Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Luke Thomas

2 hours ago, majaco said:

Some people on here have more questionable views than Alan Smith.

Thomas played well on debut.  But some people are so over the top about it.  He is a developing player.  

Most of our squad have been hammered on  this forum.  Generally this is because people over-react.  I hope Thomas  builds on a great debut but he is a long way off our two more experienced left backs.

Fuchs has never been blessed with pace, don’t think it’s good to be relying on a player that gets slower every season and that was the most taken on defender in 16/17. For young players to develop they need game time. Only time will tell how good he is against the “better teams”

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Fuchs has never been blessed with pace, don’t think it’s good to be relying on a player that gets slower every season and that was the most taken on defender in 16/17. For young players to develop they need game time. Only time will tell how good he is against the “better teams”

Tomorrow will be a big test for him ....Jose will have made plans .....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Tomorrow will be a big test for him ....Jose will have made plans .....

lets be honest not many defenders have come out covered in glory in recent games against spurs

13 Jan 2016 Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City W 0-1 Premier League
20 Jan 2016 Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur L 0-2 FA Cup
29 Oct 2016 Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City D 1-1 Premier League
18 May 2017 Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur L 1-6 Premier League
28 Nov 2017 Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur W 2-1 Premier League
13 May 2018 Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City L 5-4 Premier League
08 Dec 2018 Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur L 0-2 Premier League
10 Feb 2019 Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City L 3-1 Premier League
21 Sep 2019 Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur W 2-1 Premier League

4 hours ago, majaco said:

Some people on here have more questionable views than Alan Smith.

Thomas played well on debut.  But some people are so over the top about it.  He is a developing player.  

Most of our squad have been hammered on  this forum.  Generally this is because people over-react.  I hope Thomas  builds on a great debut but he is a long way off our two more experienced left backs.

Yup, if not on loan next season I’d be disappointed not to see him in the squad for early rounds of league cup and fa cup! We have to continue his progress, binned in the u23s for season not good enough so I’d send him on loan in jan. saying January because fuchs and chilwell potentially out until then so he only fit left back in the club! 

So we have Now L.Thomas,Ricardo,Justin, Fuchs & Chilwell....FBs.. also potential WBacks.

Add Barnes,Gray,Albrighton...W.Backs,potential Frontline ....

Tielemans,Praet,Choudhury,Ndid,Mendy,Maddison (Ayrez when behind strikers)..AM and DM

This is the best reasonable Quality Competition & Cover vor selection we have had for years

The first 12-13 players Don t get & Keep you in the that First 8 competing  consistently over seasons...

But even with the KP-family & Brand,behind us,we still expected can throw Money around....

WE defo need another Top striker,

with Bennet & Morgan in the Background,we need a young Quality CB,

unless we can get Benkovic filling that hole and competing,with Evans &Soyu, then just another young CB in the eyeline..

So Money for a striker ,another quality midfielder ,I suppose would be our priority...

Luke Thomas Development  has helped us in not panicking for FBs...

9 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Don’t think we should sell anyone right now.

we are bare bones at the moment so focus should be on bringing in quality new players.

hope our young ones like Barnes, Hamza and grey finally step up and turn into the players we all know they can.

Hamza will not step up. I would love it if he suddenly became good enough for our starting XI, but honestly he is far too limited to break through in the Prem. The role he currently has in our squad, especially considering our style, is his ceiling.

26 minutes ago, Shaqq said:

Hamza will not step up. I would love it if he suddenly became good enough for our starting XI, but honestly he is far too limited to break through in the Prem. The role he currently has in our squad, especially considering our style, is his ceiling.

You must have a short memory as he has had some absolute stellar games for us... He could be a  regular in the prem at a different club.. the problem is not him, it’s who is in front of him... 

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

He did lose the ball twice but both occasions it was at least 60 yards from our goal.

Of course he's got a lot to learn but what other option did we have? Chilwell, Fuchs and Albrighton all out.

Just now, Corky said:

He did lose the ball twice but both occasions it was at least 60 yards from our goal.

Of course he's got a lot to learn but what other option did we have? Chilwell, Fuchs and Albrighton all out.

Waiting for someone to suggest Gray at RWB and Justin the other side lol

Hmmm fair enough didn't realise about Fuchs.

I think Brendan has to hook Thomas at HT and change formation. He's been thrown in the deep end and unfortunately cost us this game with his errors.

He will get more chances but for now he needs to get off before confidence is further shot. 

Chilwell #2 already, blimey you lot are quick. He has just been rushed into the first team as we have no other options and have lost all our full backs. Give him a chance! After last game you all wanted Chilly binned and him in! I think given the situation he is doing well, showing confidence and not looking terrified. Get behind him for goodness sake!

• Like 1

I think this just highlights how important a loan is so he can make the step up, he didn't put a foot wrong for the first half hour, linking up well and created numerous chances with some great crosses. Mistakes should ideally be made at lower level (not the u23s) where he's less likely to be punished every time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1