Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

Definitely agree with this. Rodgers doesn't realise that Iheanacho is the one who drops into the pockets to pick up the ball and is a huge part of how we attack. Before the Everton game we were poor as we had no options to break the lines. He might not have been great Sunday but he was getting the ball and having chances, keeping the ball in Bournemouth half. As soon as he came off we had no options to pass too. 

I keep hearing that BR is a great man manager, but after doing such a good job of building up Nacho's confidence, he seems to be knocking it down again. Nacho seemed anxious against Bournemouth. Like he knew that unless he was having a blinder of game, he would get the hook. Consequently he was trying too hard to make an impression. BR would have been better off saying to Nacho, "Don't worry, I'm not going to take you off. You're playing the full 90 no matter what. Just relax and play your game.".

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Well you are measuring it over a very long period of time, an entire season.

Whilst I am looking at the current trend and momentum of the team, I think half a season is too long to consider it a temporary blip.

Yes we are higher placed in the league (currently) and have a better GD.  But we are miles away from the way of play that got us there, and the problem is Rodgers no longer has that killing mentality which got us those points.  He has gone from expecting his team to play with intensity for 90 minutes to wanting to grind out 1-0's, he isnt the same manager now.

I think the issue is that team's have figured us out. Premier League managers aren't stupid, they wise up to what you're doing after a while. He does need to hit upon another way of playing but we don't have the biggest squad and therefore limited options. In my opinion, your final point is a bit unfair. Firstly, as already stated, we don't have the biggest squad, secondly coronavirus has massively disrupted this season, the frequency of game in this post-lockdown period makes it difficult to play with the level of intensity we did earlier on in the season. Yes United are in amazing form but they have strength in depth and virtually no injuries, everyone else (Liverpool included) have been very streaky since lockdown. Chelsea have been streaky but also downright lucky at times. When your team is physically ****ed, you have to look to grind out wins.

Don't got me wrong, we should have hammered Bournemouth but in the wider context, Brendan has done a good job and I think we'll be better for these experiences which is why talk of his job being at risk is lunacy in my opinion.

It's an odd thing but in recent history we have often come out stronger and wiser having gone through the dark times. Winning the Championship was a result of learning from the horrendous form that saw us almost miss out on the playoffs. The great escape happened after the horrific run that almost saw Nige binned off. Losing is ****ing horrible, losing 4-1 to Bournemouth is about as bad as it gets but I think Brendan has more than enough credit in the bank to suggest he's developing this side.

As I say, just my opinion.

• Like 2

Just heard his official explanation to Stringer back on the Radio Leicester website for the Iheanacho half time sub. He was worried about their threat in wide areas so wanted to play an extra body central to basically run out and help close them down. 

My response....WHAT BLOODY THREAT!!! Get real man. Go and score 2 and 3 and then shut up shop. Iheanacho was doing fine. The team was doing fine. One of the biggest managerial mistakes I can remember. 

Also mentioned that we are a 45 min team and mentality wrong. Maybe sick of the CRAP he is spouting. 

I am very worried about next season. Ranieri couldn't shake if off and he lost his job in the end. Brendan will be gone after 10 games if he cant stop the rot. 

Personally he has made a mistake keeping Fuchs and Morgan. They are now legends in their own lunch hour as far as I am concerned.

Time to move on from that. The old guard will get him sacked, I have no doubt. 

For the sake of his job, Brendan needs to be more adventurous and dont let the old has beens run this squad. Kasper and Vardy included. 

We need 7 or 8 fresh faces in pronto. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Just heard his official explanation to Stringer back on the Radio Leicester website for the Iheanacho half time sub. He was worried about their threat in wide areas so wanted to play an extra body central to basically run out and help close them down. 

My response....WHAT BLOODY THREAT!!! Get real man. Go and score 2 and 3 and then shut up shop. Iheanacho was doing fine. The team was doing fine. One of the biggest managerial mistakes I can remember. 

Also mentioned that we are a 45 min team and mentality wrong. Maybe sick of the CRAP he is spouting. 

I am very worried about next season. Ranieri couldn't shake if off and he lost his job in the end. Brendan will be gone after 10 games if he cant stop the rot. 

Personally he has made a mistake keeping Fuchs and Morgan. They are now legends in their own lunch hour as far as I am concerned.

For the sake of his job, Brendan needs to be more adventurous and dont let the old has beens run this squad. Kasper and Vardy included. 

Very good post. We have been like a registered charity since we won the league with regard to giving out new contracts. Wes, Fuchs & Albrighton all did a fantastic job but are all way past their best & by struggling on as players they risk losing their legacy. They should no longer be at the club.

As for the contracts given to King & James, well I bet they couldn't believe their luck. Neither of them have hardly kicked a ball for us in the last 4 years & are probably earning about 40k per week each. It is a complete joke.

Not to mention that we have to try to offload the likes of Silva. Slimani, Diabate etc & I dont see a rush of clubs coming in for them. I think we have a few problems & the owners pockets will need to be very deep

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Agree one of the worst managerial decisions we have witnessed at Leicester. we had 11 shots to their 1 I am not sure what threat he was referring too. 

