Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

The noise around Thiago yesterday was deafening. MOST COMPLETED PASSES IN A HALF OF FOOTBALL- against ten men who were mostly pinned in their own area. He also gave away a penalty.

Mane must be so pissed off, he scored a great header and made the second through his own hard work only to find the new guy get all the headlines for turning up.

Turned on Sky Sports earlier by accident tonight and sitting through this analysis.... does anybody actually enjoy watching what they talk about? I cant help but just roll my eyes constantly, it's all just way too over the top and knit picky. "So and so had 6.45 successful dribbles at home in the oppositions half on average compared to 7.82 the season before" Honestly who cares?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Turned on Sky Sports earlier by accident tonight and sitting through this analysis.... does anybody actually enjoy watching what they talk about? I cant help but just roll my eyes constantly, it's all just way too over the top and knit picky. "So and so had 6.45 successful dribbles at home in the oppositions half on average compared to 7.82 the season before" Honestly who cares?

Yeah doesn't bother me any more. 

Same as the xG thing. Not interested. 

14 minutes ago, Walkers said:

It saves them from have to do proper analysis of tactics, player form and influence in real terms. They just pick out some obscure stats to fill in the air time to make it look like they know hat they're talking about for when they're not talking about or showing a 'big six' game.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah doesn't bother me any more. 

Same as the xG thing. Not interested. 

The last 3/4 years stats have been more important than performance 

I hate to think that the new generation of players will be afraid to try a cutting through ball as they don’t want a negative pass stat. Or a young striker will be brought up not shooting from outside the box for fear of a shot off target. 

The trend has moved to every club focusing on the players stats to find hidden gems. But I have a feeling the real finds are going to be managers that can spot the stat adverse players. A player that is really beneficial to the team but is brave in how they play so racks up bad numbers 

Edited by Lambert09

Bloody hell, that's a bit of a 50/50 call on the red card!

Seemed like they were both at each other. Hard to deny Watkins gets to that ball 1-on-1 with the keeper without the arms though.

...right call? *hides*

Edited by OntarioFox

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Sheffield will go down this season? 

I said it before season started. Think they’ll follow other clubs to come up and have a good first season then go down. 

Squad looks so poor and limited attacking threat. 

Edited by Fox92

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Sheffield will go down this season? 

They did look very poor in the first game, and were a bit off the pace post-lockdown too. We beat them comfortably even during our own collapse, which says a lot.

Second season syndrome could bite. Time will tell.

Edited by OntarioFox