Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Pep's a moany bastard ain't he. Sometimes as bad as Klopp.

He is as bad as Klopp. Look at the way he’s reacting, over the top. It’s a red card clear as day.

39 minutes ago, brucey said:

I suspect some teams may start intentionally bottling the last game of the season, if the only options are either the tinpot Conference League or no Europe.

No chance. They would rather be in the conference league than nothing in order to maintain their coefficient. Could be an easy way back into the UCL

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We need to win our own games. We've been given a massive favour the last few games. I genuinely thought we'd be out of the top 4 before we played next. 2 wins and we're in an incredibly strong position with 5 to play.

Absolutely. This round of fixtures has given us a huge opportunity to increase our lead and then follow that up hopefully on Monday. We then play 1st in the next 2 game weeks away at Southampton and Newcastle on Friday evening and gives us more opportunity to maintain our relentless pursuit of a top 4 finish. 

I thought we'd experience part or full weeks of being out of the top 4 but that's not yet happening which is a huge boost.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Accidental handball is still a thing .......... 

Didn't they change the ruling back half way through the season? I like the fact they used the word "deemed" lol. Suggesting it's subjective again and based on the ref's whim. 

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It was only a few minutes before 😂

If that was a Man City player rather than Cash you can bet that Pep would still react to the sending off like someone had just run over his dog. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Accidental handball is still a thing .......... 

maybe so but I didn’t see one in this instance, he had his arms away from his body and his hands was above his shoulder

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Plenty of journalists have been banned because they've written stories or asked questions the clubs / managers / players don't like.

Doesn't this weirdly defend his position? Journalists need access to do their job. Like you rightly say this has happened (some who've actually been fans of the club have been banned from the grounds) but doesn't that fear of access dissuade some journalists from pushing a difficult line of questioning? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Doesn't this weirdly defend his position? Journalists need access to do their job. Like you rightly say this has happened (some who've actually been fans of the club have been banned from the grounds) but doesn't that fear of access dissuade some journalists from pushing a difficult line of questioning? 

Proper journalists will ask questions without fear of being banned.

But there's ways and means of doing it.

Sometimes you have to go in hard but often you can probe without looking like you have an agenda.

Nigel Pearson, for example, would never have an issue with a tough question if put in the right way and I think most managers are similar.

Of course some reporters will avoid controversial topics to avoid being banned but they're conning their employers (and readers/listeners/viewers) IMHO.

• Like 2