Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Luke Thomas

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

No they don't......only half

Off the UEFA website;

UEFA defines locally-trained or 'homegrown' players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the age of 15 and 21. Up to half of the locally-trained players must be from the club itself, with the others being either from the club itself or from other clubs in the same association.

Yes. UEFA requires 8 homegrown players from the 25-man squad have to be from the association -- half have to be from the club. So four. I was speaking specifically about the club homegrown players.

They are also stricter on U21's. We had to register Gray with the 25-man champions league squad since he hadn't been at the club long enough.

Edited by MarriedaLeicesterGirl

17 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

UEFA requires four homegrown players be from the club's youth system -- so that top line is out. I had forgotten about Knight supposedly wanting to skip a loan and fight for his place (although Blackwell seems to think he has no real future at the club) and thought Dewsbury-Hall was a year younger. 

There are two lines.  

The bottom line represents our academy players.  Coincidentally, none from the top line are from our academy.  Coincidentally,  all from the bottom line are from our academy.  It's like the layout is deliberate.

16 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Yes. UEFA requires 8 homegrown players from the 25-man squad have to be from the association -- half have to be from the club. So four. I was speaking specifically about the club homegrown players.

They are also stricter on U21's. We had to register Gray with the 25-man champions league squad since he hadn't been at the club long enough.

From the club Barnes, Hamza, Chilwell, Thomas, if Chilwell leaves, KDH not really an issue? 

Edited by coolhandfox

5 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I believe Thomas would be able to be included on List B as he was born after 1st January 1999, so doesn't need to be named as part of the Main 25 man squad, we can then either choose to include another youth player like Dewsbury-Hall or just leave the space empty

With Barnes, Hamza, Chilwell and KDH, we would then have 21 open spaces to pick and choose whoever we like

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

This lad has to be in the squad next season, looks a very tidy player. Earlier cup rounds, some European games and a few prem appearances will be more than enough for him next season.

Definitely. 

The crosses he puts in are always dangerous. Looks comfortable on the ball too. 

He was excellent today, put in 2 or 3 really good balls.

If Chilwell stays he's not going to get much game time (maybe the Europa League?).If Chilwell goes can we rely on him for 30 odd games? Probably not fair to ask.

I still think a loan would be the best for his development.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can easily be one of our 2 left backs going into the 21/22 season, and beyond. Next 12 months is key, and tricky, as I don't think he nor Fuchs are quite good enough to be starting most games if BC goes.

Needs serious work on his right foot if he is to stay around the squad. It's heart in your mouth moment whenever the ball goes near his right peg.

He does make up for it with how good his left is, brilliant crossing ability and tidy passing with it. All for nought though since that right is a constant counter attacking goal given away waiting to happen.

At the same time confidence using his weak foot under the pressure of games will only come with game experience so I say get him out on loan.

He's done very well since he came in. Definitely not good enough to be starting Prem games quite yet but has great potential. He doesn't seem to want to keep the ball much but hopefully his confidence will grow as he gets older.