Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Black

Newcastle in for Iheanacho

1 hour ago, Hollyfox said:

If Vardy got injured and was out for some time, does anyone think that Nacho would get us the goals to keep us anywhere near the top end of the table? 

People have said, he just needs a good run in the side, but fans are not overly patient and can get on the backs of players pretty quickly. 

Would he be anymore than a bench player for any of the top 8 or 9 sides, which is where we now see ourselves. 

I don't think he'd get a sniff at any of the traditional top 6 and doubt he'd get a run at wolves or Everton. 

Plays for wolves in a 352 over jota, more of a goal threat than traore but traore offers line breaking runs so not sure between the two. Everton and arsenal's strengths are in their striker options and spurs have kane. Chelsea is a mixup, giroud has really good linkup and movement but kelechi is more clinical and a better passer. Obviously doesnt get a look in at liverpool/man city and martial looked good as a striker recently but he's entirely dependent on rashford playing for some reason he struggles to get in goal scoring situations without him, i would still say martial is better. 

Edit: unpopular opinion but upon rethinking it i think it's actually quite close between nacho and calvert lewin, outside of that hot streak for dcl i would say they are similar quality players.

Edited by honeybradger

15 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Plays for wolves in a 352 over jota, more of a goal threat than traore but traore offers line breaking runs so not sure between the two. Everton and arsenal's strengths are in their striker options and spurs have kane. Chelsea is a mixup, giroud has really good linkup and movement but kelechi is more clinical and a better passer. Obviously doesnt get a look in at liverpool/man city and martial looked good as a striker recently but he's entirely dependent on rashford playing for some reason he struggles to get in goal scoring situations without him, i would still say martial is better. 

Edit: unpopular opinion but upon rethinking it i think it's actually quite close between nacho and calvert lewin, outside of that hot streak for dcl i would say they are similar quality players.

All about opinions, but all of the above, you've mentioned, I don't think he's anywhere near. 

45 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

All about opinions, but all of the above, you've mentioned, I don't think he's anywhere near. 

Jota he is absolutely miles ahead of, traore he's scored more goals than in less than half the time and gotten 1/3 of the assists although as mentioned traore is more than his g+a tally, giroud again theres clearly something to him for him to be starting for france and chelsea but i dont rate him that highly, maybe wrong there. Dcl again despite scoring something ridiculous like 9 goals in 15 games or whatever he's generally not that good of a finisher.

• Haha 1

Jota he is absolutely miles ahead of? 

No chance

Giroud is class but his age and wages would not suit us. 

Calvert-Lewin, I'd swap in a heartbeat. 

We have one outstanding goalscorer but not enough around him. 

We need better than Nacho IMHO and if there's a chance to upgrade, we should and I think we will. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hollyfox said:

Jota he is absolutely miles ahead of? 

No chance

Giroud is class but his age and wages would not suit us. 

Calvert-Lewin, I'd swap in a heartbeat. 

We have one outstanding goalscorer but not enough around him. 

We need better than Nacho IMHO and if there's a chance to upgrade, we should and I think we will. 

I think our valuations of other teams players and nacho are massively different, so lets agree to disagree, cant see how you would swap calvert lewin, a striker who cant finish, for nacho in a heartbeat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Personally would want to keep Nacho and add Edouard as well. I always feel Nacho has a goal in him, which isn't gaurenteed with any new signing trying to settle into a new league at a much higher standard. I also feel that we need to give JV a rest more often next season. For his own benefit, I think playing twice a week is likely to wear him down as he approaches and passes 34 this season. Perhaps JV only starts about two thirds of the games. Whether we could keep 3 strikers happy, I don't know, but it only takes JV to pick up a serious injury and we would be left with a striker with no experience of the PL, should we sell Nacho. Some will say there is still Perez who could play as a striker, but that wouldn't fill me with confidence.

• Like 2

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-make-offer-leicester-city-attacker-deal-worth-e12m/

Turkish website Fotospor report Fenerbahce are looking to replace Vedat Muriqi by signing Leicester City attacker Kelechi Iheanacho.

The Super Lig side are reportedly in advanced talks with Lazio to sell Muriqi, and Fotospor claim Iheanacho could be his replacement. Muriqi was linked with a move to the Foxes a few weeks ago but it seems he’s now destined to a transfer to Serie A.

It’s reported Fenerbahce are ready to make a two-year loan offer to Leicester City for the Nigerian forward which could be worth as much as €12m.

Iheanacho scored 10 goals for Leicester City in all competitions last season and was a repeatedly used member of Brendan Rodgers’ squad, making 26 appearances. However, the Turkish hope would be that he fancies being a nailed on starter elsewhere.

The 23 year old has been linked with a move to Turkey before with the likes of Trabzonspor and Besiktas said to be interested.

His contract with Leicester City will expire at the end of June 2023, so in the unlikely event they would agree to a two year loan, they may also want to extend the player’s contract.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-make-offer-leicester-city-attacker-deal-worth-e12m/

Turkish website Fotospor report Fenerbahce are looking to replace Vedat Muriqi by signing Leicester City attacker Kelechi Iheanacho.

