Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, FOXSE said:

I am really confused. It's now Leeds 4-3 Fulham. But I thought Fulham were relegated 15 minutes ago! Weird.

If you can tune out the media bias for three seconds, it will be apparent that both teams currently playing are kind of crap. :)

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

That back line won’t be able to sustain a top 6 push. They’ll have plenty going forwards but the top 6 pushes in recent years from ourselves and Wolves, even including Burnley when they finished 7th, have been built on solid defences. 

If there was a man to sort out a team defensively though you’d back Ancelotti all day, but we’ll see. 

I mean he's already turned Calvert-Lewin into a decent striker, if he can manage that the defense should be a piece of piss. lol

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Bamford seems like their Okazaki, his work goes unnoticed outside and he does some dodgy shit but watch him closely and you can see why Leeds fans like him. 

Certainly isn’t the greatest striker in the Premier League but he makes the most of what he is. He’s changed my opinion on him in the first couple of weeks of the season. 

Agree. I didn’t think he’d have it in him at all. He reminds me of Chris Wood. 

Leeds will only stay up on the basis that they play good football, defend like this regularly then they won’t do as well as their fans think.

Most promoted teams always need that goalscorer that will help keep them up, Premier League experience in defence though can also be crucial, as seen with us when we got Huth in.

Leeds, Fulham and West Brom don’t have anybody like that.

• Like 1

Mitrovic deserves better than this, surely? I know he's a headcase at times but he's better than Fulham finishing, in all likelihood, 19th/20th again.

I've been wondering for a while too who Ian Darke, the BT commentator, sounds like- Steve Wright on Radio 2.