Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Luke55

Ayoze Perez

We dont play perez's position, his best work at newcastle and for us was playing at second striker off of a target man, ive said it before but him and vardy dont fit on the pitch together, perez playing alongside iheanacho is decent but it's not worth tearing up our whole team just to accomodate him. As ive always said he's not a cam, he's not a rw, he's a SS which we dont play. 

He's just not at the level we need. He always seems to be stumbling on the ball or passing the ball to another players heels. When Kel came on the biggest thing I noticed was his touch and control. This guy I'm sure is a nice bloke and works hard etc etc.....but he isn't pulling up any trees. 

• Like 1

My biggest bugbear with Perez is his weight of pass! Our play is usually fast, slick, drilled passes but his just seem to take an eternity to get there, if they make it at all! 

No pace, pushed off the ball easily and just generally so wasteful - I think his opportunities are limited to even make the match day squad once were back to full strength.

4 hours ago, honeybradger said:

We dont play perez's position, his best work at newcastle and for us was playing at second striker off of a target man, ive said it before but him and vardy dont fit on the pitch together, perez playing alongside iheanacho is decent but it's not worth tearing up our whole team just to accomodate him. As ive always said he's not a cam, he's not a rw, he's a SS which we dont play. 

Lest we forget, he only had one half decent season at Newcastle, his last one, where he scored 12 goals. In the preceding three seasons he scored 7, 6 and 8, hardly prolific. He has not improved. He had two purple patches against at the time, two very poor teams last season where he scored 5 goals which was a huge chunk of his final tally of 8. The rest of the time, where it has to be said, compared to Iheanacho, Gray and Albrighton, he had the lion's share of appearances, he contributed very little. If he hadn't have been Rodgers one expensive signing I doubt we'd have seen as much of him. We can’t afford to keep flogging a dead horse by grasping at straws and merely claiming that he's better when played down the middle than wide. The truth is, he's not good there either, he's merely less bad. He is a failure and now surplus to requirements, a modern day Silva or Musa if you like. Can we think of any other Premiership team currently that would bust a gut to sign him because he'd likely improve them?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Lest we forget, he only had one half decent season at Newcastle, his last one, where he scored 12 goals. In the preceding three seasons he scored 7, 6 and 8, hardly prolific. He has not improved. He had two purple patches against at the time, two very poor teams last season where he scored 5 goals which was a huge chunk of his final tally of 8. The rest of the time, where it has to be said, compared to Iheanacho, Gray and Albrighton, he had the lion's share of appearances, he contributed very little. If he hadn't have been Rodgers one expensive signing I doubt we'd have seen as much of him. We can’t afford to keep flogging a dead horse by grasping at straws and merely claiming that he's better when played down the middle than wide. The truth is, he's not good there either, he's merely less bad. He is a failure and now surplus to requirements, a modern day Silva or Musa if you like. Can we think of any other Premiership team currently that would bust a gut to sign him because he'd likely improve them?

The thing that gets me is that before we bought him no fan of any club was talking about him as wanting him for their club. He wasn't really setting the Premiership alight so why did we buy him, can't remember any Leicester fan desperately wanting him, so why did we buy him? 30m for a player who couldn't even get in the Spanish national team, seems like we were his big euromillion payday!

• Like 2

I do feel like this goes in circles. He just hasn't been good enough. He was one of the weaker links last season and this year it's even more striking. You can't make the excuse that he's new to the league, he's been in it for years (which kind of blows this 'Prem proven' theory out the window). It's not even the goals tally that's the problem, it's just the complete lack of all-round game that I've found most disappointing. No real pace, no real trickery to beat a man, not strong, not got great vision, frequently makes errors. Can somebody more knowledgeable than me list to me what they think his strengths are? I see very few redeeming factors. That stat above is embarrassing. He's got to be better than that.

I've tried to like Perez, I thought we overpaid at the time but I was prepared to see him given a go despite reservations about where he fits as he did have a reasonable goalscoring record in a very uncreative side. He just hasn't been good enough one bit for me. He's the obvious weak link now and by the time of our next game Under will have been a Leicester player for a month. I think his days starting for us are really numbered and he can't have any complaints.