The Super Lig side are reportedly in advanced talks with Lazio to sell Muriqi, and Fotospor claim Iheanacho could be his replacement. Muriqi was linked with a move to the Foxes a few weeks ago but it seems he’s now destined to a transfer to Serie A.

It’s reported Fenerbahce are ready to make a two-year loan offer to Leicester City for the Nigerian forward which could be worth as much as €12m.

Iheanacho scored 10 goals for Leicester City in all competitions last season and was a repeatedly used member of Brendan Rodgers’ squad, making 26 appearances. However, the Turkish hope would be that he fancies being a nailed on starter elsewhere.

The 23 year old has been linked with a move to Turkey before with the likes of Trabzonspor and Besiktas said to be interested.

His contract with Leicester City will expire at the end of June 2023, so in the unlikely event they would agree to a two year loan, they may also want to extend the player’s contract.

Lol Roma is that you?

I'd like him to stay as I think he can be an excellent finisher.

I think the thing with Nacho is that he is fundamentally a different type of player to Vardy.  We all know what Vardy can do and how he plays and the team is set up to allow Vardy to do what Vardy does best.  I see Nacho of much more of a six yard box poacher with a few screamers in his locker.  To get the best out of Nacho, the team needs to adapt to one that can get the ball into the box with quick low crosses and clever passes around the edge of the box.  Do that and I honestly believe he'll bag 20 goals per season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

These Turkish Clubs appear to be extreme users of chemical substances. Why would we contemplate loaning someone for the balance of their contract, meaning they could then walk away at the end of the loan period for free?

Nigerians did used to have a bad reputation for age doping though, fairly certain we're safe with Kelechi or Wilf but no way was Ahmed Musa 23 when we signed him and Yakubu only just turns 38 this November lol apparently.

Maybe it's just the players named similarly to large deer type animals who fake their ages.

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Surely Musa and Yakubu wouldn’t have been able to keep up with the rigours of English football if they were old men. 

I mean Musa didn’t really but he was rapid as ****.

Lloyd Dyer was rapid into his early 30s. Musa's gone off into the rigours of Saudi football in his mid-twenties. Yakubu developed a style of play where he didn't have to move much, think the goal against Derby away, so he essentially drew his time out by making the most of his strength and technical ability, he was a phenomenal player even without pace.

Kanu, Obafemi Martins & Jay Jay Okocha all had question marks over their actual age.

There's even articles on the subject - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/feb/21/nigerian-football-age-old-problem

and an oracle of football knowledge, Jackson Ude believed this about Musa in 2015

https://www.twitter.com/jacksonpbn/status/654279863793283072

I sense he’s going to be one of those nearly strikers you get every once in a while - the type that clearly has talent, can score, but who just doesn’t naturally fit into a team dynamic that relates to regular starts.

A bit like Sturridge in fact - who ironically, Rodgers briefly got a tune out of, but I just don’t see Nacho becoming a resounding success with us.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I sense he’s going to be one of those nearly strikers you get every once in a while - the type that clearly has talent, can score, but who just doesn’t naturally fit into a team dynamic that relates to regular starts.

A bit like Sturridge in fact - who ironically, Rodgers briefly got a tune out of, but I just don’t see Nacho becoming a resounding success with us.

Or a bit like Akinbyi? 😁

No, in fairness, I think he's much improved this year and I'd much sooner him play than Perez!

However, I don't see him as an eventual replacement for Vardy, I just don't think he's got that much improvement in him. However, if we did sell him and if the rumours are true, Chilwell as well, we could perhaps share the risk by bringing in Edouard and Watkins. Money left from Maguire and possibly the sale of Gray could perhaps then help finance a winger and centre half or left back. In reality though, because of the overall situation, I think it's going to be a quiet market all round.

Rodgers doesn’t rate him. Could see that from the way he was getting hooked and playing bit-part roles after the restart despite looking more or less our biggest threat.

I reckon he wants a striker with more tactical nous. Iheanacho is a goal scorer but his movement could be better and he’s not the smartest in terms of decision-making at times. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

His lack of pace is a big problem.

There have been many great strikers over the years without pace, Kane and Shearer just being two of many that immediately spring to mind. Pace is not everything and is sometimes overrated as a necessity that we troll out like several other well worn football buzz words. Pace is nothing without touch or being able to read the game (like Musa), guile and power are attributes in others like Drogba, Totti or Inzaghi.

Iheanacho's first touch for example, quite often let's him down yet he is getting himself into some better scoring positions now than he did last season though for me, his decision making remains flawed. Sadly, I don't ever see him being a reliable first choice 20 ish goals a season man for us. Should Vardy get injured at the start of next season we'd be in a real mess as Iheanacho or Perez are nowhere near suitable cover now, let alone in the future to take over the mantle. It is probably for me the number one recruitment priority before any talk of wingers or centre halves etc. Without goals in the Premiership, you're knackered. In an ideal world you now need three good strikers. Iheanacho is a number 3 with Perez not even on the radar for me.

• Like 4