Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

Well admittedly, I had my doubts about Rodgers and his management but today I saw a committed team that knew what was on the line; they produced the goods. If we can grab those 4 points from these last two, it would be a remarkable season. Today has given me confidence; the team still want to play for Rodgers and that is what is important, even if we don’t achieve CL, and just produce good football for these last two games, that would be great going into next season 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

I will reserve judgement until the last game. Today's performance has to be built on and the coaching staff have to motivate our guys all over again. We are losing players to injury at a rapid rate while our rivals are fielding full strength teams. It's hardly a fair contest but we are the foxes we fear no one and we get on with the job not whine like Jose and the spuds.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

But it didn't did it, we sacked two further managers. No Kante,  no Drinkwater, not possible at that time. 

Even without Kante and DD, whenever we went back to our attacking style of play we started winning again. Just go and watch CS first couple of games in charge. 

The problem has been managers trying to change our style of play.

7 hours ago, NeilLCFC said:

Even without Kante and DD, whenever we went back to our attacking style of play we started winning again. Just go and watch CS first couple of games in charge. 

The problem has been managers trying to change our style of play.

Style of play is a complete myth if you haven't got the right players to execute ie Sousa trying to play Barcelona champagne and oyster football with beer and chips players when he came. Likewise, whilst Vardy and his attributes remained the same,  a combination of not being able to get the ball to him in the same or defences sitting back nullified that style. Also, we'd had a very particular type of defence. Without Kante and Drinkwater,  our paceless defence in Morgan and Huth were having to come out higher up the field at times and were getting found out. Yes, we won the odd games still but we were found out and it was unsustainable long term, to think we could of continued that 'style' without the requisite players is very nieve. If it was that simple everybody would have been doing it, it wasn't anything new, just a style that due to the make up of our team, at a particular  time and at it's best, even though the opposition to some extent knew what we were about,  they struggled to stop it. Likewise, Barcelona and their particular passing style in their pomp, with Buscetts, Zavi, Iniesta and Messi were virtually unstoppable. 

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Style of play is a complete myth if you haven't got the right players to execute ie Sousa trying to play Barcelona champagne and oyster football with beer and chips players when he came. Likewise, whilst Vardy and his attributes remained the same,  a combination of not being able to get the ball to him in the same or defences sitting back nullified that style. Also, we'd had a very particular type of defence. Without Kante and Drinkwater,  our paceless defence in Morgan and Huth were having to come out higher up the field at times and were getting found out. Yes, we won the odd games still but we were found out and it was unsustainable long term, to think we could of continued that 'style' without the requisite players is very nieve. If it was that simple everybody would have been doing it, it wasn't anything new, just a style that due to the make up of our team, at a particular  time and at it's best, even though the opposition to some extent knew what we were about,  they struggled to stop it. Likewise, Barcelona and their particular passing style in their pomp, with Buscetts, Zavi, Iniesta and Messi were virtually unstoppable. 

Your whole point is completely invalid due to the fact that we won more games when we reverted back to the style that won us the title - go back and watch the games. 

If anything we were trying to move to a new style of play without having the right players. 

Edited by NeilLCFC
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, NeilLCFC said:

Your whole point is completely invalid due to the fact that we won more games when we reverted back to the style that won us the title - go back and watch the games. 

If anything we were trying to move to a new style of play without having the right players. 

I certainly agree with the second part and in fairness, that was part of Puels problem as well, he inherited a bunch of mismatched very samey players. The idea solution would have been to try and replace the originals like for like to keep the same winning style if indeedsuch players were available for sale and wanted to come. We did well with Ndidi but spent a lot of money on players towards the endish of their careers with no sell on potential like Slimani, Silva and to a lesser extent Iborra. We had no real flair or attacking midfielder really or with the range of passing ability of  Drinkwater until Maddison and Tielemans eventually arrived quiteabit later. It becomes subjective I suppose but I think the style had to change to some extent as we were progressively being found out. We needed more flexibility ie still use Vardy some of the time in the same way but have the ability to mix it up a bit when defences sat deep and we just couldn't break them down. We'd become too predictable. It started incredibly well under Rodgers. The same old style pressing from Vardy assisted by newer confident young players which caused havoc and mistakes in the opposition ranks to our benefit. Rodgers then appears to have tried to convert them to a more precise build from the back passing game with at times, round pegs in square holes. How it will end up is anyone's guess.

• Like 1

I've not watched a game since Brighton after lockdown. I can only assume we are getting torn apart on the break by Moura and Son.

Any numpty would see that coming a mile off. 

"Don't change a winning side" they'll say, but horses for courses surely. 

Just now, Beechey said:

What's he supposed to do with the squad we have? Look at our backline lol

Sit a bit deeper and play fast and on the counter. But he's far too arrogant to do that! 

See the games against Man City and Liverpool earlier this season... 

Just now, wardyfox86 said:

I've not watched a game since Brighton after lockdown. I can only assume we are getting torn apart on the break by Moura and Son.

Any numpty would see that coming a mile off. 

"Don't change a winning side" they'll say, but horses for courses surely. 

Ryan Bennett showing both Son and Kane onto their stronger foot has led to 2 goals