Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

When players get seriously injured, and other players look visibly concerned, it makes a mockery of diving and, nowadays, screaming even more.

We are so aware about injuries nowadays, especially head injuries, that it’s about time players started getting consistently booked/fined for screaming and/or faking injury. 

Nice idea but simply won't happen. An armpit being offside is more important to the rule makers than player welfare

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

They seemed to decide upon the amount of stoppage time before the end of the actual stoppage...weird.

I've had a mare here. Think I may need an HIA myself after posting this lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A lot of chat in the media about how liverpool have kept clean sheets now that they have two centre backs who are actually centre backs and a proper CDM in front of them 

fair point but I saw a lot of that game last night and a side with better strikers would have scored more than one .....

1 hour ago, Bert said:

On the basis of what though? Because he was shit for us? Granted the way he backs in can be dangerous at times. But he’s the best English striker/finisher since Alan Shearer. 

Also you never see him in the media for anything bad. Just seems to play, go home and live a normal family life. Seems like a decent enough guy to me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

This is quality.

The Gary Monk one did me lol and I'm sure you lot will appreciate the Chris Wilder one too ;)

You need to click on it for the thread.

He absolutely has Steve Bruce nailed on.

11 hours ago, Fox92 said:

When players get seriously injured, and other players look visibly concerned, it makes a mockery of diving and, nowadays, screaming even more.

We are so aware about injuries nowadays, especially head injuries, that it’s about time players started getting consistently booked/fined for screaming and/or faking injury. 

This is spot on. I remember a lad from Honduras (Garrido I think?) got his leg broken from a tackle where his knee went backward. The guy who he tackled, actually dived, screamed and rolled around as if he was seriously injured, while the other lad had this pretty serious injury. As you rightly say, it’s a mockery 

• Like 1

Watching sky sports ref watch and they’re analysing the Moutinho incident when he was pushed by TAA. There are loads of free kicks given all over the pitch with a lot less obvious contact which frustrates the hell out of most of us.

For me the refs need to judge every foul by asking themselves if they would give a penalty for that. Hopefully will get rid of most of these crappy cheap/soft fouls refs constantly give.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Also you never see him in the media for anything bad. Just seems to play, go home and live a normal family life. Seems like a decent enough guy to me.

Exactly my point. 

Vaguely know one of the media guys at Spurs. Says he’s absolutely first class. 

I genuinely believe most Leicester fans hatred of him is because his loan spell here wasn’t successful and he scores against us most times he plays. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

Exactly my point. 

Vaguely know one of the media guys at Spurs. Says he’s absolutely first class. 

I genuinely believe most Leicester fans hatred of him is because his loan spell here wasn’t successful and he scores against us most times he plays. 

Not for me Bert. I am indifferent of his time here (he was young) and his on field behaviour is what he should be viewed on. I am unsure if this backing into players whilst jumping is a thing that came with Mourinho, but it is pretty nasty and unsafe. I also read he is a decent bloke, and there is no reason to dispute that, but the point is true, one thing need not be related to another.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not for me Bert. I am indifferent of his time here (he was young) and his on field behaviour is what he should be viewed on. I am unsure if this backing into players whilst jumping is a thing that came with Mourinho, but it is pretty nasty and unsafe. I also read he is a decent bloke, and there is no reason to dispute that, but the point is true, one thing need not be related to another.

People seem to forget that he played most of his games on the wing for us too.

Wish he’d ditch playing a back three. None of those fullbacks make convincing wingbacks.

Puts more stress on the central midfield players too and they’re quite limited, generally. Their creative responsibilities increase and they’re not those sorts of players.

Almost all of those players play in 4231, 433 systems and given the limited time international managers have with theirs squads it makes more sense to create a familiar set up. The FA need to be more meritocratic and ruthless.

• Like 3

On 16/03/2021 at 03:55, RowlattsFox said:

I initially thought Wolves were screwed over a little by the time but then realised most of the stoppage was in 'dead' minutes, where the game would have been finished. 

Generally it baffles me how off the stoppage time usually is. I swear they still do it Sunday league style where they chuck on whatever they fancy. 

regular 0-0 game, no injuries  (standard 3 mins added on, without fail) 

Leicester score 4 goals in a half against sheffield .... 2 minutes to save their blushes. It’s simply unprofessional... nobody complains because the game is obviously won but just keep it consistent. 

Is it that hard to have someone who tracks the time of every game? If you are 1-0 down and a tram keeps faking injuries, you never get that time back. Which is exactly why it happens so often. 

• Like 1