Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I’m not sure WBA are worse on what I have seen so far. I think Burnley are in real trouble this season.

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Burnley are going to struggle this season. Fortunately for them Fulham and WBA are even worse, so they should be fine as they'll pick up a few wins.

No chance of Burnley going down. They won't with Dyche in charge. You could give him a team of conference players and he'd still guide them to 17th. You watch, they'll go on a run of 1-0 wins when they get their injured players back and finish somewhere around 10th place.

We can but dream though.

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

But then look at the Fofana, Castagne and Under threads at the same time. Chilwell departure allowes these 3 to be brought in.

We're yet to see Fofana or Under though - they might turn out to be flops.

8 hours ago, Phube said:

The ‘Hames’ w**kest is going to be unbearable!! :nono:

There's still time that his time will turn into a Di Maria story :sweating: Or if he keeps up this form, he likely won't stay at Everton for long.

9 hours ago, Kasey Keller said:

Wilsons gonna keep Newcastle up single handily 

Newcastle were comfortably clear of relegation last season with a goal scoring striker. Wilson will just make them even more comfortable.

Just read the stat on motd that Chilwell is only the third player to score and assist on their Premier league debut. But its not his premier league debut?

And I dont believe he's only the third when making his debut for a new club.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Just read the stat on motd that Chilwell is only the third player to score and assist on their Premier league debut. But its not his premier league debut?

And I dont believe he's only the third when making his debut for a new club.

It really annoyed me last night when they went through the line ups before the cm game and one of the pundits and the commentator both said Chilwell was making his Premier League debut.

its only been 4 years and about a hundred games but hey.

Moise Kean has tested positive for covid now.

I'm confused. He was on the bench yesterday, and they have test before each match, so hevwas obviously clear. So what was the purpose of this new test? Was he showing symptoms yesterday? Which means he shouldn't have been on the bench. Timeline just doesn't seem to fit.

EDIT: I was wrong, he wasn't on the bench yesterday.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm confused. I don't think the Sterling comment is anything bad? It purely could just be a preference. I don't think it's a dig at us and I think some fans of ours like to make everything about us..

More chips in here than Grimsby fisheries on a Saturday evening Stan  ........

• Haha 1

You cannot honestly  expect to be taken seriously as a BIG club unless as fans we demonstrate a bitter, indignant victim mentality at every opportunity.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm confused. I don't think the Sterling comment is anything bad? It purely could just be a preference. I don't think it's a dig at us and I think some fans of ours like to make everything about us... 

What did Sterling say, I haven't heard it?

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

What did he say?

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What did Sterling say, I haven't heard it?

He was asked 'do you enjoy that sort of contest' after their game yesterday. 

His response was  'I think that's a great way to play, I prefer playing against teams like that than, you know, teams sitting 11 behind the ball' 

No mention of us or specifically their previous game anyway. 

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

His response was  'I think that's a great way to play, I prefer playing against teams like that than, you know, teams sitting 11 behind the ball' 

I’d prefer drawing 1-1 than losing 5-2 as well. 

58 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Everton look very strong.

Yes I agree, but I wonder if they say that about us. Similar start fixture wise to us. Played away and won at a traditional top 6 team. Beaten a promoted team by 3 goals (albeit against 10 men for a full half) and have beaten 2 mid to lower half teams. If we beat West Ham today, I would like to think the rest of the League might take us seriously.

5 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Yes I agree, but I wonder if they say that about us. Similar start fixture wise to us. Played away and won at a traditional top 6 team. Beaten a promoted team by 3 goals (albeit against 10 men for a full half) and have beaten 2 mid to lower half teams. If we beat West Ham today, I would like to think the rest of the League might take us seriously.

Regardless of today's result, I think the PL coaches all take us seriously. When the bit is between our teeth, we are capable of inflicting morale sapping defeats and I genuinely think other teams are wary of this.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I'm confused. I don't think the Sterling comment is anything bad? It purely could just be a preference. I don't think it's a dig at us and I think some fans of ours like to make everything about us... 

We'd obviously all prefer to play against teams that suited our game, but given the Man City comments recently you can understand that we feel we might've been in the discussion.

Watching the Leeds highlights, some game that looked. Have to admire Leeds playing that way against them. Despite all the plaudits for it, the fact remains we set up far more negatively in shape but ultimately or tactics enabled us to win 5-2. 

Guardiola having a dig at full time about Leeds looking to play, and they did, but only a point for it. 

The only gripe I'd have is that when weve played open and gone toe-to-toe with them we get comfortably beaten. Yet we have better players than Leeds? May be the momentum of playing that way for a couple of years still driving them on to over achieve. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Aaah I see. I honestly think that Man City and a lot of the press didn't cognitively accept or acknowledge what we did to them last week. It was as if the frustration and bitterness of when teams come and defend and spoil kicked in instead of actually admitting to what they were subjected to. 

Man City took the game to us in the opening 25-30 mins, just like they did vs Leeds. The difference was that we picked Man City off with a style of play that was efficiency personified. Leeds didn't change from how they play and in cases like this its as if adapting to the situation and getting a result is a kind of dirty tactic, yet when a team struggles against a stubborn opposition and don't have another plan then they are criticised for being too predictable.

Not that it really matters, let's keep pissing people off again. Hopefully the penny has dropped for Rodgers as that blend of the way we play depending on the opposition could be lethal.

• Like 1