Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

7 minutes ago, Guest said:

Again I'm a bit surprised there's much controversy about that red. Pretty much the same as the Christensen one yesterday except the forward didn't fall over. Last man foul + no attempt to play the ball = red card

For me its less than a clear goalscoring opportunity than the Mane one, they were both holding each other as well. Letter of the law you're probably right but it's such a shit way to get a red card. Need some new rules that actually make a difference, maybe award a penalty in that situation even if it's outside the box, award indirect free kicks for accidental handballs etc

This game was going to be shit anyway but the red card will make it worse. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I guess football and professional sport in general will be left untouched in any new coronavirus restrictions? Unless there is a full scale lockdown. 

Agreed but despite evidence that outdoor infection is extremely difficult, I'd imagine the govt will take relish in extending the ban of that particular winter enjoyment for us all as 'punishment'

49 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Poor defending and It’s a foul. Not sure if it’s a red, mind. However, I’m pleased to see them punish players that are holding opponents now. 

But they're not it happens unpunished numerous times in all games. I still get angryish when I think back to the Drinkwater and Simpson cards every time see the same of worse go unpunished.

This and obstruction when shepherding a ball out of play are my two current pet hates.

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

But they're not it happens unpunished numerous times in all games. I still get angryish when I think back to the Drinkwater and Simpson cards every time see the same of worse go unpunished.

This and obstruction when shepherding a ball out of play are my two current pet hates.

I agree but it's good this incident by Sheffield Utd (regardless of whether it's actually a red card or not) plus the one yesterday when Mane was through were both pulled up as fouls.

Also agree about shepherding the ball out of play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

Wish they'd bring in a rule where anybody who goes down like they've been snipered and stays down for more than a few seconds must leave the pitch for 5mins (and be replaced in the meantime, sin bin-esque)

100% this.  Can we add to that - any player that goes down holding their face when their face has not been touched should be given a suspension?  Isn't that "attempting to deceive an official" which is already a bannable offense in regards to going down in the box?

Edited by Bats8711

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Sheffield will go down this season? 

Probably in a minority.  But you could be a sage.  Start a Twitter account in case:  lambfromenderby.  If you're not from Enderby, you could change the last bit.

31 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

McNeill rolling about clutching his face after 10 minutes should lead to exposure by pundits and thus embarrass him sufficiently. Rank cheating and time wasting. 

Problem is so many pundits did it themselves they don't what to appear as hypocrites, biased yes but not hypocrites.