Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Black

Newcastle in for Iheanacho

Iheanacho is the most frustrating player I seen play for City for a long time, capable of a sublime touch or piece of skill one minute, followed by tripping over his own feet like he laces are tied together then next. 

My biggest issue is he lack of mobility, pace, can't ever see him being able to play in a lone striker role, he's always going to have to play in a two to be effective.

Edited by coolhandfox
typo
  • Like 1

The more I see him play, the more I rate him.
He’s quite skilful and gets himself into some good shooting positions, and with more confidence can easily get 15 goals a season.

I was gutted when Rodgers took him off yesterday, as he was causing United problems. 

We'll have so many games next season we should be keeping Kel, giving him lots of pitch time, he's earned it with his progress and contribution this season, and we should be buying a young promising star with a bright future we can develop, spend big on youth. Along with Vardy that would do

People underestimate how important a run of games is. Vardy has been guilty of contributing absolutely nothing for numerous games on the trot, yet gets the game time to bring himself back into form, he's very streaky in that he'll bag 10 in 8 then go 6 without scoring. 

If Brendan was able to say to Kelechi "look, I'm gonna give you 5 games where you're gonna start, let's see you build up a bit of consistency and we'll go from there" I think he'd flourish. He's out of the team before he gets a chance at the mo.

His goals per minute ratio is equal to Vardy, and his contribution to the build up play is arguably better. With more deadly wingers around him I think his goal contributions would be better than Vardy's, just to be controversial. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't make up my mind. 

I think when he broke through on Sunday and had that total scruffed shot from the edge of the box it summed up his time here. 

He did everything right in creating a chance for himself and driving forward but the shot was pathetic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

I can't make up my mind. 

I think when he broke through on Sunday and had that total scruffed shot from the edge of the box it summed up his time here. 

He did everything right in creating a chance for himself and driving forward but the shot was pathetic.

I feel the same. He’s had his best season at Leicester and he’s hardly started. May be worthwhile just to cash in, in case he turns out to be absolute dog turd. 

He has 2 years left on his contract so if he does stay the upcoming season will be his last chance to show us if he is really good enough for the level we want to be at and worthy of a new contract (Doubt we would want to let him stay another season after that and leave on a free)

Edited by moore_94

6 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We might struggle to hang on him.  I mean why would he extend?  He get treated like shit by Brendan.

Just throwing this out there, hes been pretty poor for majority of 2 seasons before this season, Shakespeare, Puel have all used him sparingly for that reason.

Rodgers is the only one who has actually get a tune out of him.

Explain how he has been treated like shit?

Edited by coolhandfox
typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Just throwing this out there, hes been pretty poor for majority of 2 seasons before this season, Shakespeare, Puel have all used him sparingly for that reason.

Rodgers is the only one who has actual get a tune out of him.

I’m guessing it’s referring to him being subbed at ht v Bournemouth. Personally I like Nacho, I think he brings something different to us, and he generally has a good finish on him. At 23 I’d rather he stayed unless we bring someone in who’s better. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Rodgers is the only one who has actual get a tune out of him.

Taking him off when he's been our biggest threat only to then need him later on in the game. Look at the Man U and Arsenal games for example.  

10 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Taking him off when he's been our biggest threat only to then need him later on in the game. Look at the Man U and Arsenal games for example.  

Hardly treating him like shit is it, he generally looks gassed around the 60 minutes mark to me

Tend to agree with whoever said he needs a guaranteed run of games. If not, get him gone and reset, go get someone else like Josh King :dunno:

• Like 1