Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

Can Brendan do anything about Hamza's failed Cruyff turn? 

Can Brendan do anything about Kasper's failed Cruyff turn? 

No he can't. 

Can we get a better manager? 

No we can't. 

If you don't like it...don't go to the ground and don't come on here. 

He's done well this season....we broke the top 6!!!! Today we were happy that Albrighton was back.....can we take a moment to remember it's 2020!???  

Edited by Eskay
Spelling
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This. His comments about United needing CL football and them being a bigger club annoyed me too, it's so bloody negative all the time.

Every big game we bottle, Celtic fans said the same about European games.

EDIT: Should in no way be sacked though for Gods sake, give him the summer and let him sign 4 or 5 players. We go again next season, hopefully he learns from his mistakes.

We didn't bottle it today. Just not good enough, especially with four serious players missing. Look to Watford, Norwich bla bla bla for the real reason we didn't make it. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

Thats fair. I just wish he wouldn't chop and change so much especially before a game.

We probably need 2 wingers and a striker but it's pretty unlikely we will sign 3 attackers in one window. 

Me neither, but put yourself in his situation... the team is dropping off a cliff and key players are injured or in horrendous form. Easy to see why he made lots of changes, even though it made things worse.

3 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Yup, I'm not even too distraught about losing champs league but Rodgers seemed like he was ready to accept it before kick-off. Like he had no backbone. 

I'd accepted Europa League a long time ago, so wasn't too bothered about the result today. What I am bothered about are his comments, it's just like meh, if we win good, if not it doesn't matter. It's not the attitude of winners and we'll never ever win anything or get top 4 with that attitude.

Come next season, with more games and being in Europe, will he be saying well 8th is ok because we've had European games etc.?

Just now, l444ry said:

We didn't bottle it today. Just not good enough, especially with four serious players missing. Look to Watford, Norwich bla bla bla for the real reason we didn't make it. 

Not talking about today to be fair, just all the big/high pressure games we've played in the last few months. When the pressure is on us, we've rarely won.

6 minutes ago, frany104 said:

He was spot on??? We needed to win and we played 2 cdms. He also took our striker off who was having a good game. At no point today when we were losing did we “have a go”.  Not sure what you have seen today to think he’s “spot on”.

I thought Nacho looked great. Why did he get binned again? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Exactly we’re trying to play the Man City way with much worse players! Imagine with a few more Ricardo/tieliemans signings across the team. Keep positive and and let’s aim to turn a negative into a positive by going for the Europa league 

Problem being he didn’t sign Ricardo or Tielemens. They were puel signings. He signed Bennett and Perez. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kingfox said:

It’s all about mentality mate, these players were mentality weak under Puel, now they’re mentality weak under Rodgers. It all stems though from mentally weak management.

What he just said after the game today, we don’t have the resources to compete with teams like United, it’s an overly negative way to look at things, that’s probably why his record in big games is so poor.

He lacks belief in this team, saying top six was the aim is all well and good, yet the fact of the matter is, he has contributed into a reckless downfall that has seen us bottle a 14 point lead and Champions League football.

I agree with all of this to be fair but is he wrong in this statement? It's not an incorrect thing to say...

13 minutes ago, Corky said:

I didn't at the start, I did throughout the season.

Why is it so strange to think a team with a huge cushion should be able to hold on to it? Do we have to stick rigidly to the view we had from the beginning?

Would agree if we Had no injurys 

Some of these posts are comical. 

bloke took us to a last game of the season top 4 play off with guaranteed 5th place. Baring in mind that puel Shakespeare and ranieri were just as bad for getting us 9th-12th. 

slating him that Iheanacho Keeps getting subbed, who a few months ago was useless according to most and are looking to cash in to Newcastle. 

The pandemic disrupted the season for a few clubs including us. Worked in favour for others like Man Utd Southampton and Chelsea. 

We all actually do get a European tour this year 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I agree with all of this to be fair but is he wrong in this statement? It's not an incorrect thing to say...

It might not be incorrect. But it's the second time he's said it in a fortnight. And I'm not sure that's what people needed to be hearing.

9 minutes ago, dayday said:

I wish people wouldn’t harp on about being happy being 5th.

The truth is we have blown a great chance by losing to teams like Norwich, Bournemouth, Southampton and Burnley

Dropped 4 points in games Brighton and Watford.

They was our bread and butter games and we picked up a measly 2 out of 18 points 

Would you rather harp on about being in the championship chasing play offs or maybe finishing 9th in the prem? Or do you believe we have a squad to challenge the big 6 squads? 

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's the mark of a manager that knows his team is struggling and is desperately trying anything and everything to stop the slide. To be fair at times the 3412 did pick us up points to give us a chance to recover, but we quickly fell off the pace again. I think Rodgers suffered in the same way the players did, he lost confidence and started changing it over and over.

He'll certainly be under pressure at the start of next season though and it could easily be another Liverpool situation where it all goes wrong. But I think we need some perspective here, even if we got into the Champions League, were we going to win it? In the last 3 seasons we've finished 12th, 9th and 9th. This season we finished 5th - that's a big jump.

