Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I hope Everton's new stadium has a rail link - I've always hated going to games in Liverpool because of the appalling access and egress.

Didn’t think Goodison was that bad on the Merseyrail, straight back in to the city centre from the Kirkdale station and only a 10 min walk away from the ground. If the new stadium is where I think it’s going to be it might be within walking distance from town but I imagine there will be extended travel links to support it given its size, as you say. 

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Didn’t think Goodison was that bad on the Merseyrail, straight back in to the city centre from the Kirkdale station and only a 10 min walk away from the ground. If the new stadium is where I think it’s going to be it might be within walking distance from town but I imagine there will be extended travel links to support it given its size, as you say. 

That makes me a goon then, or maybe I just got disorientated in the downpour in 2015!

I have to ask ... what does Thiago actually bring to this Liverpool team? I genuinely don’t really see what his role is within the team. Sky on signing were orgasming left, right and centre but having watched them regularly (the only good thing to come out of the last year is the total football tv) he just doesn’t seem to do much. 

12 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

That makes me a goon then, or maybe I just got disorientated in the downpour in 2015!

Yeah I remember walking back from Goodison in the driving rain to the Lime Street for our train back after the game. Never been drenched so much but never given fewer fvcks after the win!

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

I find Everton's spending quite concerning. I'm aware that infrastructure projects aren't part of financial fair play but what they spend just seems reckless and unsustainable. 

Usmanov has billions and billions ...... Everton are benefitting from the money that should have been spent on Arsenal .....but they chose the yanks 

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Wonder how many Liverpudians support both Everton and Liverpool..

Paul McCartney 

"Here’s the deal: my father was born in Everton, my family are officially Evertonians, so if it comes down to a derby match or an FA Cup final between the two, I would have to support Everton," Paul told Radio Merseyside.

"But after a concert at Wembley Arena I got a bit of a friendship with Kenny Dalglish, who had been to the gig and I thought 'you know what? I am just going to support them both because it’s all Liverpool and I don’t have that Catholic-Protestant thing.

"So I did have to get special dispensation from the Pope to do this but that’s it, too bad. I support them both. They are both great teams. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Usmanov has billions and billions ...... Everton are benefitting from the money that should have been spent on Arsenal .....but they chose the yanks 

The amount they spend on transfers and wages just seems dodgy to me. I honestly don't get how they pass FFP. The spend like a top club without the income of one.

53 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah I remember walking back from Goodison in the driving rain to the Lime Street for our train back after the game. Never been drenched so much but never given fewer fvcks after the win!

I was with my two young kids. Couldn't get a taxi, got completely drenched and missed train back to London. 

Spoke to the train guys to see if they would let us on the next train, said we had trouble getting back from goodison Park. They were all Liverpool fans and said as we won, of course they would let us on the next train! Got home late,  but the win took the edge off!

• Haha 2

Matchday Images Ltd Referee Darren Drysdale clashed with Ipswich midfielder Alan Judge

Referee Darren Drysdale locked heads with Ipswich midfielder Alan Judge in an extraordinary exchange during their goalless League One draw with Northampton.

The official moved his head towards the Irishman in the final moments of the match and then briefly appeared to square up to the 32-year-old, before being ushered away by Northampton's Lloyd Jones.

Judge, who had protested after being penalised for simulation, was then shown a yellow card, the fifth booking of the match. 

In the third minute of stoppage time, Town's Flynn Downes was sent off for violent conduct in an ugly end to the match.

Lowly Northampton defied the odds to secure a draw, but will be frustrated they only came away with one point instead of all three.

It lifted the Cobblers up two places, but they remain inside the relegation zone on goal difference. Ipswich, who finished with 10 men, moved up a place to 11th but are four points off the top six.

Ipswich keeper Tomas Holy had to gather a shot from Sam Hoskins and then hack clear after Troy Parrott's loose pass was seized on by Mark Marshall.

Holy smothered Jack Sowerby's effort and Luke Matheson blocked an effort by Hoskins while, with the half drawing to a close, Peter Kioso hit the post and Marshall pulled his shot wide.

James Norwood, who came on as a 71st-minute replacement for Ipswich, forced Northampton keeper Jonathan Mitchell into his first save of the game and to heap further misery on a woeful Ipswich, Flynn Downes was sent off in stoppage time after getting a second yellow card.

Mike Dean, Jon Moss - look and learn 

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Paul McCartney 

"Here’s the deal: my father was born in Everton, my family are officially Evertonians, so if it comes down to a derby match or an FA Cup final between the two, I would have to support Everton," Paul told Radio Merseyside.

