urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

To me it comes across as an attempted display of power, she starts to walk away and he tries to move her back towards him by her neck. Completely inappropriate. IMO Worst because Massey-Ellis is much smaller than him (not because she’s a woman) The Aguero and Lee Mason situation is completely different. 

Nah, you're looking for an issue where there isn't one. He had a bit of a go at her then calmed down and put his hand on her shoulder as if to say "Sorry been a bit of a dick there" and you can see she puts her hand across to him as if to say, "No worries mate, no hard feelings"

I've just watched it and his body language is that he's trying to apologise or calm the situation.

At the end of the day, having female linos will cause some players to struggle but, it's the same as bouncers, coppers, etc. Outbursts happen but so long as people apologise and know where the line is, it's all working towards progress. 

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I've just watched it and his body language is that he's trying to apologise or calm the situation.

At the end of the day, having female linos will cause some players to struggle but, it's the same as bouncers, coppers, etc. Outbursts happen but so long as people apologise and know where the line is, it's all working towards progress. 

Exactly, clearly no aggression involved.

FB_IMG_1603029331791.thumb.jpg.b163854ea750a158afebaf13404f77cb.jpg

8 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Players shouldn't be able to touch officials full stop. Then there's no ambiguity and everything is clear.

Touching the officials tends to be done by players of big teams and psychologically touching a person can be used to gain trust on a subconscious level and should not be allowed.

The rules apparently state that if you touch an official then it’s a automatic yellow card 

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

The rules apparently state that if you touch an official then it’s a automatic yellow card 

Do you remember when di Canio pushed the ref and the ref did an exaggerated step back and fake tumble.  That ref should have booked himself for diving... anyone got a clip,?

Edited by foxinsocks
16 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

That is the rule, but its not applied, ever. I agree that if it is the rule then it should be applied without fail every single time it occurs, but it doesn't. In fact I don't think I've ever seen a booking for a player putting their hand on the referee in a non aggressive way. Its happened numerous times and never been mentioned before, but suddenly it happens to a female official and its an issue. I find that extremely patronising to Massey-Ellis, to imply she's different, that she require special treatment.

Referees get a lot of stick, and rightly so, but I think most know how to keep things calm in a game, and they aren't go to start welding yellows because a players has put his hand on their shoulder in relatively friendly gesture.

• Like 1