Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

Love how so many people seem unable to think that some decisions are based on advice from other members of the management teamlol

They are of course correct:

• Brendan makes all tactical, medical and transfer decisions without any input
  • Boris makes all political, health and fiscal decisions without any input
  • Starmer makes all political, health and fiscal decisions without any input
  • Trump makes all political, health and fiscal decisions without any input. :ph34r:

30 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Also some of those injuries were because Rodgers brought the players back too early. Ndidi, Vardy and Maddison all returned too quickly and broke down again. Chilwell and Ricardo played through injuries which could have made things worse.

Why do you think that he's had too do that? I'd suggest because our squad isn't good enough!

Edited by coolhandfox

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Some balance here and I don't mean "you'd have taken 5th at the start of the season". 

His hands were tied into picking that team yesterday. What options did we have? Ricardo, Maddison, Chilwell and Soyuncu are four vitally important players. Add to that his second choice wing-backs in Fuchs and Albrighton were also out and we were left with a cart-horse back three and two extremely inexperienced wing-backs. He took a gamble and it didn't work, but drawing to Spurs wasn't much better than losing as we'd still need to beat United on the last day to get 4th. I thought we played ok and Mourinho did a job on us, but he had Kane, Moura and Son running at Bennett, Morgan and Evans. It was probably naive, but we didn't really have much choice. Outrageous finishing from Kane too. We blew it against the smaller sides, not yesterday.

I can't believe there's this many that want him gone, but he does have to be held accountable for our slump before these injuries. Yes we're on course for our second best Premier League finish, but that kind of attitude doesn't help anyone. Rodgers was rewarded for the great start with a ****ing massive contract. You can't tell me that if his salary is raised, expectations aren't too? We were 14 points clear of 5th. We didn't need to maintain the same form to make the top 4, just get mid-table level results. Instead, we've absolutely nosedived and every single win since December has been a false dawn. 

To sack him now would be mad, but you cannot ignore the colossal slump that we've been on by simply suggesting that we're doing better than we normally do.

Don’t want him gone, but I’m worried by how long he’s had without showing any kind of resilience or recovery. 

In answer to the bold, why has Kelechi been frozen out? He has been, with Kasper and Wilf, the only player to maintain standards post lockdown, yet even in Maddison’s absence he isn’t playing. Rodgers has made some very odd choices and I worry how it will impact our summer recruitment/retention

3 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I suspect the board did it because they panicked that he might go to Arsenal, who were sniffing around at the time.

To my mind, him wanting to go there was improbable. They'd got a lot of problems that he simply didn't have here and better, more understanding owners. Money to spend was hardly huge as they need quite a number of players arguably more than us. We were in an excellent position for European football, they weren't and, as a stepping stone for a really big club at that time we were the better all round option. 

But ... had he really wanted to leave after such a small period of time we would have been much better off without such a manager imo. I don't think Vichai would have given him any more until the end of the season to see where we stood. Unfortunately, I think Top's lack of experience possibly let him down a little but for all the right reasons.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Basing opinion on a back 5 of Justin, Morgan, Evans, Bennet and Thomas, should Rodgers be considered under pressure?

Ok, so the opinion is based upon form since December, since December we've been trying to re-discover form without key players. 

Our depth allows us to have 1 excellent system, see league position after 19 games. 

Take key components out of that system, see league position after 37 games.

Rodgers has a strong argument against anybody wanting him sacked, he's not had his squad available.

...this forum is plastered with that theory!!!

The so called injuries have not been the reason for our poor stretch of 18 games, they were in the team when we were not performing and if they were all available now I would have the same feeling of the inevitability of losing the game on Sunday.

I do not know how much longer these topics will keep spouting our injuries has held us back, it wasn't absence of the players, just poor management by Rodgers.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Only LCFC fans could want to have one a manager with a 50% win ratio sacked, 2nd highest win ratio in our history for a manager with over 10 games, the only other Manager to match a 50% is Pearson in his first stint, but 46 of those games were in League 1.

Even in our title winning season Ranieri had a a win ration of 58%, before slipping down to 44% of his 81 game tenure. 

So let just sack statistical the best PL manager we have had!

Anyone wanting him sacked now need their head to get checked. However these stats only tell one side of the story.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Anyone wanting him sacked now need their head to get checked. However these stats only tell one side of the story.

Well, they tell you we've won half our games with him as manager. And that despite the loss of form since New Year.

At the risk of repeating myself, it's only worth considering sacking him if there is a viable/better alternative out there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well, they tell you we've won half our games with him as manager. And that despite the loss of form since New Year.

At the risk of repeating myself, it's only worth considering sacking him if there is a viable/better alternative out there.

And I still maintain that there's a lack of perspective in this flattering stat. If the bad performances were sprayed throughout his tenure, I wouldn't be worried in the slightest.

It's one thing to be "good but inconsistent", it's another to have an epic nosedive for half of a season, injuries notwithstanding. In the former you can see progress and potential, in the latter stalling and a rapid deterioration of the performances. The longer the dip in form the harder it is to recover from it.

