s signing like Perez. 

Fair enough, everyone sees the game differently. I'm a big fan of Nacho, I'd start him every week, but I didn't think he was all that yesterday. His positional play was good, agreed... but I thought he wasted some very presentable chances, there were a couple he just absolutely ballooned. I know this is very uncharitable of me but while yes, he technically got an assist, the assist really came from whatever the **** that guy on the line thought he was doing.

I'm not just arguing for the sake of it but I can see why he brought off Nacho, however I also agree with you that it could and perhaps should have been Perez. Either way the withdrawal of a striker wasn't the maddest move in the world when we were likely to face a second half barrage. That's all I'm saying.

Anyway, I'm boring myself now so I'll stop lol

• Haha 1

Please behave. Yes we are all hurting but the players must also take responsibility, despite a baffling substitution and the reason given for it to Stringer.   Let’s get behind the team.  Make it the third miracle in 6 years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

Because they were always going to come out and attack, their futures literally depended on it...and they did. It was never going to be the cake walk it was in the first half.

Agree here. Some people on here think that for some reason Bournemouth  has no right to come out and attack in the second half. It’s football and it was always going to happen after an Eddie Howe motivationaal

half time teAm

speech. Leicester were doing ok defending and sitting back and eventually I think would have picked them off !!

Edited by Ely fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

They didn't in the first half despite us leading. We allowed them to seize the advantage and hampered ourselves in opportunities to counterattack if they did pile forward. Poor tactical call indeed by Rodgers that cost us. 

Have you ever heard of a half time team

talk?! 

57 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

I’ve just heard it from the ‘top’ In the summer there are rumours of Nigel Pearson coming in for Brendan Rodgers. 

SLB

12 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Well, we certainly didn't have one.

I think Bournemouth were always going to come out fighting at the start of the second half after a roasting they needed the win. They were at home (I know there was no fans) but the plan was to sit back and then pick them off on the break as their initial attack petered out. I think we would have won if not for that bad mistake. Which came out of nowhere. I don’t think Bournemouth had any clear cut chances before that. I thought taking off our striker was a strange one and I wouldn’t have changed that, but I still think we’d have won if that bad error didn’t happen.

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

Definitely agree with this. Rodgers doesn't realise that Iheanacho is the one who drops into the pockets to pick up the ball and is a huge part of how we attack. Before the Everton game we were poor as we had no options to break the lines. He might not have been great Sunday but he was getting the ball and having chances, keeping the ball in Bournemouth half. As soon as he came off we had no options to pass too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

How long is a piece of string? 

Are we in a higher position than we were with 3 games to go than last season? Have we a better GD than at this stage last season? 

By any measure we've improved so I think you're being a little hysterical. 

Well you are measuring it over a very long period of time, an entire season.

Whilst I am looking at the current trend and momentum of the team, I think half a season is too long to consider it a temporary blip.

Yes we are higher placed in the league (currently) and have a better GD.  But we are miles away from the way of play that got us there, and the problem is Rodgers no longer has that killing mentality which got us those points.  He has gone from expecting his team to play with intensity for 90 minutes to wanting to grind out 1-0's, he isnt the same manager now.

Edited by Chrysalis