Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Black

Newcastle in for Iheanacho

All Nigeria Soccer Logo...the complete Nigerian football 

Newcastle United Interested In Signing Leicester City's Nigeria International Striker
Published: July 13, 2020
Newcastle United Interested In Signing Leicester City's Nigeria International Striker
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that English Premier League side Newcastle United have set the wheels in motion to sign Leicester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho in the summer transfer window. 

Whether or not a takeover is completed before the start of the upcoming season, the Magpies maintain an interest in the Nigeria international, who is represented by one of the most powerful agencies in the world, Stellar Group. 

Stellar Group has close links with Newcastle United, as they handle the affairs of first-team stars Jonjo Shelvey, Ciaran Clark, Andy Carroll and Javier Manquillo perTransfermarkt.

Newcastle United are in the market for a striker and have identified Iheanacho as a top summer transfer target because of his Premier League experience, having spent about five years in England. 

Iheanacho has rejuvenated his career this term and has forced his way into Leicester City's starting lineup since the restart, partnering Jamie Vardy in attack four times. 

The 23-year-old is tied to The Foxes until the end of the 2021-2022 campaign. 

Ifeanyi Emmanuel 

He'd be an upgrade on Joelinton, who I'm not sure why they purchased him for a reported £40 million..

But, he's better off here where he has developed him game under Rodgers and seems to be doing thriving quite.

Edited by Wymsey

He's shown his worth this season. Goals per minute ratio is excellent, as it was before we signed him. 

He'd need to go for more than we spent imo. Wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave given he's always BR's fall guy/first sub if playing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sdb said:

He'd need to go for more than we spent imo. Wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave given he's always BR's fall guy/first sub if playing.

Hmm I can't see that, definitely not worth more than we paid but maybe we can rinse them like they did us with Perez.

Rodgers is the only manager here who's got any sort of form out of him, I'm not sure he even knew what his role was until this season. Maybe certain players need a different way of management to keep them focused. 🤔

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Hmm I can't see that, definitely not worth more than we paid but maybe we can rinse them like they did us with Perez.

Rodgers is the only manager here who's got any sort of form out of him, I'm not sure he even knew what his role was until this season. Maybe certain players need a different way of management to keep them focused. 🤔

I imagine Kelichi's focus this morning will be very much of the 'what the hell is the manager who threw a game blaming me for?!' line of thought.

19 minutes ago, kylestyle06 said:

Not a reliable source.

Poster joined just to send people to their website.

At 23-years, He might be tempted by the chance to swap his supporting role at Leicester to be the star man at St James’ Park.

• Haha 1

He's been a disappointment since he joined. I'm sure we'll try to sign a new striker in the window which will only push him further down the pecking order. Probably best for all concerned.

• Like 1

Excellent, if we get rid of him we'll be able to waste money on two strikers instead of just one!

Becoming increasingly apparent that Rodgers doesn't really trust him so wouldn't be surprised if he goes. Without Champions League are we realistically going to do better than him for a 2nd/3rd choice striker?

14 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Haven’t Man City got a buyback on him ?

If Newcastle were to offer 50mill they could buy at the buyback price and trouser the profit 

That'll happen.