Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

433 had clearly become stagnant. it made sense for him to change things, but I do agree switching to a back 3 seemed a bit strange. I’d rather have a flat back 4 and a diamond in the middle with Kel and Vardy up top. Their growing partnership has looked good, and Kel coming into the space between the lines has linked the midfield and attack much better.

A change in formation is definitely needed. Sheff utd are going to be well organised and hard to break down so I do agree 4-4-2 diamond could work. Nacho is another player who's still highly underrated. He actually is very efficient with his use of the ball and can come deep whilst Vardy likes to go long which in theory should be a recipe for mayhem for the opposition. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

And coutinho, prime Sturridge, sterling and gerrard. He really should've won the league in that one good year he had there 

And Mignolet, Sakho and Flanagan, plus Sterling then was hardly the 20 goal a season forward he is now. They also lost out to a Man City team with the likes of Aguero, Kompany, Toure, Nasri and Zabaleta in their prime, as well as pre-breakdown Hart in goal. I know we've all collectively decided Rodgers is a useless tosser and we can't wait for him to leave us alone but that doesn't mean we need to try to spin everything he's ever done negatively

6 minutes ago, Guest said:

And Mignolet, Sakho and Flanagan, plus Sterling then was hardly the 20 goal a season forward he is now. They also lost out to a Man City team with the likes of Aguero, Kompany, Toure, Nasri and Zabaleta in their prime, as well as pre-breakdown Hart in goal. I know we've all collectively decided Rodgers is a useless tosser and we can't wait for him to leave us alone but that doesn't mean we need to try to spin everything he's ever done negatively

Yeah man city had a very good side. The way Suarez played that season was incredible. Just felt like that side should've won at least something.

7 hours ago, Ricey said:

A bit worrying in that article that if we don't get CL we won't have much money for transfers and may have to look in the loan market.

What happened to the Maguire money?

6 hours ago, Beechey said:

Probably eaten up by the pandemic.

I was wondering about the Covid impact. Not so much on the club (all clubs impacted to varying & as yet unpredictable degrees).....more on King Power.

I don't know much about King Power's business, beyond it being Thai-based and focused on travel & duty-free retail.....but those are sectors likely to be particularly hard hit by Covid.

I don't know how much of their turnover comes from travellers within Asia or how that has held up, but income from European tourists will be severely hit.

I know they are very rich businesspeople, but even so, if King Power takes a big financial hit, I'd assume it could mean some belt-tightening at LCFC as a knock-on effect? :dunno:

1 hour ago, Guest said:

It's not like Rodgers bought Sakho and Mignolet for decent money at the time... Making the right transfers is a part of the manager's job as well. Liverpool 13/14 was a classic case of rodger's 'if it's not broke dont fix it' approach where Suarez, coutinho, sturridge, sterling kept on winning him games so he never adressed his side's defensive problems.

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If we fcuks this up, Rodgers will never get a bigger job after this (without a long spell at a club of four to five seasons). There were valid questions about his coaching under pressure before he joined. And it’s happened here again. 

If?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It’s ok to have unwavering belief in yourself but when you’re a football manager you have to back it up with something, Brendan hasn’t yet. In fact, he managed to **** up Liverpool winning the league when they were coasting and we’re on the verge of ****ing up comfortably finishing in the CL positions. It’s like he panics or something which then transmits to the players 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

On 13/07/2020 at 19:13, volpeazzurro said:

In fairness I think Ranieri or whoever had to tinker. With the players we'd sold on, we could no longer play the style we had been effectively. 

Not really true. We went back to that style after Ranieri was fired and it worked very well.

Edited by NeilLCFC

1 hour ago, Katy said:

It’s ok to have unwavering belief in yourself but when you’re a football manager you have to back it up with something, Brendan hasn’t yet. In fact, he managed to **** up Liverpool winning the league when they were coasting and we’re on the verge of ****ing up comfortably finishing in the CL positions. It’s like he panics or something which then transmits to the players 🤷🏻‍♀️

‘Tis true. He went to Scotland to more or less get rid of that possibility and then believed Celtic were successful because of his input and thought it would now carryover into proper football again. 
He just doesn’t have what it takes mentally to get players over the line once pressure sets in. 
The next stage in Chapter Brendan will be another ego stroke and confidence booster, he’ll ditch the trophy girlfriend for another soon and she’ll be even younger than this one. 
Watch this space! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

‘Tis true. He went to Scotland to more or less get rid of that possibility and then believed Celtic were successful because of his input and thought it would now carryover into proper football again. 
He just doesn’t have what it takes mentally to get players over the line once pressure sets in. 
The next stage in Chapter Brendan will be another ego stroke and confidence booster, he’ll ditch the trophy girlfriend for another soon and she’ll be even younger than this one. 
Watch this space! 

you're not keen on him are you

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The great Bobby Robson begat Mourinho who begat AVB and Rodgers and left us with this modern idea that management skills are transferable between baked bean factories and football teams. It ain't that easy I'm afraid but if you must do that have a seasoned pro as your deputy. Rodgers should ditch Davies and give the job to Wes.

Lol, you're still at it?

23 hours ago, Ricey said:

A bit worrying in that article that if we don't get CL we won't have much money for transfers and may have to look in the loan market.

What happened to the Maguire money?

Wages and Tielemans fee? we have have a very high wage to to turnover ratio.

Think he redeemed himself somewhat today. Good starting line up given the options and set the team out well against a tough side. 

Bought Gray on at the right time and that paid off. 

Taken the pressure off himself and the players by winning today. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Can't fault him today. I was concerned when I saw the lineup but he got everything bang on today and didn't overdo it. Maybe he's learned :fc:

I'm sure he checks you're every comment:scarf: