Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

You wouldn’t continue with anything in life because ‘it was good last year’.

The second half of the season has proved (not for the first time in his career) than when everything isn’t rosey and injuries, decisions etc go against us - he hasn’t got a clue how to turn it around. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heymister2015 said:

To the dumb fans calling for him! Look at the squad/and the options beyond the starting 11! Come on people! Be positive. If in a years time we’re winning the Europa league! Would people take that ? 

Easily good enough to beat Norwich, Watford, Bournemouth, Brighton etc

As for your second point, why wouldn't people take that? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

To the dumb fans calling for him! Look at the squad/and the options beyond the starting 11! Come on people! Be positive. If in a years time we’re winning the Europa league! Would people take that ? 

If you think that's easy then good luck to you. 

I know January is a dodgy market to work in but people talk as if he had no opportunity at all to change things or bring anyone in at all.

Also, we can go back to the summer window if we like and ask why we didnt do more?

Ultimately a major factor of why we've finished 5th is because we decided to defend a 1-0 lead against Bournemouth and were far too negative in many games since December playing a style that is counter productive, putting ourselves under pressure and leading to mistakes, he has to be held accountable for that.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

This. so much this.

He irritates the hell out of me for some reason.

However, I think he is defo the man for the job and about as good as we are going to have right now. Overall he has made a positive impact since coming in, despite the problems for the second  half of this season, which (imho) are down to the crushing of confidence over christmas and then a succession of long term injuries to key players. With a squad as thin as ours that was always going to be a hard thing to shake off. 

Although the disappointment of giving up the 14 point lead we had is huge, we need to look at the bigger picture now that its done. 

I think its because, he fails to change games

the ones we have won it seems like we flat track bully the opposition.

the games we lose, seems to be the ones we are behind from the start 

Edited by HankMarvin

5 minutes ago, ttfn said:

We spend an entire season saying “we need a plan B” and why don’t we show more urgency and get the ball forward quicker?

I couldn't agree more. At least 4 or 5 times a match we break up the opponents attack and we get the ball out of defence quickly, but we let them get behind the ball and re-organise before we even think of attacking. ****ing annoying. That has to stop for me. We need to find ways of breaking quickly like we used to. Mixing it up throughout the game. We are far too predictable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I know January is a dodgy market to work in but people talk as if he had no opportunity at all to change things or bring anyone in at all.

Also, we can go back to the summer window if we like and ask why we didnt do more?

Ultimately we've finished 5th because we decided to defend a 1-0 lead against Bournemouth, he has to be held accountable for that.

Because the club has a budget and sticks to it.

Trending on Twitter.

Seriously what is it with his teams and bottling it?

He didn't last long at Liverpool after their collapse.  Will he get more time here?

Think we all know the answer if our 2020 form continues.

We need to get rid of the dead wood can’t wait for Ricardo to come back bring in a few new players hopefully Jovic will arrive it’s just frustrating how we went from scoring for fun to couldn’t hit a barn door at 3 paces !

We need to see who he brings in and tries to rebuild us closed season yes it’s only 6 weeks but we should have been Lining up new players weeks ago tho join us will be disappointed as fuch if we bring in a couple of what we have already or to that fact nothing at all, I’m sure Top will give him this window to rebuild give him til January if we’re low in the table then I’m sure Top will wield the Axe ?

Be a shame he came here with so much promise and some great performances but what happened after Christmas did he lose some of the players as some recon or has he just not got the players to play his way?

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He's sold the 'little old Leicester punching above their weight' line and people are buying into it. He'd make a decent second hand car salesman

Some of the quotes from him in the papers today were Dychesque in this regard 

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

I think its because, he fails to change games

the ones we have won it seems like we flat track bully the opposition.

the games we lose, seems to be the ones we are behind from the start 

i think if you look at things from when he came in he has actually been quite good at impacting games with subs. This has dropped off since christmas and part of the issue is the quality on the bench. Although I think there are some pretty significant contributing factors for the drop in form, we have still lost a lot of points, far to many points, to poor teams. He could and should have done better in those games

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Because the club has a budget and sticks to it.

Fair enough.

And whilst i've noted its a difficult market to work in, January? Surely given where we were purse strings could have been pulled and we could have done better than Gordon Bennett? I see where this is going the blame is being pushed elsewhere, spread across personnel, either way I questions should and must be asked.

Ultimately we've finished where we are because of how we've played and our form but let's not get away from the fact people are talking as if we had no chance of strengthening at any point.

The team today looked like it was over-coached and not confident it could do the job asked of it.

If we'd played a little more freely, we might still have conceded two but might've scored 3 or 4.

this was classic rodgers tactics, and we did what we needed to do in the frst 45, but the second half was baffling,  we needed to go for it, and didn't.