"But after a concert at Wembley Arena I got a bit of a friendship with Kenny Dalglish, who had been to the gig and I thought 'you know what? I am just going to support them both because it’s all Liverpool and I don’t have that Catholic-Protestant thing.

"So I did have to get special dispensation from the Pope to do this but that’s it, too bad. I support them both. They are both great teams. 

He's way beyond football partisanship. 

9 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Matchday Images Ltd Referee Darren Drysdale clashed with Ipswich midfielder Alan Judge

Referee Darren Drysdale locked heads with Ipswich midfielder Alan Judge in an extraordinary exchange during their goalless League One draw with Northampton.

The official moved his head towards the Irishman in the final moments of the match and then briefly appeared to square up to the 32-year-old, before being ushered away by Northampton's Lloyd Jones.

Judge, who had protested after being penalised for simulation, was then shown a yellow card, the fifth booking of the match. 

In the third minute of stoppage time, Town's Flynn Downes was sent off for violent conduct in an ugly end to the match.

Lowly Northampton defied the odds to secure a draw, but will be frustrated they only came away with one point instead of all three.

It lifted the Cobblers up two places, but they remain inside the relegation zone on goal difference. Ipswich, who finished with 10 men, moved up a place to 11th but are four points off the top six.

Ipswich keeper Tomas Holy had to gather a shot from Sam Hoskins and then hack clear after Troy Parrott's loose pass was seized on by Mark Marshall.

Holy smothered Jack Sowerby's effort and Luke Matheson blocked an effort by Hoskins while, with the half drawing to a close, Peter Kioso hit the post and Marshall pulled his shot wide.

James Norwood, who came on as a 71st-minute replacement for Ipswich, forced Northampton keeper Jonathan Mitchell into his first save of the game and to heap further misery on a woeful Ipswich, Flynn Downes was sent off in stoppage time after getting a second yellow card.

Watching the video it seems the still is a bit more dramatic that the actual incident. Players from both sides surrounding the ref and then Judge squares up to the referees left side aggressively. The ref turns his head into judge and before anything else happens the Northampton players push the ref away and the Ipswich players push Judge away. I don't think there was much in it to be honest

5 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

The expansion of the East stand will make the whole thing much more unique. If we're still filling the place, then the Kop could be expanded one day, as well.

It's all very expanding the Kop one day but they haven't swapped it with the Family Stand yet.....

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, AjcW said:

Newcastle are completely ****ed if Fulham win Wednesday and Sunday. Newcastle play Man Utd and Fulham have got Burnley and Sheff U so could easily be a 1 point gap by Monday.

Darlow appears to just be staying in goal now 'because' despite having one of the leagues top keepers over the past 3 or 4 seasons on the bench and fit.

Lascelles was bad before COVID, now he's bad and can't breathe... 

Always said Ashley would never pull the trigger unless relegation was on the cards..... well.....

Fulham were totally robbed in the fixture at SJP a few months ago as well. Could end up being a difference maker.

They face each other on the final day I believe.

12 hours ago, Langston said:

It's a beautiful looking stadium, how I wish we didn't build ours in the flatpack era. 

Our ground cost £30m and we still ended up in administration a few months later. Imagine what would have happened had we borrowed £250m 😢😢

11 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

10 hours ago, FOXSE said:

I was with my two young kids. Couldn't get a taxi, got completely drenched and missed train back to London. 

Spoke to the train guys to see if they would let us on the next train, said we had trouble getting back from goodison Park. They were all Liverpool fans and said as we won, of course they would let us on the next train! Got home late,  but the win took the edge off!

I was staying in an AirBNB in a very dodgy pat of Everton for that game... wandered back looking nervously over my shoulder and dripping wet... but who cared :)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We’d have ended up in administration??

Yes but it was a little easier to come to an agreement on the £30m stadium, rather than one that had it been bespoke would have cost 5 times as much. It would have been even worse for us.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Watching the video it seems the still is a bit more dramatic that the actual incident. Players from both sides surrounding the ref and then Judge squares up to the referees left side aggressively. The ref turns his head into judge and before anything else happens the Northampton players push the ref away and the Ipswich players push Judge away. I don't think there was much in it to be honest

Having now seen it my impression is that the ref went into Wealdstone Raider mode (“you want some”) for a nanosecond before common sense kicked in 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Good for him, I think other refs need a bit of backbone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes but it was a little easier to come to an agreement on the £30m stadium, rather than one that had it been bespoke would have cost 5 times as much. It would have been even worse for us.

reminds me a bit of life of Brian ....

Crucifixion?   You’re only making it worse for yourself !!!!