Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Black

Newcastle in for Iheanacho

4 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

If any prem team wants him he has to be £40m+ in this market surely? Guarantees goals and would surely be a 15 goal striker starting for any other team

Not even close I'd say. One year left on his contract. We'd be luck to to get 20 back I'd say. Very. 

4 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Not even close I'd say. One year left on his contract. We'd be luck to to get 20 back I'd say. Very. 

Forgive me I may be in correct but does he not have an option for another year?

transfermarkt says his contract is till 2022

Edited by lcfc sheff
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Really can’t understand why we would be keen to sell Iheanacho. He’s been one of our best players after lockdown. He is I’m the only player in the squad who can link the midfield and attack. His confidence has grown throughout the season and I’m he is only going to get better. He should be offered a new deal not sold. 

imagine selling Iheanacho and keeping Mendy, Fuchs, Albrighton. Surely those wages could be freed up and spent on another forward?

I understand your point of view and absolutely agree that his contribution this season has vastly improved. In fact I'd go further and suggest he offers far more than Perez and unless there were fitness concerns, how on earth the latter ever got picked over Iheanacho is a mystery to me. 

That having been said, we definitely need an eventual replacement for Vardy and I just don't see Iheanacho improving significantly enough to get anywhere near that. In an ideal world we'd keep him as a second striker with Vardy or as part of a three. However, if its is felt that his value could be realised in order to part fund an eventual replacement for Vardy then I'd bow to the management teams judgement on that. Personally I'd sell Perez first as he's a squad player at best but, firstly we wouldn't get enough money for him and I don't see anyone out there remotely wanting to snap our hand off. It would also look like admitting that they'd made a big error! Unfortunately,  Iheanacho is a far more saleable player and understandably so.

Just now, Hollyfox said:

If we can get a decent wedge, then we should sell. 

Although he's had a much improved season, I don't think he gives us enough and we need to be aiming higher if we want to stay amongst the top clubs. 

We'll need more quality / a decent plan B with Europa league. For what we'll get for him / what we'll pay for another striker, I say keep and extend contract if possible. He has come good this season, especially as a second choice striker. Also, better the devil you know to a certain degree, even if you don't rate him hugely, we do know his style of play by now. 

2 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

If we can get a decent wedge, then we should sell. 

Although he's had a much improved season, I don't think he gives us enough and we need to be aiming higher if we want to stay amongst the top clubs. 

What more can he do? He's got a similar goal and assist per 90 ratio to Vardy this season. He holds the ball up fairly well and links up play well.

I genuinely think you'd struggle to find a player that could match what Iheanacho has done this season in the time he's had for less than what we'd sell Iheanacho for.

• Like 1

Keep Nacho.

Class player - never complained despite not being given a fair crack. Links play, poses a threat, gets goals. 

I despair with some of our fans sometimes. We should be urging Brendan to stop p*ssing him about and just give him the chances that he’s earned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rodgers is the manager. If he feels it's right to get rid of  Nacho than so be it. He didn't buy him he inherited him. We can't really judge Rodger using other peoples players, so far he has only brought in Justin, Perez and......Bennett.

Rodgers needs to be allowed to build his squad with his players, if we are crap after that we can blame Rodgers.

If Nacho goes on and scores 30 goals a season we can blame Rodgers. The fact Villa are interested tell us something I think.

2 hours ago, matty98 said:

What more can he do? He's got a similar goal and assist per 90 ratio to Vardy this season. He holds the ball up fairly well and links up play well.

I genuinely think you'd struggle to find a player that could match what Iheanacho has done this season in the time he's had for less than what we'd sell Iheanacho for.

I'll agree he's had a decent season but his overall contribution since signing hasn't been great. 

He just never looks sharp enough. 

Can't remember the game, but after he tried to keep a ball in play, it went out for a goalkick. 

He was walking back, looking up at the sky, whilst the keeper was rolling the ball out to the full back and just took the ball up the pitch. 

I don't dislike him and wouldn't complain if he stayed, but if Brendan thinks we can get a fair bit back and use for someone he thinks will benefit the team more, then I'd be happy for that to happen. 

I dunno , there is something about him that just says he will never make a top striker. Too fragile mentally and not intelligent enough to work out where he's going wrong. If we can recoup what we paid for him then it's got to be bye and thanks for trying.

I'd much prefer it if we signed a striker to compliment those we already have, i.e. we keep Kelechi and bring in another striker. I think he's improved under BR, his hold-up play v United was excellent and that's something we need. However it's quite clear that Brendan gets frustrated with him too, you don't get subbed that often if you have the full confidence of the manager.

However, with Coronavirus etc we will probs have a significantly smaller budget so it seems it's a case of either Edouard or Kelechi. Can't say I've seen enough of OE to make an informed decision but I can see the arguments for both keeping but also replacing Iheanacho.

Edited by Paddy.

I am disappointed in Kelechi, you would think after being around Vardy for over 2 years, he would have picked up on Vardy's tenacity, endeavour and chasing down.

I realise all players are different, but not even a little of Vardy seems to have been garnered

• Like 1

we would be daft to sell kelechi. If it is not broke, do not fix it.

with that being said, I would not be against another striker. Just think we should not take one step backwards to take one forward. Sell chillwell instead tbh. 

If Vardy got injured and was out for some time, does anyone think that Nacho would get us the goals to keep us anywhere near the top end of the table? 

People have said, he just needs a good run in the side, but fans are not overly patient and can get on the backs of players pretty quickly. 

Would he be anymore than a bench player for any of the top 8 or 9 sides, which is where we now see ourselves. 

I don't think he'd get a sniff at any of the traditional top 6 and doubt he'd get a run at wolves or Everton. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

If Vardy got injured and was out for some time, does anyone think that Nacho would get us the goals to keep us anywhere near the top end of the table? 

People have said, he just needs a good run in the side, but fans are not overly patient and can get on the backs of players pretty quickly. 

Would he be anymore than a bench player for any of the top 8 or 9 sides, which is where we now see ourselves. 

I don't think he'd get a sniff at any of the traditional top 6 and doubt he'd get a run at wolves or Everton. 

So what you're saying is that nacho is perfect for us. 

Edited by Grebfromgrebland

15 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

So what you're saying is that nacho is perfect for us. 

No, not really and dispite doing OK at times, I doesn't look like Brendan rates him either. 

Some of the players on the benches of the elite are quite scary. 

I doubt many opposition fans are that worried when we bring Nacho on. 

I repeat, I don't dislike him and think he's improved a bit, but not enough to make me that confident that we'll trouble teams that much if Vardy was out for a bit. 

I feel similar about Perez tbh but he's not been with us as long. 

• Like 2