At the risk of repeating myself, I'm not calling for his head.

Edited by That_Dude

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18595065.james-morgan-leicester-form-shows-brendan-rodgers-still-held-back-stubborn-streak/

Great article by James Morgan in the Herald today, on Rodger's inadequacies and lack of technical nous.  It was a widespread view in Scotland (and not just amongst Celtic fans) that he had weaknesses which could be (and were) exploited by opposition Managers.  Talking to journalists here, it was a view widely accepted in Liverpool as well. Obviously, now most other PL Managers know it (not just Jose, Eddie Howe and Frank Lampard, who have exploited it recently) - he has been found out!

I'm not calling for him to go (just yet!), but as fans we have to be aware that this is a big Achilles heel. 

Edited by Outfox the Fox

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

And I still maintain that there's a lack of perspective in this flattering stat. If the bad performances were sprayed throughout his tenure, I wouldn't be worried in the slightest.

It's one thing to be "good but inconsistent", it's another to have an epic nosedive for half of a season, injuries notwithstanding. In the former you can see progress and potential, in the latter stalling and a rapid deterioration of the performances. The longer the dip in form the harder it is to recover from it.

At the risk of repeating myself, I'm not calling for his head.

I think its been fine margins, unfortunately whether people like it or not we are still super reliant on Vardy, if you look at our record since new year we haven't scored enough goals. 

The little niggling injury that he had and the pressure of scoring he 100th goal, just ruined his form, when your main goal threat scores 2 goals in 12 you are going to struggle. Unfortunately by the time Vardy has found form we have lost 75% of defence to injury.  

I also don't Ndidi hasn't been himself since injury and has struggled for form. 

People will harp on about how one injury should'n't make a different or one player should make a difference, but I'd say have a look at Bruno Fernandes and the difference his made to Man Utd

I just think there are plenty of games we could have win easily if we could taken out chances. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18595065.james-morgan-leicester-form-shows-brendan-rodgers-still-held-back-stubborn-streak/

Great article by James Morgan in the Herald today, on Rodger's inadequacies and lack of technical nous.  It was a widespread view in Scotland (and not just amongst Celtic fans) that he had weaknesses which could be (and were) exploited by opposition Managers.  Talking to journalists here, it was a view widely accepted in Liverpool as well. Obviously, now most other PL Managers know it (not just Jose, Eddie Howe and Frank Lampard, who have exploited it recently) - he has been found out!

I'm not calling for him to go (just yet!), but as fans we have to be aware that this is a big Achilles heel. 

Not sure any of those displayed a tactical master class in out recent defeats, please explain

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think its been fine margins, unfortunately whether people like it or not we are still super reliant on Vardy, if you look at our record since new year we haven't scored enough goals. 

The little niggling injury that he had and the pressure of scoring he 100th goal, just ruined his form, when your main goal threat scores 2 goals in 12 you are going to struggle. Unfortunately by the time Vardy has found form we have lost 75% of defence to injury.  

People will harp on about how one injury should'n't make a different or one player should make a difference, but I'd say have a look at Bruno Fernandes and the difference his made to Man Utd

I just think there are plenty of games we could have win easily if we could taken out chances. 

We are not playing massively different, a bit less accurate, a bit less intensity and not as clinical. Results make it black and white to a lot of our fan base. A win and we were great, a defeat and we were awful. Look at Sundays game, some good play, swings on the first goal when they get a huge slice of luck.

We're not a million miles off a very good team, but missing a lot of key players and having a lot of young players and lacking confidence and luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

And yes people seem to have forgotten how ordinary Man U were before the arrival of Bruno Fernandes. Getting him in was either a move of genius or a stroke of luck and and like to see how they'd go without him for a few games.  Preferably starting with us.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure any of those displayed a tactical master class in out recent defeats, please explain

Either a bad Plan A - against Spurs, playing a back 3 (with the incredibly slow Bennett), against an obviously very mobile midfield and forward line.  Or no Plan B - against Chelsea, when Lampard make his half time changes - and Bournemouth, first when he substituted Praet for Nacho (to gain, "defensive stability", when we had them 'on toast') and then when we 'lost the plot' (with the Pen and sending off). He clearly couldn't cope with the tactical demands of each game.

21 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Don’t want him gone, but I’m worried by how long he’s had without showing any kind of resilience or recovery. 

In answer to the bold, why has Kelechi been frozen out? He has been, with Kasper and Wilf, the only player to maintain standards post lockdown, yet even in Maddison’s absence he isn’t playing. Rodgers has made some very odd choices and I worry how it will impact our summer recruitment/retention

I completely agree and that's the sensible state of mind. 

The treatment of Kelechi is bewildering. He's been one of our best players since the turn of the year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Hard to speak about fine margin when you blow a 14 points lead and almost in relegation form for 6 months. I won't deny that injuries have played a significant role and losing Ricky P put a big dent in our attacking potence. Teams became also wary and just sit back watching us play ball.

