Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Luke Thomas

Wow. If anyone is genuinely criticising him then they clearly having got much of a handle on what quality looks like.

I’ve been incredibly impressed. He plays forward passes even if he’s in tight areas or is playing into someone with pressure coming on. Every cross he puts in is

measured and not just a hopeful punt. And he’s linking better with Barnes down that left that Chilwell ever has.

Going to be a top player this lad.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Mark said:

I think this just highlights how important a loan is so he can make the step up, he didn't put a foot wrong for the first half hour, linking up well and created numerous chances with some great crosses. Mistakes should ideally be made at lower level (not the u23s) where he's less likely to be punished every time.

This is a great point, I don't see what benefit players get from year after year playing  u23s. Give them a season of competitive senior football and it will be great for these lads development.

59 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Didnt take long for us to get on his back did it?

Tbf the people saying "hahah sell Chilwell" were stupid. If Chilwell made those two mistakes today to lose the ball he'd be getting crucified. We miss both Ricardo and Chilwell massively. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

He looked terrific early on but visibly exhausted towards the end and no doubt the errors took something out of him. Still hugely impressive given that this time last week 99% of us wouldn't have been able to pick him out of a lineup. 

• Like 2

He looked like Chilwell when we first started bringing Chilwell on so promising all in all but you hope for better cover for him which he just didn't get today, a season on loan is probably about right 

Edited by splinterdream

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

He looked like Chilwell when we first started bringing Chilwell on so promising all in all but you hope for better cover for him which he just didn't get today, a season on loan is probably about right 

Plenty of football available for him next season with potentially Europa and cup games! 

Why are we making judgements on the kid. He's done very well considering he's our third choice left back and part of a patched up back line. Good cross on him, really pings those balls. Bennett was to blame for 2/3 goals allowing Kane to go on his strong foot. 

• Like 1

Has a quality left foot, but he contributed massively to 2 goals conceded. You can't just ignore because he's young. Sometimes you get away with mistakes, today he didn't and of course there were mistakes from other players following on from that too. I like him though, and I look forward to see him progress, appears to have decent composure going forward.