Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Black

Newcastle in for Iheanacho

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..not sure why anyone should think that Nacho is the man for the main strikers' position!!!

He plays off the main striker, he says his real position is at 10 so why are we asking him to play in a position that does not suit him?

I remember that being reported, ie he prefers playing at 10. Yet we've almost never seen him play there. Blame the journalist(s), he's a striker, pure and simple. Maybe a second striker, but a striker.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

I thought Nacho was good for us this season. Match winning performance against Everton and superb vs Villa away (playing off the right wing) were the highlights.

I think Brendan liked to take him off for tactical reasons and due to his fitness, but I think we should have used him more. We could have rested Vards a bit more as he looked exhausted at times after the re-start; he surely can’t go on playing with the same intensity into his mid thirties - esp with the Europa League.

The decision to take Kel off at Bournemouth ultimately cost us the Champions League spot. I thought he was playing well that day; he made the goal for Vardy and posed a constant threat.

I’d be really gutted if we sell him I feel like we’ve been a far better side when he plays recently. The transfer market is a complete lottery and we’ve spent fortunes on strikers that haven’t worked out. We definitely need him and I am hopeful he can notch a decent goal tally next season.

What a load of utter nonsense.

The 37 other games not have anything to do with it? 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I’d be disappointed if he did leave us. Deserves at least another season. Has definitely improved especially after the re-start. Gives me even less confidence in Rodgers if he’s willing to listen to offers for him. 

you have to consider what Nacho himself might be thinking...and also those in charge..

he will be entering the final year of his contract and He might have made it clear that he won’t be willing To sign a new one and wants regular first team football... this summer we might get 15-20 million for him and next summer we’d get nothing... for someone who isn’t a regular, that’s money the chairman can’t turn down...

In other words forget what the papers say, it might not be Rodgers’s decision..

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MPH said:

you have to consider what Nacho himself might be thinking...and also those in charge..

he will be entering the final year of his contract and He might have made it clear that he won’t be willing To sign a new one and wants regular first team football... this summer we might get 15-20 million for him and next summer we’d get nothing... for someone who isn’t a regular, that’s money the chairman can’t turn down...

In other words forget what the papers say, it might not be Rodgers’s decision..

I didn’t realise he was into his final year of his contract. If there is interest in him from premiership sides they must see something in him. I suppose it is a difficult one. No doubt if he left he’d be brilliant somewhere else. 

I can see why Nacho would want to go to be the main man somewhere.  He’s unlucky that Vardy seems to be able to maintain his level even as he gets older

Lots of games next season so he’ll play 20+ games easy with us,

Extend his contract 

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

What a load of utter nonsense.

The 37 other games not have anything to do with it? 

I take the point, but I felt if BR didn’t take Kel off we’d have won that game (probably very comfortably). It was a strange call and it went badly wrong, but I guess we’ll never know.  

I’m just calling it how I see it and no one can tell me that making a defensive substitution at that point was a good call, because it went horribly wrong and I don’t think we recovered.

I stand by my original post.

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

so they can see it posed on here

whilst sitting at home lonely with no friends in a dark room whilst furiously tugging at their limp micro penis

I've got new LED lights actually. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I take the point, but I felt if BR didn’t take Kel off we’d have won that game (probably very comfortably). It was a strange call and it went badly wrong, but I guess we’ll never know.  

I’m just calling it how I see it and no one can tell me that making a defensive substitution at that point was a good call, because it went horribly wrong and I don’t think we recovered.

I stand by my original post.

I’m not disagreeing with the wrong substitute point. I’m just saying it’s totally ridiculous to say we lost champions league because of the Bournemouth game. You don’t ruin a league campaign in one game. 

*Unless it’s the playoffs or a cup of some sort etc obviously. 

19 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I’m not disagreeing with the wrong substitute point. I’m just saying it’s totally ridiculous to say we lost champions league because of the Bournemouth game. You don’t ruin a league campaign in one game. 

*Unless it’s the playoffs or a cup of some sort etc obviously. 

We lost a game we were dominating and should have won by 3 or 4. I think if we won that game we would have gone on to get Top 4. We suffered an embarrassing defeat and it drained our last bit of confidence.

It’s all ifs buts and maybes, but I thought we lost belief in that 20 mins after half time at Bournemouth. Like I say - it can’t be proved right or wrong, but it’s how I see it. 

When I started following Leicester City Iheanacho was a pariah on this forum. Most of you couldn't wait to get rid. Would have given him away for nothing. The vitriol was off the charts to be honest. Nice to see how much has changed for him in the past 1 1/2 yrs. He's done the hard work that he needed to turn his career around. No matter what happens I wish him well. Its been a pleasure to watch him play.

Edited by SO1

If you get a decent wedge offered for him (20m+) then you've gotta be taking it. Brendan clearly isn't particularly keen and that money could go towards someone that fits in a bit better. 

I defended him when he got all sorts of stick and I don't really think he's improved all that much since then, just regained some confidence. Man Utd first half was one of his better performances but even then he didn't really produce much. You wouldn't be particularly excited about signing him and it just seems one of those that would be best for everyone if he moved in. 

• Like 1

For Kelechi: Get yourself a starting gig somewhere

For Leicester: 12th highest scorer in the league, despite having limited minutes and even those irregular, stick around

But having only 1 year left will be the deciding factor I would imagine. :wave: