Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

8 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Players shouldn't be able to touch officials full stop. Then there's no ambiguity and everything is clear.

Touching the officials tends to be done by players of big teams and psychologically touching a person can be used to gain trust on a subconscious level and should not be allowed.

The rules apparently state that if you touch an official then it’s a automatic yellow card 

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

The rules apparently state that if you touch an official then it’s a automatic yellow card 

Do you remember when di Canio pushed the ref and the ref did an exaggerated step back and fake tumble.  That ref should have booked himself for diving... anyone got a clip,?

Edited by foxinsocks

16 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

That is the rule, but its not applied, ever. I agree that if it is the rule then it should be applied without fail every single time it occurs, but it doesn't. In fact I don't think I've ever seen a booking for a player putting their hand on the referee in a non aggressive way. Its happened numerous times and never been mentioned before, but suddenly it happens to a female official and its an issue. I find that extremely patronising to Massey-Ellis, to imply she's different, that she require special treatment.

Referees get a lot of stick, and rightly so, but I think most know how to keep things calm in a game, and they aren't go to start welding yellows because a players has put his hand on their shoulder in relatively friendly gesture.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arkie Bennett said:

It was a good long pass by Kane to release Son for the goal, but the fawning over Kane by the commentators was a bit excessive.

This year's version of Harry Kane is the best I've seen.  Defenses have no clue how to take away both him and Son.

• Like 1