Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

I can’t help but think every time a “big six” team wins, there’s a sense of injustice about it. If they don’t punish them all by docking points, then the FA are equally as bad as those who came up with the super league and have failed the fans they vowed to represent. 

VAR absolutely destroyed the last 10 minutes of that match. Every decision seemed to take an age, if var wasn't there then spurs probably still win 2-1 and you potentially get an exciting end to the game, rather than spending the best part of 10 minutes with nothing interesting going on. God I really do hate var now, whoever benefits or doesn't really doesn't bother me just the whole thing is ruining the spectacle. 

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Blimey, now 4 teams 3 or fewer points behind us. Pressure is properly on now.

If that's still the case after our 1-2 games in hand on our rivals then we've had a mare and it's probably over for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

If that's still the case after our 1-2 games in hand on our rivals then we've had a mare and it's probably over for us.

If we're still in this position by 10pm next Friday we've had a shocker.

Not playing when others do weakens our position unless Saints win which was unlikely.

• Like 1

I wouldn't argue that was a Spurs pen' but what bugs me is what made Bale pulling a player to the ground earlier in the game NOT a pen'? Anywhere else on the pitch that's a foul, right? He's also entirely aware of what he's doing. That kind of unclear and inconsistency that I don't get. 

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Just checked the table. Tottenham are 5 points behind and have played 2 more games than us, so it turns out they are not coming for us.

3pts behind us and played 2 more games.

We can't dismiss them just yet.

Just now, Gerard said:

We need to win our own games. We've been given a massive favour the last few games. I genuinely thought we'd be out of the top 4 before we played next. 2 wins and we're in an incredibly strong position with 5 to play.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Yes, was too eager, still in the fight, certainly should we slip.