Some people point at the Norwich game as start of the rot, however I think now that the two consecutive smashings at the hands of Man City and Liverpool, having a full squad and trying to beat them at their own game, shattered the team's (and probably the manager's) confidence and broke its back. It was a turning point, it never has been the same since and Rodgers seems unable to adress this problem. It's a team that plays now with fear, most of the time.

He made us very good at disposing of the small fret, which was a lingering problem, but at the same unable to get a good result in any game with high stakes, which was one of our strong points. Some of his tactical decisions and his refusal to adapt his game against better teams cost us as many points as our players not taking their chances.

I hope he'll turn it around, starting with Manchester United.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1

We are Not One of those Top 6!!! ,that can Jump around with managers,Not recognising our managers Don t have those Type of Top 6 squads!! to Play with...

Rodgers First Full season so he needs (like any manager) to learn in the bad Days, his squad weaknesses,

they didnt Really Show until After the First months,we had such a Good start.

His also called out for selections and sub mistakes....Partly because Rodger Doesnt have that Quality has the Top 6 !!! in our squad...

Not One manager,including the greats have not been criticised by their own fans,since the introduction of substitutions,

so any debate in poor or Good subs,is rather mute....

A manager has an idea in his Team selection & what he wants that individual & the Team to do & show...

So The managers thoughts,will Surround his & team-management gameday ideology and theories.

Comparing past clubs....come on now!!!!  Thats Media and fan slop!!! Nothing more.

Impossible to have simularities,because the clubs/squads/players issues und Organisation are totally different.

That Type of critic belong in our Relgion Topic discussions....

This forum in recent times ,in fact our successful period, has shown week in week out, throughout the last 8 seasons,

that posters/Members can neither Pick a Manager ,player , nor tactics....This forum in These terms has been proved worse,quite incompetent in football logic,relevant to our Club, Manager or player....

Oh the occasional flyby Night post might hit on a Good theory Now & then.....but the list of forum posters aptitude of hitting the wrong Button und creating a far longer list of Error calls,than this Club ,managers,players have ever produced.....Add to that is the pure cock-eyed cynicism and Lack of forethought when taking that critical view.

Some Fans believe their ambitions and their outside critic are simply just black & white.....

They debate its down to their own learnt simple Coaching methods, everybody seems to claims,

its obvious &  that everybody sees itlike they do, then start out on a season campaign,looking for like minded

so they can prove their pundits prowess.

Funny thing is They use outside sources, when it agrees with their idea & thoughts,then debunk

the exact same Source has an incompetent troup of nobodies,when they are not on their own same tact....

Celtic variables being a Good example.

Questioning Rodgers.....!!  Always the same group...Always the same pathically unknowledable basis of the intern Workings und struggles of a Club trying & aspiring to break into those covetted high League positions.....

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

..you can say that about any team!!!

The fact that Vardys' goals dried up was clear to see The reason why,  was he had no support and was repeatedly isolated due to the opposition formation which was set up to to this very thing.

A plan B would have been welcomed, there are options to play Vardy a bit deeper allowing players to go ahead of him, the use of Kelechi  playing with Perez up front with Barnes in the number Ten role.

Just showing the opposition something different would have alleviated the predictably of our game plan.

2 hours ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Either a bad Plan A - against Spurs, playing a back 3 (with the incredibly slow Bennett), against an obviously very mobile midfield and forward line.  Or no Plan B - against Chelsea, when Lampard make his half time changes - and Bournemouth, first when he substituted Praet for Nacho (to gain, "defensive stability", when we had them 'on toast') and then when we 'lost the plot' (with the Pen and sending off). He clearly couldn't cope with the tactical demands of each game.

A) He played the only senior fit defenders we had and two kids with 11 PL apps between them, other then dropping Bennett for a Mendy or Hamza not sure there is a lot he could do!

B) Chelsea Frank has the luxury of bringing on Pedro (World Cup, Champion League winner), Azpilicueta (Double PL winner) Kovačić, Loftus-Cheek, Barkley (100 international caps between them), we bring on Gray, Albrighton and Hamza

C) Bournemouth, whilst not the most attacking move it was working fine until mistakes from Kasper for the 1st and 2nd goal and then the Red mist for Soyuncu. 

• Like 2

A lot of the same points being made in defence of Rodgers now are the exact same ones as was made in defence of Puel. The same applies for the criticisms as well and we all know what happened eventually. 

I’ve been flip flapping lately with the thought of BR being sacked. I don’t want him sacked but at the same time I cannot see how he is going to improve the situation. He had a 4 month break in the middle of the season to suss it out and arrest the slump and the team came back even worse. As people have mentioned if the downturns in form were spread across the season you could write it off as inexperience and inconsistency but the downturn has been consistent and consistently getting worse across a sustained period of time. Barely any manager or team recovers from these sorts of prolonged downturns and from the decisions BR has been making lately... it doesn’t look like he is going to recover either. The teams reaction in any sort of pressure situation proves this. 

I hope i’m wrong as always and we go out and smash the Transfer Window and come back next season and set the League and Europe alight.