Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Black

Newcastle in for Iheanacho

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

And why hasn't he had a good run in the side, under Shakespeare, Puel or Rodgers?

Granted he's not spent most of his time here pulling up trees but to be fair to him we have a) predominantly played formations with one striker under those managers and b) he's behind Vardy who is, rightly or wrongly, pretty much undroppable

Proven goalscorer, they really don't come cheap. Imho we have done the hard yards with Kel, and he has found his confidence again. With European footy, games are guaranteed, so I'm hoping we will stick with it.

I think him and Vards look quite tidy as a front 2

14 hours ago, Ely fox said:

Sell him. Someone said on here he’s good enough for Man United .... err not sure about that one. Maybe West Ham United coming off the bench. 

Come on ... he’s far better the whu. I’d love to keep him. He’s technically sound, intelligent with his runs and links play well. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Brendan needs to be careful as I think few other strikers of iheanachos ability would be so patient playing second fiddle. I wouldn’t be surprised if he brings Hirst on next game ahead of him!

if this was to happen I wouldn’t blame him for wanting out, his performances this season have been good and deserves to play more. Got a feeling we will sell to fund the purchase of the Celtic striker.

3 minutes ago, tetly said:

if this was to happen I wouldn’t blame him for wanting out, his performances this season have been good and deserves to play more. Got a feeling we will sell to fund the purchase of the Celtic striker.

It’s kramaric all over again, but I think iheanachos ceiling is higher

• Like 1

On 18/07/2020 at 09:46, Sharpe's Fox said:

Kelechi is my favorite player rn so no selling at any price. He is adorable.

He seems like one of those kids that just needs come encouragement and confidence put into them in order to do well for the school team.

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I think Iheanacho has everything it takes for a modern striker to succeed, and if we let him go we will regret it more than Kramaric.

Quite possibly so, yet there'll be as many against this as for it.

My suspicion is that he'll be here next season and he and Perez (and Barnes) will continue to be our striking options, unless there's a loan signing like Jovic.

The money, such as we have, needs spending on the winger, the CB (preferably left-footed) and the AM. We go for a striker in one or two windows' time...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I see no obvious better replacement.  if we could swop him for Danny Ings maybe.

I see no obvious better replacement.  if we could swop him for Danny Ings maybe.

I’d kill to keep him, genuinely think he had all the tools. However if he does go ... Ings is a very good shout. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Ings wouldn't come to us.  That would be a sideways step for him.  

What utter drivel maybe at one point but not any more, I know people are down on us at the moment but we are far more appealing than Southampton we have:

1. Wealthier and better owners

2. A much higher wage bill and higher ceeling. 

3. Better players. 

4. European football

5. Far superior training facilities. 

6. A manager with a better reputation. 

7. More ambition as a club. 

8. Higher average attendance. 

9. Have won more trophies both in recent years and in our history. 

We Are basicly a bigger club by any measure you want to use. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Ings wouldn't come to us.  That would be a sideways step for him.  

21 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

What utter drivel maybe at one point but not any more, I know people are down on us at the moment but we are far more appealing than Southampton we have:

3. Better players. 

4. European football

20 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Sideways from 12th to 5th?, Europe League.  I wouldn't bet on it if the money was right.

Agree with Greb. He’s in the prime of his career, regardless of our league position, we play one striker and it’s Jamie Vardy. He’s not going to come in for back up, much as we’d like him to. 

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

Agree with Greb. He’s in the prime of his career, regardless of our league position, we play one striker and it’s Jamie Vardy. He’s not going to come in for back up, much as we’d like him to. 

Him not coming to play back up to sir Jamie vardy is not the same as he won't come because its a sideways move. 

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

3. Better players. 

4. European football

Hes a boyhood Southampton fan and from the area, plus Southampton are very much on the up atm and hes playing in a side where hes the top dog and utilises him perfectly. Dont think itd be a certainty that he’d wanna come here by a long stretch.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Hes a boyhood Southampton fan and from the area, plus Southampton are very much on the up atm and hes playing in a side where hes the top dog and utilises him perfectly. Dont think itd be a certainty that he’d wanna come here by a long stretch.  

I wasn't arguing he would definitely come here. I agree with all those points.

I was arguing that its not a sideways move we are 100% a better proposition for players. If vardy was retiring this summer and we went all out for Ings (it's hypothetical we won't) then we could get him.