I do feel Rodgers could be sacked 10 games into the new season if he carries on with this form. 

I do disagree on Fuchs though, I think as a back up left back he is a good option to have around the club. 

Morgan I agree with, as a 4th choice cb as he has been this season I would have liked to see Benkovic have that place. 

We do need to improve the squad but we only can do this by signing players better than our current 11 and increasing competition for places. 

I don't think Rodgers + Lee Congerton are good enough if the transfer market to sign the players we need.

Thought BR bottled it and undermined our fragile confidence at HT yesterday. We need a proper goal threat at all times, or we just invite trouble. I think the pressure is getting to managers and players, in the fight for CL.

Let's hope we can rally and put the pressure back on others because implosions can come quickly, as we know.

For me our drop inform backs up my feelings of our squad before the season started. Full strength 11 and on form, we are as good as anyone, but we haven’t got the quality in the squad, mostly down to FFP to cover multiple injurys or loss of form. I hope and pray that we can find away to finish 4th and hopefully that will allow us to have a more competitive squad for next season. We can’t afford to lose both full backs and our playmaker, or our top scorer be of form etc etc. If you look at the back up to the strongest 11 we only have Prate, possibly Gray, Justin that can come in and do a job for a few games. Our squad is poor but our first 11 is excellent 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, peach0000 said:

He can only do so much from the touch line, he wasn't on the pitch. We lost that game because of Kasper and Soyuncu not Rodgers. Two mistakes and a red card is beyond a managers control.

Nah!

We lost the game because of the formation BR set them up with, the personnel BR put out there and most of all because of the plan and tactics that BR setup. He then changed a match leading performance (admittedly not a good one but better than the opposition) at halftime and put the players in the shit. After the team let the lead slip - and whilst we still could have turned it around - he then pulled off an attacker who had been playing better than most and further hindered the team's ability to win or draw.

I think BR should take the major share of the blame for the loss to Bournemouth.

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He's right, we aren't. But I'd like him to be a bit more positive about our situation... 

Living in the past honestly, if we're looking at which clubs should be where we would be below the likes of arsenal, aston villa etc. The reality is we're competing with a Man united team that has had to start absolute shite like lingard and pereira for half the season and has had rashford and pogba out for long spells, a chelsea team that is massively overrated tbh they have good depth but apart from their wingers our starting 11 is leagues ahead of theirs and wolves and sheffield who also have worse players than ours. Doesnt matter how big the trophy cabinets of the teams around us are we should have been qualified for CL weeks ago if we were half competent.

13 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Living in the past honestly, if we're looking at which clubs should be where we would be below the likes of arsenal, aston villa etc. The reality is we're competing with a Man united team that has had to start absolute shite like lingard and pereira for half the season and has had rashford and pogba out for long spells, a chelsea team that is massively overrated tbh they have good depth but apart from their wingers our starting 11 is leagues ahead of theirs and wolves and sheffield who also have worse players than ours. Doesnt matter how big the trophy cabinets of the teams around us are we should have been qualified for CL weeks ago if we were half competent.

I think it’s more about the financial power and the big so called 6 have higher revenue and bigger sponsorship deals and in turn can spend more money on wages and transfers than Leicester can.

17 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Thats this forums problem... Underrating others,when we Havent yet proved anything....

Nor as any other Club in the History of the PL....Its the entitled expectations that is totally wrong,nothing about shouting opinions....

We have to do it on the Field and be shown in table position....opinions are Not points...

Competence in football has no room,no platform....Until 38 games and the History of the present has been played through....!!

Rogers putting us down at the start of the season really annoyed me, he'd constantly play down our chances against the bigger sides, start the game defensively then we'd get more joy when we went on the attack. 

Now he's at it again because we've messed it up. I don't think this does us any favours and think it's more about protecting his reputation when we fail. We need to be emphasising how we're growing and how we will be a force to be reckoned with, not saying how small we are compared to clubs around us. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Thats this forums problem... Underrating others,when we Havent yet proved anything....

Nor as any other Club in the History of the PL....Its the entitled expectations that is totally wrong,nothing about shouting opinions....

We have to do it on the Field and be shown in table position....opinions are Not points...

Competence in football has no room,no platform....Until 38 games and the History of the present has been played through....!!

Theyve conceded 50 goals, at least our back four and goalkeeper have been solid for most of the season. Maybe you can argue the midfield is similar but for me maddison > mount, tielemans = kovacic/barkley (debateable but for me tielemans is struggling due to the system and not his ability as a player) and ndidi > kante (current form)/jorginho. Vardy is indisputably better than giroud/abraham. I understand that these other teams have a bigger budget than us but our transfer policy is better which rodgers has had very little hand in. This underdog spiel doesnt work when he's been saying it's in our hands for the entire second half of the season, he's only saying it now to try and cover over the fact he's ****ed up.

• Like 1