Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Luke55

Ayoze Perez

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Just so clear the difference between Perez on the ball and Praet on the ball today. One is smooth and precise, the other unpredictable and careless.

I knew no Praet or Maddison would be a big problem today. Was totally predictable what would happen when you saw the lineups.

I really am disappointed in Perez. I thought he'd be better than he is.

For me Perez has to be one of our worst ever value for money signings perhaps alongside Mills, Beckford, Akinbyi. (I'm sure there are lots more). I really think he offers so very little. He's weak on the ball and so easy to move aside. He's too slow to play wide and doesn't seem to have any of the natural striker's instinct of JV or even dare I say Iheanacho. I'd sooner see Gray on the team sheet. Unfortunately, there's no way we will ever recoup our outlay on him and look like having to take yet another hit.....which brings up two more names to add to my initial poor value for money signings - SAS - Slim and Silva.

• Like 1

He’s not had many good games for us but this was by far his worst, I actually thought before the game he might see the signing of Under and try and fight for his place but no. His first touch is non existent, never wins a duel and I’d be surprised if his pass accuracy was above 50% today. May as well have played with 10 men.

• Like 1

His best performances for us have come in the 10 position; however when he starts to look shit even in that position, then we have a problem.

I’ve never known a Leicester player to get subbed around 60 minutes as often as Perez does, that just goes to show that he offers very little in almost every game he plays.

He’s had some rubbish performances for us, today though was by far his worst in a Leicester shirt.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

So you’re encouraging the onslaught from our fans by speculating over situations that didn’t happen? 

Perez, if anything, is the one player who links things up with one touch play in the final third. Like I said originally, he didn’t play well today, but that is his biggest strength you’re trying to highlight as a weakness lol 

By treading on the ball?

His passing is poor (direction and weight - although you hardly ever see just bad how the latter is because of the former), he's not quick, tbh it's hard to form an opinion on his shooting, but the icing on the cake is his absolute bedshitting in a 50/50. He plays like someone making tentative steps coming back from an horrendous injury. For me it completely undermines claims that at least he's a plucky tryer.

I’ve always defended Perez as, technically at least, he’s a good player. I’ve always thought that if we get him influencing the games in the right areas he might have something.

It days like this, however, that don’t give me much ammunition to defend him with. He can’t be a passenger in games or there is absolutely no point him being in the squad. Too often he shows flashes, but too often he doesn’t follow through with any meaningful contribution. 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

What makes him a 'cvnt' for that?

In my view unless you’re a top top player who’s won many things in the game, to post something like that when the rest of the world is struggling in the height of a global pandemic makes him a cvnt.

Just now, KFS said:

In my view unless you’re a top top player who’s won many things in the game, to post something like that when the rest of the world is struggling in the height of a global pandemic makes him a cvnt.

lollol okay.

You barely notice he is playing to passive for what we need. Technically he is ok but probably needs to play off a big target man as he did at Newcastle. Not going to make it here if he doesn’t improve drastically.