• Like 3

Just not good enough unfortunately. Had some good moments for us but many more...not even poor just forgettable performances. He just doesn’t really do anything, he’s lightweight, he coughs up the ball to often, he doesn’t set anyone up to score, he doesn’t really score, he very rarely wins a tackle or anything in the air, he’s not quick. His time should be about up but tbh we’ll probably just do the Dimi Gray thing again and go round in circles with him until his contact runs out. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

That video just about encapsulates everything that's wrong in the world / football / social media.

It's repulsive, in bad taste, vulgar, tasteless, shallow, vacuous, and rightly invites criticism when, at best, you're an average Premier League player, and at worst (like today) look like you're having a day off being average because you can't be arsed.

cringe on the whole too. Zoom ins of a beats speaker (is that product placement? Comes off as something a year 7 in media studies would do) alongside a song with awful lyrics. Up your game on the pitch as opposed to social media and you may have some real clips people will enjoy (goals, celebrations etc). 

I think on the whole Perez is a passable player and okay for depth but never looks on the same level as the likes of Vardy, Praet, Madison, Iheanacho even. 

• Like 1

I think it's time Iheanacho started ahead of him now. With one lovely pass he created more than Perez in the entire game.

Removing the striker responsibilities, Nacho is still more of a creative influence anyway as evidenced in Barnes goal, that pass and his very tidy link up play in general.

In the right team and playing the right style, I think he'd be fine. I've defended him a lot as I think he's got some talent and can offer something. I'm just not sure it's a fit for us now, the management know it as well and that's why we've signed Under. How can you play possession football when you know if it's passed to him with his back to the oppo' it's most likely going to get caught under his feet, and he'll just get brushed off the ball. 

As for the video, don't care... crass yes, but I'm past being that bothered with what footballers do as they aren't on the same planet. We've got more than one player like that, as do most clubs. 

D-vXTceWwAAZ4DH.jpg-large.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stadt said:

Every time he has a bad game (most of them) you have people on here saying he’s not in the right position. How many more positions does have to play before most admit it was just a mistake signing him 

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I do feel like this goes in circles. He just hasn't been good enough. He was one of the weaker links last season and this year it's even more striking. You can't make the excuse that he's new to the league, he's been in it for years (which kind of blows this 'Prem proven' theory out the window). It's not even the goals tally that's the problem, it's just the complete lack of all-round game that I've found most disappointing. No real pace, no real trickery to beat a man, not strong, not got great vision, frequently makes errors. Can somebody more knowledgeable than me list to me what they think his strengths are? I see very few redeeming factors. That stat above is embarrassing. He's got to be better than that.

I've tried to like Perez, I thought we overpaid at the time but I was prepared to see him given a go despite reservations about where he fits as he did have a reasonable goalscoring record in a very uncreative side. He just hasn't been good enough one bit for me. He's the obvious weak link now and by the time of our next game Under will have been a Leicester player for a month. I think his days starting for us are really numbered and he can't have any complaints.

I agree with both of these statements. He's been given long runs in the side and in multiple positions. If anything he's regressed rather than improved, whereas other players like Mendy and Praet have taken their chances when given a run in the team. 

For me he's a squad player that will still be useful for Europa and some league games, but other players should be way ahead of him in the pecking order. Longer term I could even see him being loaned out to another club if other in the squad outperform him. 

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

In the right team and playing the right style, I think he'd be fine. I've defended him a lot as I think he's got some talent and can offer something. I'm just not sure it's a fit for us now, the management know it as well and that's why we've signed Under. How can you play possession football when you know if it's passed to him with his back to the oppo' it's most likely going to get caught under his feet, and he'll just get brushed off the ball. 

As for the video, don't care... crass yes, but I'm past being that bothered with what footballers do as they aren't on the same planet. We've got more than one player like that, as do most clubs. 

D-vXTceWwAAZ4DH.jpg-large.jpeg

Babble on (sorry Babylon- typo) for PM!

Get it done......

👍

Always suspected that Chilwell's departure would lead to the spotlight falling on Perez as the weakest link (surprised that it hadn't fallen on him before tbh). Have to say that he is underwhelming, especially for the money we paid. We certainly wouldn't get that money back now but let's be honest he's still a decent squad option, as his overall stats showed last season. If he's now judged to be our worst regular starter, it shows how much we've increased the quality of our squad.

Edited by Sunbury Fox