Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

19 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Problem is @Koke and this is not intended to offend @UpTheLeagueFox but you're talking to a sports journalist. Have you ever heard any journo ask the sort of question you would ask if you got the chance post match or pre match? No, it's the same template questions every week. I've never seen a journo asked to leave a press conference and for good reason, they almost never ask anything remotely in line with what a fan would ask/want to say.

Geoff despised Puel but he wouldn't have said Boo to him in a presser because it's just not the done thing for whatever reason.

Managers like Klopp moan at the slightest sign of a challenging question post/pre match, can you imagine how they would handle it if post match was just a zoom call with 8 fans?!? lol 

There's clearly a rule book and a template to follow, Journalists do most of their open criticism on twitter but wouldn't dare repeat it in a presser... i've no idea why.

My assumption would be that they are representing an company who relies on getting invites to these press conferences 

they don’t want to have a situation where they are barred or not invited to them 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Had we obtained those 62 points last season more evenly, or started the season poorly and then shown top 2 form for the final 20 games and snuck in to 5th place right at the death then this gaff would be right up Rodgers and the teams harris's and especially when following up that with what we are doing this season.

I put it to you that there'd be a decent number of people saying 'yeah but if we'd started the season better....' 

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

I'm not getting complacent more disheartened and disillusioned as the emphasis on most people's minds is chase the money.

I'm not that hooked being one of the  big 6 otherwise you can end up being part of a group that I despise somewhat. I've enjoyed many years of football slumming it with the also rans and I'd rather lose those players than become part of some elite which is at the expense of the greater pyramid of football. 

I'd rather see us as a club championing equality throughout the game but I guess I'm in the minority.

I suppose I'm starting to question what we're about as football club and do I want to be part of it. It all just seems to stink of £££££££s at any cost.

These greedy owners of the world's top clubs are doing what they are doing because they see the future and it is one of increased parity. Leicester won the league and are pushing for top 4 again this season. West Ham could easily displace Chelsea or Liverpool. Barca and Real Madrid are drowning in debt and can't go out and make huge splashes in the transfer market. 

The owners of historic/rich clubs want to take their ball and go home because they are being threatened. Leicester can provide an alternate route to current/prospective owners of football clubs on how to get what they want - trophies, champions league football, etc. by utilizing a method that better treats its supporters, players, and community. 

If we go back to being a championship / yo-yo club, then our owner's project will have failed. It will prove to the world that the only way to succeed is the man city approach. Success in England/Europe will be dictated by how much revenue your club makes, how rich your owners are, and how good your lawyers are at bypassing FFP.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Yeah, just remembered we're playing on Monday!

Less than ideal that!

The worst thing is that our opponents have big breaks before playing us.

Leicester (4 days since previous game) vs West Brom (10 days since previous game)

Leicester (4 days since previous game) vs Crystal Palace (16 days since previous game)

Southampton (9 days since previous game) vs Leicester (4 days since previous game)

It will be a minor miracle if we get 9 points. 6-9 points out of those 3 matches would be a fantastic return, even if the opposition on paper is more than beatable. Chelsea didn't beat Brighton, West Ham lost to Newcastle. No games are easy.

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Leicester (4 days since previous game) vs West Brom (10 days since previous game)

Leicester (4 days since previous game) vs Crystal Palace (16 days since previous game)

Southampton (9 days since previous game) vs Leicester (4 days since previous game)

It will be a minor miracle if we get 9 points. 6-9 points out of those 3 matches would be a fantastic return, even if the opposition on paper is more than beatable. Chelsea didn't beat Brighton, West Ham lost to Newcastle. No games are easy.

we'll be match fitter then

9 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Palace and Southampton should be on the beach though, I can't see Fulham getting 36 points, especially when they've still got Chelsea and United. If we can't get 6 points from those 3 games then we don't deserve top 4.

I think WBA tomorrow will be the tough one.

14 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I don't classify beating W Brom, Palace & Southampton as a minor miracle by any stretch of imagination.

Beating those three would be my expectation of a top four club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I see the television companies not helping us - play Monday and then Friday, 8pm v Southampton 

but we get a longer break before the FA cup final. Chelsea play away at Man City on the Saturday at 5:30 so least we have a bit more time to prep / recover. 

We coped with weekend and mid week games through the winter with a lot of injuries. Quite a few of our squad are relatively fresh having missed so many games, so I'm hoping that most aren't as fatigued as they could have been and what is at stake will drive them on so we win the FA Cup and finish 3rd.

Edited by MGLCFC

17 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

but we get a longer break before the FA cup final. Chelsea play away at Man City on the Saturday at 5:30 so least we have a bit more time to prep / recover. 

There are midweek fixtures after the Newcastle game and before the final as well though.

Edited by KrefelderFox666

22 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I don't classify beating W Brom, Palace & Southampton as a minor miracle by any stretch of imagination.

Beating those three would be my expectation of a top four club.

Fingers crossed we can turn up but a lot of people are almost expecting 4 wins from the next 4 games. Would be exceptional if we managed that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Who's daughter is that? Can't be steve Walsh can it, he never won the premier league? 

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm pretty sure it's Steve Walsh the scout.

This! 

Probably more too it, but Chris Powell having to act as 'Assistant' to a 29 year old with no experience, doesn't sit well with me. Absolutely no reason he shouldn't have been appointed interim head coach ahead of Mason, they're both Spurs through and through so that's not the reasoning.