Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Luke Thomas

1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

He’s miscontrolled it on the edge of the opposition box and lost possession 60 yards from goal. 

9 times out of 10 it leads to nothing. He did fine!

Not mentioning the ref had given fouls the other way for lesser challenges where we had won the ball. 

On 18/07/2020 at 11:45, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Dude Chilwell is massively overrated. 

You’ve got a lot of likes from the ‘must be positive despite proof to the contrary brigade’.

I’ll enlighten you....his only ability is that of being able to run fast; he’s athletic. He can’t defend properly; very rarely can he put in a decent cross because he rarely will attempt to go past anyone.

He’s generally poor on the ball thus any impetus to move forward as a team is stunted. 

No vendetta as I don’t know the bloke personally and he’s just a footballer.

this is just stupid

he is england's starting left back, he was class for us after the restart

the other two left backs who have played for us in lockdown clearly no where near his level

He is made to look worse that he actually is, cos Ricardo is playing RB and he is one of the best in world in his position. Chilwell is one of the top 4 left backs in the league, the reason we have toppled out the top 4 is we have too many players starting who are not in their positions. So maybe lay off the kid who has been here since he was 14 and is a player whose ability matches our ambition

Edited by eblair
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, adam said:

Pretty simple. The blokes not good enough. But it's not his fault hes been chucked in.  Never will be good enough and will probably end up on loan at Wigan  

You're writing him off after two games, one of them being against Tottenham away with a depleted team?

Wow.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I can see this lad playing 15-20 games next season.

I hope he does though.

As much as Fuchs has been good enough, I don't want to see him keep playing when Chilwell is out.

It's about going forward as a club and players progressing.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I hope he does though.

As much as Fuchs has been good enough, I don't want to see him keep playing when Chilwell is out.

Exactly - we must look forward to get better. 2015-2016 is in the past as the Squad dynamics need to change.

2 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Exactly. I thought he looked very bright going forwards. Got a good cross on him. I wouldn't be too harsh on the defensive frailties. That side will get better. Plus he will play alongside a better CB partnership than Wes, Beano and Evans.

Rogers has said a few times he’s slight, can see his summer work being on strength and bulking up a little, will ultimately help him defensively if stronger. I fear he will go backwards if stuck in the 23s for another year. If fuchs and chilwell are fit for the new season then I’d give him a loan, recall option in January like Barnes did and assess then how a) he’s getting on and b) where the squads at etc

Edited by Lesta2014
  • Like 1

I remember when Thomas was one of the greatest players ever according to some on this forum of measured, considered views.

But he's played his second game now.

He is a brilliant prospect.  Chilwell and Fuchs are both superb in their way.

Apologies for being positive about three of our players in one post.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 performances and I'm convinced this lad is at least the 2nd best left back we have already. I don't care about the mistakes, it wasn't bad decision making, it was just unfortunate. He looks a better player than Justin to me already as well, he just looks more comfortable. The biggest thing he needs is just to develop physically. I'd be happy to keep him in the squad if he's getting 10-15 starts next season. Otherwise I'd send him on loan to the highest team that wants a  left back that just needs bulking up.

I think he would walk the championship like Chilly did.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

2 performances and I'm convinced this lad is at least the 2nd best left back we have already. I don't care about the mistakes, it wasn't bad decision making, it was just unfortunate. He looks a better player than Justin to me already as well, he just looks more comfortable. The biggest thing he needs is just to develop physically. I'd be happy to keep him in the squad if he's getting 10-15 starts next season. Otherwise I'd send him on loan to the highest team that wants a  left back that just needs bulking up.

I must admit I didn't worry about him but JJ always makes me feel a little nervous! 

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

He’s got the temperament and composure already, it’s plain to see. 

• Like 1

On 20/07/2020 at 08:39, daddylonglegs said:

He’s miscontrolled it on the edge of the opposition box and lost possession 60 yards from goal. 

9 times out of 10 it leads to nothing. He did fine!

I didn't say he was bad? 

He made a couple of mistakes, but so did chilwell when he first came into the team. 2nd one could’ve maybe should’ve been a foul.

im impressed with his delivery into the box he’ll be a decent player top and championship or maybe even in the premier league.

29 minutes ago, teblin said:

He made a couple of mistakes, but so did chilwell when he first came into the team. 2nd one could’ve maybe should’ve been a foul.

im impressed with his delivery into the box he’ll be a decent player top and championship or maybe even in the premier league.

So did Chilwell up until he got injured, regularly makes errors.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So did Chilwell up until he got injured, regularly makes errors.

Chilwell is by far the biggest ball watcher in the team. He's always watching play with zero clue where the right sided players are behind him. 

• Like 1

On 20/07/2020 at 09:31, Fox92 said:

I hope he does though.

Exactly this, playing Morgan so often last season stopped us seeing Soyuncu, and we nearly ended up wasting loads on a Maguire replacement.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

I can’t be bothered to read all of this, I just hope there isn’t a bashing of a youngster, especially a local, when there are a s*** load of senior players out there who have been utter garbage since January... 

There's been a little, but mostly the majority are just cautiously excited.

• Like 1

On 20/07/2020 at 09:41, Greg2607 said:

I played the majority of my footballing career as a left back, playing in the FA Cup qualifying rounds and a decent Midlands level.   Looking at Thomas, he is a real prospect.  His defensive positioning is generally good, he gets the right side of the attacker and intercepts cross field balls well. Chilwell lacks in this area as he relies on his pace to get back goalside and recover (which he can do fairly well) 

Thomas shows for the ball and takes it in tight situations, he has linked up well with Barnes and his crossing was strong.  Some nice clipped crosses and some lovely driven ones as well. 

At 19, being thrown into the 1st team and still having the confidence to try to affect the game, gives him a bright future in the game. 

personally, I think he has seized his opportunity well. for me, he is one of the most exciting prospects to come through the academy in recent years. 

Yeah agree he put an excellent cross in for Perez early in the Sheff game and the cut back when he looked up was pretty impressive and something some of our more experienced youngsters lack.