Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Luke Thomas

10 minutes ago, adam said:

Pretty simple. The blokes not good enough. But it's not his fault hes been chucked in.  Never will be good enough and will probably end up on loan at Wigan  

Did mummy not give you enough attention,  bless 

• Haha 1

I love watching new players get introduced to the first team. Last week before Sheffield totally changed my mood. So positive now.  Rodgers wouldn't have put him in if he couldn't do the job. We have to have more players like him to fill out the squad if we're going to compete top 4/6 on a regular basis. Head up Luke :scarf:

2 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

If he is our third choice then at least we have depth in one area. I think a half a season loan move to the championship would do wonders for him. 

I agree, I think he needs a loan next season, needs to be playing games regularly now

• Like 3

All part of the learning experience. Still generally neat player. 

Wasnt brainless decision making like Bennett showing players into their stronger foot FFS. A bloke of decent experience literally telegraph top strikers where to shoot 

• Like 2

Anyone slagging this lad of is an idiot . Basically been thrown in at the deep end with no real  first team or competitive football experience apart from  U23’s . Yes he made a couple of errors but he’s also stepped up and done his best . Some of his crosses and passes were quite refreshing to see compared to a Chilwell run forward down a blind ally  then slow the play down and pass backwards . 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Not saying for one minute that Thomas is better than Chilwell, but it is refreshing to see our left back stick in a cross with a bit of pace on it.

25 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Anyone slagging this lad of is an idiot . Basically been thrown in at the deep end with no real  first team or competitive football experience apart from  U23’s . Yes he made a couple of errors but he’s also stepped up and done his best . Some of his crosses and passes were quite refreshing to see compared to a Chilwell run forward down a blind ally  then slow the play down and pass backwards . 

Agreed re the 'refreshing' comments.

He looks positive in the final third.

Very, very early days but I like the cut of his jib.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Spot on. Developing your own new talent is a necessity at a club our size and Luke is a brilliant young exciting prospect. How on earth is a debutant 19yrs old playing against some seasoned professionals not going to make the odd mistake, it's incredibly unreasonable to expect it. There was so much to like about him in such difficult circumstances you just have to be happy about the prospect of yet another brilliant young lad on our conveyer belt. In times when our results are a bit gloomy,  he's surely something to be a little more optimistic about. 

• Like 1

Very excited by him. The offensive sphere of his game is already better than plenty of PL fullbacks. He just needs time to iron out the mistakes in his game and get a bit bigger. Can't be mad that an academy player with zero Football League experience got caught out a couple times. If he doesn't get a good loan next season I will be fuming.

Edited by Nicolo Barella
  • Like 2

Yes he made mistakes and could've ran back to repair them. Barnes could have back at stopped the goal. Bennett could have done things differently. Etc etc. 

He's playing well better than anyone expected. Give him so credit he'll thrive on this small period of football. Next step deffo loan out or saved for cups and Europe. We could have a potential TAA in our team. 

There were certainly worse yesterday than him and what I liked, as others have mentioned, is his crossing. The ball to Ayo for that volley was superb. 

With the amount of games we’ll have next season, I’d keep him here as he’ll get plenty of opportunities I’m sure. Experiences gained from these games will be vital to his development over the coming months.

• Like 1

We cannot be loaning everyone out and relying of older and slower players past their prime as Bench Warmers. We do not have a squad sufficiently good enough to afford us the luxury of loaning out players (other than dead wood).  We are not Chelsea.  Even they have (under Frank) seen the value of keeping their younger prospects in house.

Hopefully Brendan decides to retain 3/4 of the under 23's to be involved in first Team Training next season.

• Like 1

I really hope he gets a loan, because the mental/concentration side of the game can only really be improved on with experience, which he'll get the most of playing week in week out. So many young players are making the most out of their loans to the Championship these days, I think it makes sense to find one for him. Let him grow past his mistakes away from our harsh fans.

Seeing as Fuchs is contracted for one more season anyway, him and Chilwell should be fine for one more season.

11 hours ago, lee7 said:

He made a couple of mistakes but he will learn from them. I'm fairly certain there's not many players in the u23s who are as clinical as Kane so he'll soon realise mistakes at senior level get punished more often than not. 

What impresses me about him is his eye for a pass! Even when crossing he looks to pick out a man and has shown he can cross the ball in a range of different ways. That is something Chilwell lacks even after a couple of seasons at first team level. Also his link up play is impressive. He plays the forward positive passes more often than not. 

He’s miscontrolled it on the edge of the opposition box and lost possession 60 yards from goal. 

9 times out of 10 it leads to nothing. He did fine!

• Like 4

He was unlucky yesterday as mistakes up the pitch don't always lead to goals. I'm sure he's at home feeling shattered having played 2 games in 3days.

Definitely one for the future. A loan to gain experience seems the best option for next season.

12 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Not saying for one minute that Thomas is better than Chilwell, but it is refreshing to see our left back stick in a cross with a bit of pace on it.

Exactly. I thought he looked very bright going forwards. Got a good cross on him. I wouldn't be too harsh on the defensive frailties. That side will get better. Plus he will play alongside a better CB partnership than Wes, Beano and Evans.

• Like 3