Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Luke Thomas

Just now, Fox92 said:

Can't believe how much RL were going in for him. Stringer even asked Rodgers about his performance ffs.

What ? Seriously ? The ****ing muppets. 19, away at Spurs, what do they expect. 

that cross for the Perez volley was beautiful.

I think the errors need some context too. It wasn't him pissing about, trying to be clever on the edge of our box- they both happened well inside the opposition half. We still had time to sort ourselves out. Far more experienced defenders have made worse errors this season.

Him playing well on Thursday was a huge bonus, he shouldn't be playing yet and needs loan spells away. Freak circumstances (two left-backs and an auxiliary in Albrighton all being injured at the same time) have given him the chance and in two games he's had a couple of setbacks but also plenty of positives.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

In this day and age I'm sure players see some of this stuff, and stuff elsewhere like twitter, and we wonder why players seem desperate to leave. Yeah the money at the richer clubs must be great, but the chance to get away from some our overly critical fans must be such a relief.

To be fair the online abuse from own fans at the big clubs will be about 20x worse.

But yeah he did more than fine given the situation. Couple nice threatening crosses, and didn’t run the ball out of play :ph34r:

We’ve gone from probably the second best fullback pairing in the PL (which included our POTY), to a kid newly signed from League 1 + a kid with zero experience of men’s football. It’s not surprising that mistakes will be made against top teams. All valuable experience for them, and we will be needing them next season.

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1

The fact is as one poster has already said, if Ben Chilwell had made those mistakes he'd be crucified because it's in vogue to criticise him. Same with Harvey Barnes.

19 years old or not, he needs to work on his ball control since twice he failed to control under little pressure, and we conceded, and lost the match. He has to take some blame for that and it  is churlish to say otherwise.

As usual, people get personal on here. Nobody has said he is crap or not a prospect but despite his talent and promise he is not ready to be anywhere near our first team at this level, right now. Hopefully so in the future but he is understandably raw. Not his fault he got thrown in the deep end and in the circumstances he's done well and will learn from it.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Can't believe how much RL were going in for him. Stringer even asked Rodgers about his performance ffs.

That's disappointing if so and indicative of media rhetoric these days - can't let anyone be too good; gotta bring them down a peg or two sadly.

Was anything asked about Bennett?

What was Rodgers' response(s)?

58 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

There were at least 6 players who were worse than him today and he’s only 19 on his second game for us. He’s getting a second assist in 2 games if Lloris doesn’t pull off that world class save from Perez. 

That drilled cross was unbelievable, the vision and technique is enough to be very excited about his development.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Massive difference between a player with 2 senior apps, to a player who's made 100 apps and 11 International caps.

Making mistakes is how you learn, if he's making them in 50 apps time fair enough.

Very true. He deserves credit for the mental strength of not letting the mistakes get to him either and keeping on getting forward well. He provided good width and overlapping and has some good whip on those crosses.

1 minute ago, adam said:

Pretty simple. The blokes not good enough. But it's not his fault hes been chucked in.  Never will be good enough and will probably end up on loan at Wigan  

Oh look! A shock jock! How cute.

9 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Very true. He deserves credit for the mental strength of not letting the mistakes get to him either and keeping on getting forward well. He provided good width and overlapping and has some good whip on those crosses.

Under normal circumstances he would have been given a little taste for 10 minutes here and there, he's been chuck in the deep end! He's was robbed by Lucas Moura for one of the goals who has 25 Brazil caps, I don't he's ever face anyone of that quality.

He will learn more from today then he did the Sheff U game.

What impressed me, is after making mistakes he never gave up and still wanted the ball.

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Pretty simple. The blokes not good enough. But it's not his fault hes been chucked in.  Never will be good enough and will probably end up on loan at Wigan  

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Oh look! A shock jock! How cute.

Definitely only plays FIFA, probably never been to a game lol 

• Like 1

Just now, adam said:

He wont be good enough. Get real. 

No. I will continue to live here, in my land of milk and honey thank you very much :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Wow, insightful......

Kids forum is in general.......

Just now, StanSP said:

Definitely only plays FIFA, probably never been to a game lol 

Great reply. Dont think I've played fifa for 10 years. Keep banging that Clapper.  He wont be anywhere near the side next year. 

He made a couple of errors and unfortunately they led to goes. I cant be critical of a player who has huge potential and one that hopefully in 2, 3 or 4 years will be challenging for a first team spot. Its just unfortunate that both Chilwell and Fuchs got injured and he has been thrust into a team that has so many regular starters missing.

He has done OK and defo one to get excited about for the future, but certainly not one to be judged on the last 2 games only.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, adam said:

Great reply. Dont think I've played fifa for 10 years. Keep banging that Clapper.  He wont be anywhere near the side next year. 

Who's saying he should be?

Hopefully we'll have more experienced players back in - perhaps Chilwell and another LB.

But you've literally written him off after 2 games. 1 very good one. 1 not so good but can't knock him for that.

Why do you think he won't be good enough based on seeing him in 2 PL games? Why will he 'never' be good enough? Your post is bizarre. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's disappointing if so and indicative of media rhetoric these days - can't let anyone be too good; gotta bring them down a peg or two sadly.

Was anything asked about Bennett?

What was Rodgers' response(s)?

30 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What ? Seriously ? The ****ing muppets. 19, away at Spurs, what do they expect. 

that cross for the Perez volley was beautiful.

I wasn’t completely listening because I was posting on here but Stringer asked about what Rodgers thought of Thomas’ performance “is it a case of putting your arm around him” but Rodgers answered well. Didn’t slate him which is good, I don’t like managers slaying players publicly.

• Like 1