Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

London: Spurs in serious debt over stadium construction – StadiumDB.com

Is this even close to being true? They must have some anticipated funds tied up against this much debt, and they have to get need CL surely?  :blink:

Edited by Dahnsouff

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Is this even close to being true? They must have some anticipated funds tied up against this much debt, and they have to get need CL surely?  :blink:

I think they were looking to rake in a lot of that money with the NFL partnership by hosting Seattle Seahawks games at their stadium for next 10 years. Covid has properly screwed them over by not having fans there, for football or NFL. 

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

.....and they'll be first to arrive at the meeting to talk about closing the CL shop guaranteeing them a spot in there.

How many votes are we allowed

Image result for School kid with their hand in the air for teacher

31 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It wouldn't be surprising. 

It cost half a ****ing billion. It was always going to be a risky investment, betting heavily on being able to continue the trend in rise in profile of the club and to use the fact its a beautiful, luxury stadium in a leading city to generate as much revenue as possible form non-Tottenham Hotspur events. 

Covid has absolutely hammered that, they've lost the NFL, lost any potential concerts, boxing matches, whatever the fvck else they were hoping for. 

They've never been the wealthiest club in the world, the success they did have wasn't built off injections from a billionaire it was well managed reinvestment of Bale and Champions League money. I mean, they don't have Arsenal's commercial revenue and Arsenal were hit hard for years after building the Emirates. 

I was surprised when they coughed up for Ndombele if I'm honest, I thought the stadium would kill any real investment in the playing staff. But I'll be really surprised if they don't now seriously cut back in transfer funds over the next couple windows. I can see them cashing in on Kane and Son and then the dream is basically over. They're back to same old mid table Spurs. Then the stadium becomes an even bigger white elephant. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It wouldn't be surprising. 

It cost half a ****ing billion. It was always going to be a risky investment, betting heavily on being able to continue the trend in rise in profile of the club and to use the fact its a beautiful, luxury stadium in a leading city to generate as much revenue as possible form non-Tottenham Hotspur events. 

Covid has absolutely hammered that, they've lost the NFL, lost any potential concerts, boxing matches, whatever the fvck else they were hoping for. 

They've never been the wealthiest club in the world, the success they did have wasn't built off injections from a billionaire it was well managed reinvestment of Bale and Champions League money. I mean, they don't have Arsenal's commercial revenue and Arsenal were hit hard for years after building the Emirates. 

I was surprised when they coughed up for Ndombele if I'm honest, I thought the stadium would kill any real investment in the playing staff. But I'll be really surprised if they don't now seriously cut back in transfer funds over the next couple windows. I can see them cashing in on Kane and Son and then the dream is basically over. They're back to same old mid table Spurs. Then the stadium becomes an even bigger white elephant. 

Exactly, this was my thought. It sounded like they may have been banking on future League and CL money as part of their growth strategy. I am sure they could offset these debts against even longer term debts, but it will get to a point where all income is close to be accounted for in advance you would suspect.

The rumours of Spurs (Levy) also wanting Rodgers should Jose not get them into the CL or at least EL are also questionable due to payoffs required to both Jose (35m) and releasing Brendan from his contract and salary.

Worrying times for Spurs, at least from the outside looking in

7 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

To be fair that stadium is spectacular, but the picture in the article (don’t know how to post it) just begs for a massive pair of arse cheeks to appear overhead lol

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Exactly, this was my thought. It sounded like they may have been banking on future League and CL money as part of their growth strategy. I am sure they could offset these debts against even longer term debts, but it will get to a point where all income is close to be accounted for in advance you would suspect.

The rumours of Spurs (Levy) also wanting Rodgers should Jose not get them into the CL or at least EL are also questionable due to payoffs required to both Jose (35m) and releasing Brendan from his contract and salary.

They won't be screwed but if they don't get Europe a big sale might be on the cards I reckon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Good for him, I think other refs need a bit of backbone.

I'm a critic of referees (more to do with the way they operate like Mike Dean and Jon Moss) but the reception they receive is disgraceful. Players running up and confronting them, abusing them, managers blaming them for results and even seasons not going well. We had a good laugh in Braga with Schmeichel loudly chastising the ref but it was ridiculous to hear a player be so ugly and incessant in his language towards an official.

An old cliche but they are human beings, human beings who will always upset half the participants. So he gave a bit back? Big deal. The players probably said and did far worse.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

I'm a critic of referees (more to do with the way they operate like Mike Dean and Jon Moss) but the reception they receive is disgraceful. Players running up and confronting them, abusing them, managers blaming them for results and even seasons not going well. We had a good laugh in Braga with Schmeichel loudly chastising the ref but it was ridiculous to hear a player be so ugly and incessant in his language towards an official.

An old cliche but they are human beings, human beings who will always upset half the participants. So he gave a bit back? Big deal. The players probably said and did far worse.

Exactly. Paul Lambert's comments mention players keeping their emotions in check so the fact he thinks players do that, shows the treatment refs get is ridiculous. As you've pointed out, Mike Dean deserves no respect, but if a player confronts the ref he needs to be booked. I'll allow for the emotion immediately after a decision so if they swear you let it go, but if they still do they after being warned, dish out the cards. Would soon stop it.

Just now, StanSP said:

How long for? 

Is it until a certain percentage can go? What if fans go back at different times for different clubs? 

What am I? Gary Hoffman?  lol

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Levy looked like a financial genius building that amazing stadium but Covid really boot stomped him.. 

I'm not seeing any big signings this Summer.

Just now, StanSP said:

GIVE ME THE ANSWERS AND DON'T ANSWER A QUESTION WITH A QUESTION! 

(who's Gary Hoffman?) 

‘Everyone can go back once April is here. Except you.’

Gary Hoffman, 17th February 2020

r/soccer - UEFA Club Competitions - New Format: An Illustrated Guide

Think this deserves to go here, it's the way clubs are allocated into Europe next season. Bit hard to follow, but if this was applied this season, we'd have played one game less I believe, as Europa group winners are guaranteed to miss Champions League 3rd place teams. 

The biggest change is finishing 3rd in the Europa qualifies you for a super mickey mouse European which every Premier League team will be trying to crash out of at the first available opportunity. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Think this deserves to go here, it's the way clubs are allocated into Europe next season. Bit hard to follow, but if this was applied this season, we'd have played one game less I believe, as Europa group winners are guaranteed to miss Champions League 3rd place teams. 

The biggest change is finishing 3rd in the Europa qualifies you for a super mickey mouse European which every Premier League team will be trying to crash out of at the first available opportunity. 

What are uefa smoking? There is zero interest in europa conference leauge. Its a competition no one asked for.

• Like 4

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

What are uefa smoking? There is zero interest in europa conference leauge. Its a competition no one asked for.

European Berlingo Vans League for those in 4th next if this 3rd place league get any viewers

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

So basically win your groups in all competitions