Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Luke Thomas

4 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Never been out on loan?

Wow.. have we ever played anyone from the academy that has not actually played in the big boy league before ? Perhaps we have but i dont recall... ( my memory is so like a floppy disk nowdays).

MON did it a few times - Campbell and Wilson( ?) and I think Oakes as well . 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Never been out on loan?

Wow.. have we ever played anyone from the academy that has not actually played in the big boy league before ? Perhaps we have but i dont recall... ( my memory is so like a floppy disk nowdays).

Emile Heskey and Andy King never went out on loan before their debuts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 17/07/2020 at 08:08, eblair said:

wtf did chilwell do to leicester fans, he is clearly one of best left backs in the league and an academy kid

why is there a vendetta against him, we all knew he was meant to be class coming through the academy

i dont understand what he has done, sometimes he plays the wrong ball? leicester fans are so bonkers about him

Gets skinned by every winger with pace and has no end product. 

I don’t want to sell him but if we did I wouldn’t be too upset. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He's 19 and played 1 match. Why don't we give him a chance to develop before we expect him to be a top 6 premier league player. 

This.

Just watch this place turn on him if he has a poor game against Tottenham. :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 17/07/2020 at 08:08, eblair said:

wtf did chilwell do to leicester fans, he is clearly one of best left backs in the league and an academy kid

why is there a vendetta against him, we all knew he was meant to be class coming through the academy

i dont understand what he has done, sometimes he plays the wrong ball? leicester fans are so bonkers about him

Dude Chilwell is massively overrated. 

You’ve got a lot of likes from the ‘must be positive despite proof to the contrary brigade’.

I’ll enlighten you....his only ability is that of being able to run fast; he’s athletic. He can’t defend properly; very rarely can he put in a decent cross because he rarely will attempt to go past anyone.

He’s generally poor on the ball thus any impetus to move forward as a team is stunted. 

No vendetta as I don’t know the bloke personally and he’s just a footballer.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

4 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

You’ve got a lot of likes from the ‘must be positive despite proof to the contrary brigade’.

I’ll enlighten you....his only ability is that of being able to run fast; he’s athletic. He can’t defend properly; very rarely can he put in a decent cross because he rarely will attempt to go past anyone.

He’s generally poor on the ball thus any impetus to move forward as a team is stunted. 

You're being incredibly negative here. Chilwell isn't the best left back in the league, but he's far more than just athletic.

He is a good defender, and regularly wins aerial battles. The times he is caught out is usually when he's left to try and defend against more than one attacker, because he has little cover.

Whereas Ricardo is somehow able to take on several players at once - part of why he is arguably world class - this is not Chilly's strength. That and he sometimes hesitates before making a pass.

Last summer he identified his athleticism needed improving, and worked hard on it. I have every confidence he will continue to improve his decision making. He's that kind of player.

• Like 4

It wouldn't make sense to sell Chilwell even though we have what could be a very good back-up in Thomas. If we sell Chilwell and rely on Thomas, what happens when Thomas' form dips or there's an injury?

Anyone we replace Chilwell with (at whatever point) is likely to be a first-team starter and vastly more experienced. I can't imagine Rodgers would be telling Thomas he'll be starting every game next season on the back of one very good game. And it would be naive of us fans to even think that. It is just one performance but we would be incredibly stupid to sell Chillwell this summer, begin starting Thomas, and decide not to bring anyone else in. 

(I know there is Fuchs but again, it appears he won't be regularly reliable these days, at least not for the start of the next season anyway?)

13 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

You're being incredibly negative here. Chilwell isn't the best left back in the league, but he's far more than just athletic.

He is a good defender, and regularly wins aerial battles. The times he is caught out is usually when he's left to try and defend against more than one attacker, because he has little cover.

Whereas Ricardo is somehow able to take on several players at once - part of why he is arguably world class - this is not Chilly's strength. That and he sometimes hesitates before making a pass.

Last summer he identified his athleticism needed improving, and worked hard on it. I have every confidence he will continue to improve his decision making. He's that kind of player.

He’s 23 not 18, and he has massive crucial weaknesses in his game which should not be there at this level given how long he’s been a first team player - 5 years he’s had. 

We obviously won’t agree on this guy. 👍

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He's 19 and played 1 match. Why don't we give him a chance to develop before we expect him to be a top 6 premier league player. 

Agreed and when he makes some inevitable mistakes, let's not get on his back and stag him off like many did with Chilwell. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

When he's played 10 games and made a couple mistakes, people will want him gone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I can have a simpler solution.

Sell Chilwell and play him from now on.

Financially wise, but off the back of one game seems a little hasty...

31 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

He’s 23 not 18, and he has massive crucial weaknesses in his game which should not be there at this level given how long he’s been a first team player - 5 years he’s had. 

We obviously won’t agree on this guy. 👍

That's fine, got no problems with disagreeing at all - healthy debate is good 👍

I understand your points and concerns. I'm just hopeful he'll keep improving.

3 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I can have a simpler solution.

Sell Chilwell and play him from now on.

If we sell Chilwell, we need to buy a first choice left back. Can't rely on a youngster after one promising game IMO. He should be a back up, and not be thrown straight in because that will destroy his confidence when he has the inevitable dip in form. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Financially wise, but off the back of one game seems a little hasty...

Can definitely see it happening. We normally sell one big player a season. I doubt it will be Ricardo because of his injury.

14 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Can definitely see it happening. We normally sell one big player a season. I doubt it will be Ricardo because of his injury.

Oh I agree, was more a comment after one great game, selling the guy he is to replace on the back of it might be considered a little hasty. 

5 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Und I totally disagree...

So like all Things football....Perspectives & opinions...

Plus the modern fan,once hes on Finding a seed of weakness,they ignore the Good points and exactly for  the Good moves,where they throw negative doubts

in the First place...Vardy,Soyu,Morgan,Albrighton,Maguire,Ricardo,Kante,Drinkwater...

Jesus there isnt One Leicester player that hasnt gone through Foxestalk tumble dryer...

Some fans just doesn't seem to have the all round big Pictures and go on frustrating campaigns und delbrately,look for every Single failure....

Forgetting Mr Leicester our Hero missed chances every week,that our so called better Fback before bis injury,allowed more crosses & goals from his side than Chilwells..but I Don t go in overfluted Blame campaigns....

Observations depends what your looking for, if you want to enjoy the game with all its

Natural positives & negatives turns,or be a Perpetual critic..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

Don’t think we should sell anyone right now.

we are bare bones at the moment so focus should be on bringing in quality new players.

hope our young ones like Barnes, Hamza and grey finally step up and turn into the players we all know they can.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, majaco said:

Some people on here have more questionable views than Alan Smith.

Thomas played well on debut.  But some people are so over the top about it.  He is a developing player.  

Most of our squad have been hammered on  this forum.  Generally this is because people over-react.  I hope Thomas  builds on a great debut but he is a long way off our two more experienced left backs.

His delivery of the ball means he's not that far off as that's something Chilwell even 100-150 games in has never improved on and a weak link.

• Like 2