Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Black

Newcastle in for Iheanacho

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

What utter drivel maybe at one point but not any more, I know people are down on us at the moment but we are far more appealing than Southampton we have:

1. Wealthier and better owners

2. A much higher wage bill and higher ceeling. 

3. Better players. 

4. European football

5. Far superior training facilities. 

6. A manager with a better reputation. 

7. More ambition as a club. 

8. Higher average attendance. 

9. Have won more trophies both in recent years and in our history. 

We Are basicly a bigger club by any measure you want to use. 

We're really not as big as you think we are. Ings has a team that plays to his strengths at southampton and a top manager in hassenhutl. We might be able to attract players that southampton cant but we're not big enough to attract players from southampton.

• Like 1

On 21/07/2020 at 22:31, honeybradger said:

We're really not as big as you think we are. Ings has a team that plays to his strengths at southampton and a top manager in hassenhutl. We might be able to attract players that southampton cant but we're not big enough to attract players from southampton.

..I believe we can attract players from any team in this league!!!

We picked Nacho up from Man. City, it really depends what the potential acquisition position is in relation to his present starting eleven.

It seems a strange statement to make in light of numerous post suggesting Adam Lallana to come here from Liverpool and yet he has now, apparently, about to sign for Brighton.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..I believe we can attract players from any team in this league!!!

We picked Nacho up from Man. City, it really depends what the potential acquisition position is in relation to his present starting eleven.

It seems a strange statement to make in light of numerous post suggesting Adam Lallana to come here from Liverpool and yet he has now, apparently, about to sign for Brighton.

Theres a difference between signing nacho from man city who guardiola wanted to replace with gabriel jesus and southampton's main man. Also llalana isnt going from liverpool to brighton he's out of contract.

On 21/07/2020 at 22:31, honeybradger said:

No but we can from Newcastle who are a bigger club than Southampton.

Interesting that... 🤔

On 21/07/2020 at 23:31, honeybradger said:

I kinda agree with you. But We attracted Ayoze Perez away from Newcastle, who are supposedly massive. 

Just now, Ashley said:

No but we can from Newcastle who are a bigger club than Southampton.

Interesting that... 🤔

Perez was abused by newcastle fans for not performing for the first half of the year AND Rafa Benitez was leaving at the end of the year. It was well documented that Perez wanted out long before he was linked with us. It's massively different to Ing's situation where he's the main man for a stable side with a quality manager. If hassenhutl was leaving and southampton looked like relegation candidates for next year then sure we might be able to bag ings but theres 0% chance of it happening now.

10 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Theres a difference between signing nacho from man city who guardiola wanted to replace with gabriel jesus and southampton's main man. Also llalana isnt going from liverpool to brighton he's out of contract.

..The implication was that we are not a team who can attract players from this league!!!

Irrespective of Nacho being replaced by Jesus, the outcome was still the same, he came to us. Lallana being out of contract still chose to go to Brighton who have struggled this season against going to a club in the top 6.

As I said before we can attract any player, so long as they see us as the next step.

Arguably our best player in the opening 45, though he fluffed his opportunities horribly.

There's a player there but too often he flatters to deceive and doesn't convince that he's the man for the central striker role after Vardy. If selling him would fund a move for Edouard or Jovic, I'd sell. Perez can fulfil a utility role as a third striker/wide striker/number ten.

It's a tough one. When you break it down - he's only scored 5 league goals and 4 assists in 20 league appearances this year. But then he's only 23.

There's 2 years left on his contract. I think if we sell - we sell now and get good money for him, rather than wait til next year when he might not do a new contract and then he's off for peanuts. He's not QUITE a Slim or Musa buy for me but, considering he was £25 million 3 years ago and he's not developed in the way we'd hope, given where he came from and what was expected of him. 

Personally? Anything above £20 million and I'd take it. 

1 hour ago, scinnell said:

Based on this, no. Same minutes per goals as Vardy. 

Screenshot_20200727-101720_Samsung Internet.jpg

How may of those are in the league?

Only 5 league goals 

2 of the 10, against Burton, Luton, and 1 against Brentford's second string! 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

Has he really only got two years left? I think we should give him a new contract. If we sell him we're absolutely ****ed, who else is gonna score goals? Perez has 8, although they've all come in about 3 games haven't they? Barnes couldn't finish his dinner, has a lot of work to do to improve it. An injury to Vardy next season and we'll be struggling. Give him a two year contract extension, he isn't the best player but he's more than good enough to play as a 2nd striker or back up to Vardy. If we go two up top regularly next season we'll need at least 3 good strikers too, selling him will only hinder us.

• Like 1

Kel has a wand of a left foot. We have to keep him in my opinion. He’s a top second string striker and has shown that he can be fantastic. Some of the one touch turns he does to beat players and free space for himself are beautiful. 

Vardy is a once in a generation kind of striker - are we going to be able to immediately buy a 20+ goal a season striker for a reasonable price to replace him? I don’t think so. But if we can get some goalscoring wingers in and have Kelechi getting us 15 a season, which I think he’s capable of, then I don’t see why he couldn’t be a success here. He’s still relatively young.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Has he really only got two years left? I think we should give him a new contract. If we sell him we're absolutely ****ed, who else is gonna score goals?

That’s why you sell and buy a replacement, like Perez and Iheanacho were supposed to be. £55 million they cost us.🙄 yet it’s been quite clear since the start neither are going to be good enough or impact games like we need them to, Perez is already at his peak and this is the best we’re going to get from him. So either persist with mediocrity or try and improve.

• Like 1

I think I'd reluctantly sell him, he's done enough this season to rouse a bid of what we paid for him from someone like Newcastle or Villa. 

I like him and there's a talent there but I think he may want to move and if we got another year down the line we'd then only fetch around £10m for him. If we could get Jovic for £30-35m then I'd sell.

I like him, but I'd rather have a striker who can challenge Vardy for the starting spot - Kelechi has struggled in that regard.

If he had a right foot he'd be some player though.

Saying that, we'll have a lot more games next season...

1 hour ago, Mark said:

That’s why you sell and buy a replacement, like Perez and Iheanacho were supposed to be. £55 million they cost us.🙄 yet it’s been quite clear since the start neither are going to be good enough or impact games like we need them to, Perez is already at his peak and this is the best we’re going to get from him. So either persist with mediocrity or try and improve.

Easy to say though (regarding Iheanacho), we signed Slimani for 30m and look how he turned out. With Iheanacho we know what we're getting, he's young, he's used to the league and he's goals to minutes ratio is excellent. For the 20-30m we'll get for selling him, I'd rather just keep him.

• Thanks 2