Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

I get what he's saying. It's kind of like Nige's Delusions of Grandeur comment; we have to get what we want by earning it, we have no given right to be at the top of the table, it's all hard work from our own ability & effort which makes us what we are. But yeah, NFP put it better than the Brodge

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

He's right, we aren't. But I'd like him to be a bit more positive about our situation... 

Pathetic attitude and sums up his squad selections for some of our games against the big teams. There's absolutely no reason we couldn't finish in the top 4 this season after being 15 points clear.

I think his own opinion of his tactical astuteness screws him over. His justification for withdrawing Kalechi was bollocks. He seemed to be looking for something to change, rather than allowing the game to flow. I think he just examines unnecessary problems and tries to act upon them without actually looking at the bigger picture.

The change was unnecessary, we were in control and nothing needed to be changed. The thing is, one the players start to get the hump with his decisions, he will lose them, and then there is no recovery. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Yesterday it was Brendans massive ego that was the problem, now he's being too humble. Lets be honest whatever he says somebody will be outraged.

Its like a car crash. You can't help but watch.

Guest An Sionnach
9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Yesterday it was Brendans massive ego that was the problem, now he's being too humble. Lets be honest whatever he says somebody will be outraged.

Its not ego , all football managers have egos . I have said it before, he is an Ulsterman , who rarely budge from their quasi-religous fixed positions. They consider compromise or change of tack a weakness. I don't want him sacked , I want him to show that he can be flexible and to listen to his senior players , whose superior knowledge of what it is like to face and overcome top class football teams on the pitch should be a fundamental part of his decision making.

Not a chance Brendan only has 3 games to save his job. Top knows fully well that if we qualify for Europe that's the main thing and Rodgers will hopefully deliver it. He'll be here at the start of next season, I'm sure of it. 

• Like 3

As he has often intimated throughout his career, Rodgers has a pretty high opinion of himself. But his reputation as a top-grade manager does not really stand up to close scrutiny.

He blew the title with Liverpool, and while winning domestic trophies with Celtic was a matter of course, his record in Europe with them was pretty dreadful (W1 D3 L8 in the Champions League proper, including seven-goal maulings at Barca and PSG, and one qualifying failure).

The next three games are among the biggest tests of his career. If he succeeds in taking Leicester into the Champions League, his profile will soar. If he fails, after letting slip such a massive lead (and after signing a new lucrative contract), he will be widely labelled a ‘bottler’.

Let’s see what you’re made of, Brendan...

18 hours ago, Unique FC said:

Agree one of the worst managerial decisions we have witnessed at Leicester. we had 11 shots to their 1 I am not sure what threat he was referring too. 

I do feel Rodgers could be sacked 10 games into the new season if he carries on with this form. 

I do disagree on Fuchs though, I think as a back up left back he is a good option to have around the club. 

Morgan I agree with, as a 4th choice cb as he has been this season I would have liked to see Benkovic have that place. 

We do need to improve the squad but we only can do this by signing players better than our current 11 and increasing competition for places. 

I don't think Rodgers + Lee Congerton are good enough if the transfer market to sign the players we need.

We’ll have to wait and see if that pair can pull off a few decent transfers in the coming weeks, with the few rumours banding around I’d certainly take a couple as quality signings ?

But like some have said Brendan hasn’t really helped his cause with a few comments last few days it’s one minute we’re not good enough to chase or play Champions League football then on the other comment The champions League fate is Still in our hands?

we've had a few too Many Jekyll & Hyde performances this season god knows why is it we’re just not strong enough mentally to finish some teams off I don’t agree with some pundits who have stated that Leicester have been punching above their weight this season with our lofty position in the league that we’ve held onto since around September last year, so what is the reason for these Fuched up displays where we should have won is it the lack of quality in the squad do we rely on players far too much or is it Brendans tactics substitutions or what does Brendan need to show he can bring in some quality in the transfer market ?

Weve enjoyed some amazing performances this season and being in 3rd place for most of the season giving us hope of visiting the European Holy Grail of Champions League football certainly whets the appetite, but honestly at the moment can you say we’re ready for such an adventure or do we have a chance of being Royally embarrassed as this squad isn’t in Brendans words not good enough and not ready for Champions League ?

Only time will tell now over the last 3 games to see if we can turn that embarrassing defeat against Bournemouth into 3 quality end of season finishes to try and salvage a Champions League spot but with Man City some how getting away with a solid ban that should have been upheld were in dyer need of maximum points in last 3 games and hope other results go our way so we can creep back into 3rd?

Nobody ever said it would be easy being a Leicester City fan a definite RollerCoaster of emotions at times but with the ups and downs we follow this amazing football club to the end, hoping Brendan is the right man to take us forward build our football club into a quality football club we all know it’s capable of ?

We aren't as big as the three above us, plus Man Utd, nobody on here would disagree with that, but to come out and say it is strange. Similarly, I was disappointed when Ranieri came out when we were Champions the following season and said we were aiming for 40 points first. Strange mentality to have.

