Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

8 hours ago, honeybradger said:

I can tell you for a fact we've never had a team this stacked in individual quality, 15/16 was a much better team but that was also due to Ranieri's managing. Rodgers would struggle to do much with that group of players and he's showing once again that when the chips are down and the field is leveled out/slightly tilted against him that he cant cope as he cant tactically outthink other high level managers, as he's shown in the CL and with Liverpool without Suarez.

...the main contention is not performance against the top boys!!!

It's being out maneuvered by the little clubs.

Even with their obvious lack of talent, they  have.managed to find a way to negate us.

The biggest gripe I have with Rodgers is I don't think he seems to learn from his errors. These aren't new problems to him. They were there at Liverpool & Celtic.

We will lose comfortably at Tottenham again next season. I could totally envisage pretty much a repeat game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I have decided to back him for taking us into next season. but you are sugar coating what has happened, its very hard to ignore a 20+ game run of terrible form which includes some glaring managerial decisions.  He needs to get a good start next season, as our history of sacking in autumn is there to see.

I’m not sugar coating it, I’m looking at the whole season and also what my expectations of the team was at the start of the season. Really aren’t sure what the glaring managerial decisions are though? I can remember plenty of individual errors by the players though.

There's something about BR trying to be over ambitious at times. I remember when he was at Liverpool and he thought he could win the title on goal difference after they lost to Chelsea so went for the kill vs Palace and ended up drawing that game. The Chelsea game as well is infamous for the Gerrard slip but they were overly ambitious when they could have been a little more cautious and maybe his slip wouldn't have cost them a goal. 

Similarly this season, a few games that stand out Spurs away, Liverpool home and Man City away, he tried to outplay them when the reality was that the team that played was nowhere near the same quality as the opposition. I think it's a little naive that we are trying to fight toe to toe with everyone because whilst we are a really good side, a top manager would know the sides limitations and not let that get exposed. 

I think BR needs a tactical coach to help him set up against some of the bigger clubs in the division so that we can compete against them again. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shailen said:

There's something about BR trying to be over ambitious at times. I remember when he was at Liverpool and he thought he could win the title on goal difference after they lost to Chelsea so went for the kill vs Palace and ended up drawing that game. The Chelsea game as well is infamous for the Gerrard slip but they were overly ambitious when they could have been a little more cautious and maybe his slip wouldn't have cost them a goal. 

Similarly this season, a few games that stand out Spurs away, Liverpool home and Man City away, he tried to outplay them when the reality was that the team that played was nowhere near the same quality as the opposition. I think it's a little naive that we are trying to fight toe to toe with everyone because whilst we are a really good side, a top manager would know the sides limitations and not let that get exposed. 

I think BR needs a tactical coach to help him set up against some of the bigger clubs in the division so that we can compete against them again. 

Not to mention Champions League V PSG! 

• Like 1

What a bottle job, Utd  was there for the taking.

I had my doubts beforehand, but today proved he ain’t good enough to take us forward.

Crying out for Barnes and Gray for that 2nd half and what’s he do take our striker off .

Good coach he maybe , but he can’t change games, Martin O’Neill would have through the kitchen sink at them second half.

We just look pedestrian, Utd have looked jaded for the last 2 games , and we didn’t press him, really poor management, totally gutted 

• Like 2

Can't wait to hear the usual shite he'll come out with. About how we've still had a good season and we showed good character today and all that rubbish. 

This was one big chance to get in the top four and I can't see it happening again. What has annoyed me is the lack of bottle when it has mattered. Every single big game we have had, we've lost. 

Gutted tbh about whole thing

1 minute ago, peterborofox said:

I'd like to know what the issue is he has with Kelechi.

Arguably our best player when he was subbed. He does this to him a lot or doesn't bring him on at the right time or at all.

I though Iheanacho was poor tbh. Touch of baby elephant and doesn't get his head up. Not good enough

• Like 2

Missing 3 of our best players today, he's got a lot wrong but not sure what else he could have done today, daft errors cost us the United game and it's not his fault we can't score goals.

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach

He is going to be with us a long time I reckon , we need stability in the management dept. while we make the changes on the field.

Just now, Tuna said:

Missing 3 of our best players today, he's got a lot wrong but not sure what else he could have done today, daft errors cost us the United game and it's not his fault we can't score goals.

I don't think today was the problem. As you say individual errors and little bits of bad luck. Still don't feel like we threw the kitchen sink at them at any point. 

I just don't feel like he's the right fit for us. All fine and dandy when we're winning but he's had ages to address this slump and he simply hasn't managed it. He'll keep his job because of the money it'll cost to get rid and the fact it's a short turnaround for next season. I'd be delighted if he takes a look at himself in the coming weeks and changes things but I have serious doubts about that. He does seem to have a fair bit of backing from the fans that buy into the 'we'd have taken 5th at the start of the season' argument so I don't see any immediate pressure on him

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I though Iheanacho was poor tbh. Touch of baby elephant and doesn't get his head up. Not good enough

Really. He had some nice touches today, there was one where he backheeled it through someone's legs and turned them inside out. His finishing was poor today. 

• Like 4