Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Record what? 

If you're on about goals scored in a single gameweek we needed 11 from the two games today. 

Think it was the goals per game record. Thought I heard on commentary earlier that there was a record to be broken if 2 more goals were scored while it was 2-0.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

Government now has to start supporting lower league clubs, they are being denied the chance to serve customers and open their business.

Nice to see football doesn't live in a bubble, and in fact parallels the real world of trickle down economics. Those at the bottom need govt aid to stay alive, while those at the top have enough resources to finance a lower league club.

I can't eloquently develop this analogy to championship clubs reflecting the squeezed middle class - but the idea of working hard and aspiring to join the big boys fits somehow

16 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Bit weird, but watching highlights last night I couldn't help but think Aaron Connelly is modeling himself in the likeness of Iain Hume

Newcastle-United-v-Brighton--Hove-Albion

No. 7, head shape looks similar and he's even gone for the fractured skull scar chic

I can't unsee that lol 

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

Sterling goes down 'expecting' contact but isn't booked for diving because there was no contact at all. 

Why do referees not 'clamp down' on this like they're meant to? Especially given VAR can review it. Should be empowered to give yellows for simulation/diving after reviews if necessary.

It's like how defenders can be booked for a foul, but then it turns out to be a dive anyway and the booking is rescinded. Why can't it work the other way?

The rules of the game actively encourage players to dive. If you play the numbers game you have far more to gain than lose by diving. It's been that way for years as well - makes you wonder why. There's no way it's accidental.

11 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Why is Sterling not being booked for diving there?

11 hours ago, Hammo said:

Not only does Sterling not get a yellow for a blatant dive but not a word of criticism from the commentators about it. Shameful.

Sterling is one of the worse for diving. I don't think he's as bad as what he used to be but it's constant with him.

Edited by Fox92

For those wondering why me appear to be skint in terms of making transfers, this might go some way to explaining why?

Admittedly Chelsea and Everton have been among the biggest spenders, so maybe not that accurate, but then again they have gasoline money to use...

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1