I don't know why he's referring to them as "super clubs". But he is correct that we are in an incredible position and people shouldn't forget that. If we'd have been offered this position with three games to go we'd all have taken it, no doubt, it's just that we all have an issue with how far we were in front. It's important for Rodgers too because he's already bottled one big thing and that was the title at Liverpool.

There's no chance he loses his job this summer and rightly too. He's delivered a good season so far. Yes we've been shit since December, and inconsistent, but overall the season has been good (and that's on top of two cup semi finals). I said prior to the season starting I wanted to see us get top 6 plus reach a cup semi-final and we'll probably do that. My personal targets haven't changed just because of a dip in form. I did worry when we gave him a new contract on the back of half a season, however, I don't know why we seem to hand contracts out like there's no tomorrow.

Tough game against Sheffield United but it's not impossible for us to win it. People speak as if we're facing Barcelona in the pre match thread. Lets not forget they got hammered at Man United and Newcastle in recent weeks. We're still a good side and in a position that half the division would jump at switching with us if they could.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Theyve conceded 50 goals, at least our back four and goalkeeper have been solid for most of the season. Maybe you can argue the midfield is similar but for me maddison > mount, tielemans = kovacic/barkley (debateable but for me tielemans is struggling due to the system and not his ability as a player) and ndidi > kante (current form)/jorginho. Vardy is indisputably better than giroud/abraham. I understand that these other teams have a bigger budget than us but our transfer policy is better which rodgers has had very little hand in. This underdog spiel doesnt work when he's been saying it's in our hands for the entire second half of the season, he's only saying it now to try and cover over the fact he's ****ed up.

Our Transfer Policy is way behind Chelsea's,Abs say behind their Youth Promotion to First team..

We are what we are,Abs at the stage,that Shows in the League...Sliqhtly better,than Bottom to middle,Miles Away from Top big 6...

But this in itself is a reason to celebrate....we are competing,Abs giving us that chance to upset the odds,Like Wolves,& Sheff.utd...

But Finance & Catching area,will have us always playing Catch up....

The likes of Ferguson,Mourhino,Solskjaer,Guardiola,Wenger,Ancilotti, many to be Top managers would Not have the Psyche or character to Lift a Club like Leicester,or even Wolves....Lampard,Klopp,Arteta( just a feeling) ,Nuno, Hitzfeld,and I bet Now Brendan Rodgers,could prove they could Take a talented 'also ran' & given time would Take them to dizzy heights, also for awhile Keep them at least competing...I

Think ,Really Think about this..!!!

To get a Leicester into that Top 5 bracket,and Keep them there,will Need an exceptional manager....In English First division/PL, I can only think at the Moment of

3 that have done it, 2 were given exceptional support,throughout their clubs & 1 became massive....Shankly-Liverpool, Revie-Leeds,then the Cloughie-Taylor

partnership,that gave  Forest & Derby their Great epocs.!!!  Not One yet in PL history..!!!

Unless someone Else can think of a bunch of Nobodies that managed a very moderate budget & stayed..that have regularly come from nowhere to etch their name in history...

Players Not trying is to me in Top leagues a Lazy myth IMHO..

The Need for high mental discipline through 90 minutes,and long periods through a season,is an extra Asset & discipline Need  in modern players make-up,

The Top teams have it en mass,Not always, but the high Quality competetive spirit,is created by big Teams have high Quality cover,others cant afford..

And that in itself Shows various Levels within Top leagues,normal and top Teams wavering form during the season...

Also Todays fans are more cynical & unforgiving,on errors und mistakes..!!! Their expecting levels are too high,for what is being presented..

@Aus Fox  hit in on the Head a few Days ago....If We had Mixed performances at the beginning of the season & dragged ouselves back in These

Last few months,Like how we started,the Mood would be different.....

What frustrated many on here, was laughing at Arsenal,Spurs,Chelsea & Manutd,forgetting those clubs have a Quality solid base,to Strike back,with the right

Formular,despite Political Musical chairs. Others get sucked & Stay down easier.....they Dont have any quality rescources,to fall back on if & when they get

injuries,or long periods of poor form from either players or manager..!!

Though we have NO excuses,for the last game....!

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

All three of which can easily outspend us in the market .... (and have apart from wolves who will do as FFP becomes less of an issue for them )

We're definitely in or around the same tier as Wolves and West Ham financially. Everton are just shite with their money.

To suggest we couldn't compete with them was amazing from Claude in hindsight. Can't believe I defended that bloke at times

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

What I want to see is a manager saying that the performance wasn't good enough for a player playing in a Leicester City shirt, that Leicester City are a side that should be in the European places and a player that wants to play for the club should be demonstrating the desire that goes along with the ethos of the club and that's not what we have been seeing since Christmas so they need to demonstrate that, but for Brendan to say that would be admitting whatever he's doing isn't working. 

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

There's nothing humble about what he's said, yesterday it wasnt tactical it was the players not putting in the effort, now the club's not big enough to be in the top 4. Both times he's backing himself and throwing everyone else around him under the bus. If he admits fault and says he got it wrong and he will work to improve himself as a manager and people still criticise him then fair enough but both of these statements are him not taking responsibility, theyre the same thing.

• Like 3