Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

People may say that that first goal was unlucky. It's unlucky the first time it happens but deflected goals from one of our players sticking his leg out has happened multiple times this season already. It's a coaching issue and it should have been identified a while back. Our defenders should not be turning their back when a shot comes in and sticking out limbs, you need to either comit fully or let it pass. 

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

Not being funny but no other PL striker scores those two goals of Kane's.

That’s the reason we don’t set up like this, we have 3 very slow cbs playing a high line , anybody can see we have set up wrong.

You don’t give Kane nothing, the blame is purely with the manager and if he sets up 4-4-2 second half then that says it all, he knows he’s got it wrong

The usual suspects will bleat on about where we are in the league and how we are punching above our weight, blah di blah, but the reality is we’ve been generally fookin awful this year. What a turnaround.., from sublime to basically turd in the same season 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The usual suspects will bleat on about where we are in the league and how we are punching above our weight, blah di blah, but the reality is we’ve been generally fookin awful this year. What a turnaround.., from sublime to basically turd in the same season 

Lockdown didn’t do us any favours Col and we have a slim squad ...   if we had had this type of injury problem a few years ago we wouldn’t have won the league ..

Edited by Countryfox

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Spot on Col. You can't polish a Rodgers turd and he's well out of glitter to sprinkle on it.

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Lockdown didn’t do us any favours Col and we have a slim squad ...   if we had had this type of injury problem a few years ago we wouldn’t have won the league ..

Woah woah woah.

Although I liked Col’s post. We’ve been shit since the turn of the year (And if I’m honest I had certain problems with our style even when things were going well). You can’t blame lockdown on that.

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Play a back 4 with a midfielder protecting. Evans and Morgan plenty good enough. Bennett should be nowhere near the side.

Today was crying out for the much maligned Wilf/mendy combo. 

We know the limitations of that but given our defence had to be considered surely.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Woah woah woah.

Although I liked Col’s post. We’ve been shit since the turn of the year (And if I’m honest I had certain problems with our style even when things were going well). You can’t blame lockdown on that.

I’m not blaming lockdown but something happened ...   if the virus hadn’t hit I’d guess we would have done a lot better ...   we fared bad and others ..   particularly manure ...  seemed like a different team.    It’s merely an observation ...  it just didn’t help us.

15 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

And our form before that?

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

I’m not blaming lockdown but something happened ...   if the virus hadn’t hit I’d guess we would have done a lot better ...   we fared bad and others ..   particularly manure ...  seemed like a different team.    It’s merely an observation ...  it just didn’t help us.

Something did happen, our form went to shit before Christmas. We picked up where we left off I’m afraid.

If this was just post lockdown I wouldn’t be that worried, but it’s not.

An amazing first half of the season is the saving grace of the season. You can take that away from him, but we look found out and one dimensional.

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

National emergencies have never been good for us have they!

Foot and Mouth in the 60s and now this. 

Though we could have done with 00/01 been cancelled....

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Something did happen, our form went to shit before Christmas. We picked up where we left off I’m afraid.

If this was just post lockdown I wouldn’t be that worried, but it’s not.

An amazing first half of the season is the saving grace of the season. You can take that away from him, but we look found out and one dimensional.

Fair enough ..  we may have carried on as before ...  but others, several in fact, seemed to improve massively ...   so ..   lockdown didn’t do us any favours.   Games then came thick  and fast and teams with small squads were always going to be at a disadvantage due to increased injuries ..  lockdown again.

26 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Not brilliant ...   but not as bad as this.

You're off on this one. I don't think it's worth agueing the difference in PPG terms going back to mid December barely better than a point a game. Feel free to draw the line wherever you want.

24 points from 21 games after the 8th win in a row to mid December. (Includes ManC, Liverpool loss, Norwich draw)

23 points from 18 at the proper midpoint.

14 points from 13 since February 1.

The lone March game being the win against Villa.

9 from 8 since the lockdown.

Edited by NewEnglandFox

Whether you think he should go or not, this season needs proper analysing and working out what the hell happened as its not an acceptable standard. The finishing position masks what can only be described as a monumental drop in form. People need to be accountable 

• Like 1

The way he sets up our defence against the bigger teams is pathetic, comfortably beaten by Man City, Liverpool and Spurs, at least Claude Puel managed to pull out good results against those teams.

His tactics against the big teams leaves us far too open, yet he never seems to change it.

His subs today were yet again bizarre, fvck knows how Harvey Barnes stayed on so long.