Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Luke55

Ayoze Perez

12 hours ago, honeybradger said:

One of the weirdest signings weve made in the PL, was useless at newcastle for half of 18/19 then had a good run of form towards the end of the year playing off rondon making him their top scorer. I cant see how our scouts didnt factor how bad he was in the first half of that season before newcastle's system change as that half of the season was more relevant to how we play which is without perez hugging a target man. At least slimani had a quality season with sporting beforehand, at least ghezzal was a left footed rw to try and replace mahrez, i just cant see how our scouts thought Perez would fit into this side.

Wasn't Perez a player that allegedly Rodgers specifically wanted as opposed to our usual scouting channels? Hence possibly his continued selection in the forlorn hope that he might come good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Goals and assists from our 30 million pound attacker. Is that too much to ask?

Of course not. But he's regularly slaughtered on here for not being a Mo Salah type wide forward, which he's not. I'll stick with my view that he was, unusually perhaps, our best forward last night.

7 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Of course not. But he's regularly slaughtered on here for not being a Mo Salah type wide forward, which he's not. I'll stick with my view that he was, unusually perhaps, our best forward last night.

I think he gets questioned as it's not clear what he offers, because let's face it it's not goals or assists at the moment.

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

With Vardy Injured, I think we should give him a go down the middle. I think he’d operate in a two better tbh. maybe 

Ünder/Albrighton RHS

Slimani/Iheancho No.9 & Perez in behind

Barnes/Gray LHS

What has he shown to make you think he deserves that chance. He’s been appalling. He’s been consistently our weakest link yet he gets defended on here after every game. He isn’t going to come good, he’s just not very good. £30 mill down the pan.

18 minutes ago, frany104 said:

What has he shown to make you think he deserves that chance. He’s been appalling. He’s been consistently our weakest link yet he gets defended on here after every game. He isn’t going to come good, he’s just not very good. £30 mill down the pan.

Anyone and everyone knew when we bought him he was a £12m routine, non descript, unremarkable lower half PL player. And that we'd spunked £30m on him. 

18 months in and still his finest moment for us was scoring in the last minute for us at St James, albeit he was playing for the oppo

7 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

With Vardy injured, I think we should give him a go in the dressing room. I think he’d operate better with a brush in one hand and a mop in the other tbh or maybe not.

He'd probably fall over the bucket and give the brush away. When he has got the brush however, he's got a nice touch and is best coming from behind apparently. 

54 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Just seen this be interesting to see what some people think to it 

E37FD42E-6282-4FC0-8EE8-3FB727E6C18B.png

Don't know about the stats or 2nd best played, but he was clearly better than Tielemans, Barnes or Iheanacho.

He's not had the best start to a season, but last night was certainly a weird night to scapegoat him on, because there were much worse performances from our other attacking/creative players.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Just seen this be interesting to see what some people think to it 

E37FD42E-6282-4FC0-8EE8-3FB727E6C18B.png

Apart from an ok cross into slimani i cant remember any other chances he created, in terms of the other stats he's always been good defensively for us that's not the problem, the problem is that this is the 4th game running this season where he's had no obvious threat going forwards aside from a few unthreatening shots and 2 forgettable chances created. The other underperformers in this game such as barnes, tielemans and praet have all had good starts to the season to fall back on, perez does not (iheanacho is also being talked about negatively despite this being his first start this season). The criticism he's getting is based on him being ineffective from the right wing because he cant cut inside, he cant cross, he cant carry the ball up the wing, all of which is expected of a winger, not necessarily because he played bad but because he is very limited in that position, it's not his fault so it may seem harsh but it's just how it is.

Edited by honeybradger

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Good post

Perez is clearly this season’s scapegoat.

Again, people think Perez was bad yesterday... look at Barnes or Praet, both did the arse end of fook all.

How about this....

Perez, Barnes & Praet were all shite. 

Perez you can give credit as he tried to do something with the ball, regardless of how poorly that went.

Barnes looks like he thinks hes the dogs bollocks at the moment (which I like) but it didnt come off for him

Praet was a passenger and isn't a number 10. 

On 19/10/2020 at 05:20, Steve Earle said:

If he was our best forward on Sunday, that wouldn’t be saying much anyway, but the sad thing is that he clearly wasn’t. 

On 19/10/2020 at 05:30, FoxinNotts said:

With Vardy Injured, I think we should give him a go down the middle. I think he’d operate in a two better tbh. maybe 

Ünder/Albrighton RHS

Slimani/Iheancho No.9 & Perez in behind

Barnes/Gray LHS

Actually, what I had hoped for is that Perez would be played down the middle as the central striker while Iheanacho would be slightly behind him in the support striker role. Iheanacho regularly drops deep to pick up balls and does more than a decent job in linking play. Playing Iheanacho as a lone striker is frankly a waste.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Same as Barnes has been crap most the season. It’s neither Perez or Barnes fault just both are expected to do too much with little support from others. 

Fair enough. Anyone who is crap should be called out regardless.

But this season, Barnes has shown FAR MORE than Perez (vs WBA, Burnley and Man City).

• Like 3