Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

When all said and done , fifth isn’t bad, so whilst I’m not a huge fan of ego from NI, the club have done okay. 
That said, he won’t get away with being hopeless at times next year!

As someone has said elsewhere, we cannot forget the second half of the season, it can’t be glossed over! 

Edited by Ceirboy

Just now, shailen said:

Really. He had some nice touches today, there was one where he backheeled it through someone's legs and turned them inside out. His finishing was poor today. 

He just seems really clumsy to me. Not the worst player we have by any means but I feel like if we're looking to level up he ain't it. 

10 minutes ago, sdb said:

His subs seem to routinely weaken us. 

Do the back room staff prep us for the game before Brendan's ego kicks in on 57 mins?

This is it, I’m stood in my local with loads of Leicester fans saying the same thing make the changes early in the 2nd half because we need win the game, and he takes the striker off .

Eveybody is saying the same thing what’s he thinking,  you can see what he needs to do, but he ain’t got a clue.

• Like 2

Just now, foxfanazer said:

He just seems really clumsy to me. Not the worst player we have by any means but I feel like if we're looking to level up he ain't it. 

I think it's just the way we runs, almost looks like he's gonna trip over himself but I think there are other areas we need to improve on urgently first. 

Start of the season expectations - done a good job

Change of expectations since Jan - failure... 

Will be Interesting to see what happens in summer but a bad start next season and he’ll be under pressure - really is as simple as that 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Totally agree and the key point there is if we're looking to go up a level - because Nacho, Evans, Albrighton (with respect), Perez, Hamza are not good enough for that level.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't think today was the problem. As you say individual errors and little bits of bad luck. Still don't feel like we threw the kitchen sink at them at any point. 

I just don't feel like he's the right fit for us. All fine and dandy when we're winning but he's had ages to address this slump and he simply hasn't managed it. He'll keep his job because of the money it'll cost to get rid and the fact it's a short turnaround for next season. I'd be delighted if he takes a look at himself in the coming weeks and changes things but I have serious doubts about that. He does seem to have a fair bit of backing from the fans that buy into the 'we'd have taken 5th at the start of the season' argument so I don't see any immediate pressure on him

His hubris is one of his biggest flaws.

Look, I agree in general with what you say, I've lost a lot of confidence in him, I wanted him sacked after Bournemouth then calmed down lol, but the way he has failed to turn it round is extremely worrying, particularly going into next season. He needs a good transfer window.

• Like 1

I have been at times very critical of Rodgers this season and probably in this thread, particularly in the big games - but I think he did a good job today. Tactically spot on - we just need a bit more quality.

The unfortunate thing is that it's now a bit of a catch-22 - we needed CL to attract top players, so this window will definitely be harder work. 

I am however not optimistic at all about the transfer window as I have yet to see any evidence from Rodgers that he knows what he's doing in that area. Let's hope he proves us wrong... 

• Like 1

He’s got a huge summer ahead which will define his next couple of manager posts after Leicester and he’s made it even harder for himself by how he’s managed the second half of this season costing him the champions league revenue.

Either he doesn’t realise where the issues have come from, he overestimates his ability to coach to improve and we walk into next season without having addressed key areas that need strengthening (such as the wide areas).

Or in actual fact the bluster about “great group of lads, hungry to learn, character” is just talk and he actually goes out and buys experience with a winning mentality and is ruthless in moving the likes of Perez, Choudhury and Albrighton to the fringes.

If he doesn’t get this summer right then I can see him gone midway through next season and his reputation with a big question mark next to it.

8 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Thought the Iheanacho sub was bizarre myself.

I’m scratching my head at alot of what Rodgers has done lately but not this, get whatever we can for him and Gray, so frustrating never known anything like it

• Like 1

Just now, HankMarvin said:

no since they got beat by Man City and Liverpool the wheels feel off

Norwich last there next 9 after the Leicester win

2 CDM's against Brighton sums it up.  

That fook fest and changes against Bournshite fooked us.

Before that he did shit aswell

Guest ttfn

We spend an entire season saying “we need a plan B” and why don’t we show more urgency and get the ball forward quicker?

Rodgers has his principles and steadfastly refused to change even when it was obvious in about mid-February we’d been found out. Then after an entire season of stubbornly backing his philosophy we just spend the last 20 minutes lobbing balls forward towards our short strikers?

Makes absolutely no sense. Either you’re a zealot and stick it out to the end or you’re pragmatic and you change it up 10 (even 3 or 5 games ago). The last 20 minutes of watching us throw the ball forward for Atkinson to blow for free kicks for minor offences was just about as painful viewing as it gets

1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

Getting an average squad to 5th in league 

hats off to him 

Lets be honest, in an average league.

However i've been critical of our style of play, our tactics, generally I thought they were ok today, I just hope it can be properly assess in the few weeks they now have off.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Still think he's the man for the job but he honestly irritates me more than Puel did

This. so much this.

He irritates the hell out of me for some reason.

However, I think he is defo the man for the job and about as good as we are going to have right now. Overall he has made a positive impact since coming in, despite the problems for the second  half of this season, which (imho) are down to the crushing of confidence over christmas and then a succession of long term injuries to key players. With a squad as thin as ours that was always going to be a hard thing to shake off. 

Although the disappointment of giving up the 14 point lead we had is huge, we need to look at the bigger picture now that its done. 

• Like 2