Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Luke55

Ayoze Perez

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I would say, average players...!!!  Perez 2nd season, now through this season no excuses, Nacho Now Time to prove our patience was worth it.

Both have to go up a notch, & Show they can influence & be game changers...

Normally I defend all things foxes, & will find the convenient compromises.. Though their Price tags might not be their fault, the club liked the Boxes they ticked...

We cant afford to have these 2 slipping into the Musa & Slimani catagories of wasted space, poor Scouting mis-hits...and this Vardy/Slimani Mrs complex,cant

just cant be the reason we are allowing Slimani's career und high Contract to drift...That would leave me with desperate degenerate thoughts on our best player of all time,and the immatue, unprofessional Workings of "my club"

Even when I am one of the most chilled ...I agree & sympathise whole-heartedly with your 3 transfer windows statement...

Too many easily blaming Rodgers tactics, No .!! this also  now up to players to grasp their own & Teams moment..

We simply cant afford  2 wet flannels in our pivotel  secondary partner striking roles...!

Ayrez & Nacho Jobs is to find the net..more than Maddison,Tielemans,  Praet, or Mendy,probably even more than Barnes...!

The club's job, is not to find Another Vardy, just 1-2  forwards who can keep us competing for those covetted high PL- positions.

They are not having much success since our title winning season....Managers/Coaches are not responsible for the Player investments..

We cant Live on our 2 year successful Scouting & Investment Process for ever....!!!

Now I am going back into my happy-clapper-cave & wont be having any more silly unconstructive negatives, over my beloved foxes..

This was just a one-off..:blush:

:beer::frantics::schlupp::frusty:

• 2 weeks later...

One of the weirdest signings weve made in the PL, was useless at newcastle for half of 18/19 then had a good run of form towards the end of the year playing off rondon making him their top scorer. I cant see how our scouts didnt factor how bad he was in the first half of that season before newcastle's system change as that half of the season was more relevant to how we play which is without perez hugging a target man. At least slimani had a quality season with sporting beforehand, at least ghezzal was a left footed rw to try and replace mahrez, i just cant see how our scouts thought Perez would fit into this side.

3 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Well. Our best attacker tonight IMO. Great feat, great game intelligence. If only Barnes could replicate that. 
Really don’t get what some of you expect?

He actually played well tonight. He was rubbish against West Ham. Needs to find consistency, and some goals, quickly 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i really dont know why we brought him at times tbh

maybe its a forward planning thing incase he lost maddison but hell feels like 30mil down the pan atm,

if Under gets up to speed and hes decent form wise, hes got to be in the team instead of Perez,

Edited by FrankieADZ

He is exactly what Okazaki would've been had we played him on the wing. He started quite well yesterday but was then bullied out of it, same with Iheanacho. 

Perez is a striker, and needs to be in a two. His best season for Newcastle was with Rondon (maybe worth trying him with Slimani?) He needs to be in and around the box getting the sort of scrappy goals Shinji got. 

Was never what we needed. That money should've gone on a traditional winger. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

His stats were decent last season, considering he’s a second striker playing out wide

3 goals against Southampton was pure stat padding, take those away and the numbers look much weaker.

He's another one that I want to like but he's not cutting it at the moment for me.

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

3 goals against Southampton was pure stat padding, take those away and the numbers look much weaker.

He's another one that I want to like but he's not cutting it at the moment for me.

Maybe should just get a chance as a CF, but of course second fiddle to Vards - definitely not a starter for me