It's tempting to be knee-jerk and listen I am as upset as anyone else, but this is a long-term project we are talking about and in the first half of the season we played great stuff, with average players. Get Brendan 2-3 players working with the recruitment team and give him a chance, he's more than deserved it IMO. Let's compare the front lines of the top 5 shall we:

Liverpool: Salah / Mane / Firminho. Shaqiri and Origi as options.

Man City: Sterling, Aguero, Mahrez. Jesus from the bench.

Chelsea: Abraham / Giroud, Willian, Pulisic. Pedro, Hudson-Odoi from the bench.

Man U: Martial, Rashford, Greenwood. Igalho off the bench.

Leicester: Vardy, Barnes, Perez. Gray and Albrighton off the bench.

One of these teams is not like the others...

Looking at our front 3, vardy aside I think we have players who really need to prove themselves next season. We all know we need a new winger but look at what we have,

Barnes - a good breakthrough season but finishing has been suspect on numerous occasions. No longer a rookie, needs to up his game another level next year imo to really start meeting his potential. 

Perez - not a bad player but really not set the world alight and proved his price tag. Seems to be one of those where nobody knows his best position. 

Gray - turning into a supersub but can't turn it on when he starts. What's gonna change next year, is it time to move on?

Kevin - not the most talented and his skills don't really match Brendan's style of play. However, he is a proper pro and always gives 100%. Is he happy to be back up and is that enough anymore?

The RW signing is crucial, not just because we need more quality in this area but we need someone to come in and push these players into new heights

• Like 1

Just now, mod hero said:

When I see Dennis Praet about to come on, I know it’s not gonna get better.

Such a shame. He’s had flashes of quality but overall a lot of his hustle and bustle doesn’t yield any output. That Brentford assist was filthy but he’s been asked to be defensive in this team and you can see he’s struggled with it.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Tbh i've stopped listening to his interviews for these reasons. I stopped/never listened to Puel and it's the same with Rodgers, I just see bits and bobs of what they both had to say on here.

Puel made zero sense, Rodgers makes sense but in a overly negative tone.

I like managers who just say it as it is, @MattFox made a great point earlier, he just glosses over things, which shows he lacks cojones.

He has history of being a bottler, he has history of lacking a plan B and he has history of doing shit against bigger teams.

He didn’t pick Liverpool up after they bottled the league under him, will history repeat itself here? Fingers crossed it doesn’t but if it does, it will be bye bye Brendan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mod hero said:

When I see Dennis Praet about to come on, I know it’s not gonna get better.

Haha I thought that when we had a staring eleven with Morgan and albrighton and hamza in it, imagine thinking we are a top 4 team with these players haha deluded 

5 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I thought Nacho looked great. Why did he get binned again? 

I thought he was pretty poor to be honest. What I didn't understand was that Youri was totally out of it for 20 mins in the second half, and I said to my viewing companion that Choudhury's legs seemed to have gone at 55. Rodgers said it was all about getting about to the second half drink break, and perhaps his determination to see this through led to him not being as proactive as he should have been.

That said, I thought the subs were also awful, which perhaps adds weight to those saying our 'squad' options aren't the best. Specifically, my patience with Perez has totally run out. He's a flair player for a club that wants to finish 15th, but an horrendously poor luxury player for a top half side. He either learns how to work hard or we shrug, accept he was another dire signing on BR's part, and move on without him.

• Like 1

Just now, Cecchini1976 said:

Would you rather harp on about being in the championship chasing play offs or maybe finishing 9th in the prem? Or do you believe we have a squad to challenge the big 6 squads? 

I really don’t understand your post

We was miles clear, top 4 was a certainty and we blew it.

Had we not had the 14 point collapse we’d be buzzing now let’s not lie. It is majorly disheartening to see what’s happened, but I wouldn’t be so bothered if the media weren’t such cvnts about it. Martin Tyler sucking himself off every time Pogba plays a pass no better than Praet. That is what has annoyed me, and the shit head who lives over the road laughing, when I’ve probably been to old Trafford more than he has..... but anyway bitterness aside we just have to kick on, it is what it is we can’t change it now and we may as well go into it like we mean it. Looking at the teams qualified with a few additions there’s no reason we can’t do well, or even go for it? Going into next season in a negative frame of mind will probably breed negative results. Dust ourselves down, and go again. 

Just now, dayday said:

I really don’t understand your post

We was miles clear, top 4 was a certainty and we blew it.

But Pereira and Maddison got injured so you can't possibly expect us to beat the likes of Watford and Bournemouth with our threadbare squad

7 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Some of these posts are comical. 

bloke took us to a last game of the season top 4 play off with guaranteed 5th place. Baring in mind that puel Shakespeare and ranieri were just as bad for getting us 9th-12th. 

slating him that Iheanacho Keeps getting subbed, who a few months ago was useless according to most and are looking to cash in to Newcastle. 

The pandemic disrupted the season for a few clubs including us. Worked in favour for others like Man Utd Southampton and Chelsea. 

We all actually do get a European tour this year 

Entitled fans since we won the league - not that long ago we were in 3rd division !