Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Gresley Fox said:

What the hell is this??! And 9 Changes shocking.. they should get a fine, for not putting out strong team..... Very strong still with 9 changes but!! FfS show respect for the league

Screenshot_2021-05-08-17-07-01-81.jpg

I am not sure that BBC have got the formation right there! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Pep has made 9 changes for the match v Chelsea, significantly more than Tuchel.  Not sure that Man City will get the win we want here with no KDB, Foden, Mahrez, Gundogan, etc. Was hoping he would go much stronger.

Can't believe it. De Brunye not even in squad. Mahrez, Foden on bench at least.

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Guardiola can pick any team he wants.

We've got no right to moan about others after our disgrace last night.

We didn't field a weakened team intentionally.

Although watching us play you might think we had.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just about sums up things for us. We play teams playing for nothing and they go as strong as they can and maximum effort. Man city can win a title and they play their reserves.

absolute nobberz

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

We'll probably win the last 3 games now.

I.never cease to be amazed that lifelong football fans still.don't understand that the whole sport is heavily influenced by form, confidence, fitness, luck and the unexpected. 

Being spanked by Newcastle and then winning  the last 3 and a cup final is entirely normal,.plausible and realistic football behaviour 

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I.never cease to be amazed that lifelong football fans still.don't understand that the whole sport is heavily influenced by form, confidence, fitness, luck and the unexpected. 

Being spanked by Newcastle and then winning  the last 3 and a cup final is entirely normal,.plausible and realistic football behaviour 

I think the issue is that our form and confidence has taken a blow at the worst possible time. 

we could really do with a tired Man U not really going for our game and letting us find a way to scrape by. We will be desperate to go into the final on a high note. 

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Just about sums up things for us. We play teams playing for nothing and they go as strong as they can and maximum effort. Man city can win a title and they play their reserves.

absolute nobberz

What odds there'll be 2 out of 3 weakened sides in Manchester the next 7 days and neither will be playing us.

29 minutes ago, Corky said:

Guardiola can pick any team he wants.

We've got no right to moan about others after our disgrace last night.

I wasn't moaning because we rely on them to win. You should never be relying on teams to win, especially given we've played Southampton and Newcastle, but he's fielded a weakened team basically. Holloway got fined about 20k for that when he did with with Blackpool.

Edit: Although I do believe a manager can pick whatever team he wants, that's why he has a squad.

Edited by Fox92

Have to laugh at people moaning about Man City playing a weakened side.

Why shouldn't they? If we were garenteed a top 4 finish wouldn't you want us to rest players leading into the FA cup final? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I've seen enough of Chelsea already to know that they'll beat us. 

I'm sure Wigan fans were thinking the same thing when watching Man City in 2013.

Edited by Nalis

Ahhh It’s just clicked why man city have done this. They obviously don’t want to give Chelsea a dress rehearsal before the champions league final. Keep there tricks locked up until the big game, I guess that makes sense 

Guest bennytwohats
3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Have to laugh at people moaning about Man City playing a weakened side.

Why shouldn't they? If we were garenteed a top 4 finish wouldn't you want us to rest players leading into the FA cup final? 

The same people licking their lips at the prospect of United needing to rest players on Wednesday no less