Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Not sure it’s a red, but some action should be taken. Players simply can not touch the match officials. 

If its an offence then its not one that punished very often. I don't remember any if these being yellows or reds, and certainly don't recall any outrage. Especially on the last where its the same player as yesterday, only difference is the sex of the official.

20201018_072751.thumb.jpg.192402d5a639c28753e80ecb40adfe05.jpg20201018_072809.thumb.jpg.4bfd9e279cc985743886f6ff6c52ab95.jpg20201018_072852.thumb.jpg.326705b3a6a839fef9f51cc2b6aa7fa4.jpg20201018_072929.thumb.jpg.94bd2b5e1a6fc110c7a5881851a31843.jpg

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

If its an offence then its not one that punished very often. I don't remember any if these being yellows or reds, and certainly don't recall any outrage. Especially on the last where its the same player as yesterday, only difference is the sex of the official.

20201018_072751.thumb.jpg.192402d5a639c28753e80ecb40adfe05.jpg20201018_072809.thumb.jpg.4bfd9e279cc985743886f6ff6c52ab95.jpg20201018_072852.thumb.jpg.326705b3a6a839fef9f51cc2b6aa7fa4.jpg20201018_072929.thumb.jpg.94bd2b5e1a6fc110c7a5881851a31843.jpg

My point of view has nothing to do with gender and I personally think all of these should result in a fine for the player.

Players should for no reasons have their hands on the officials. 

9 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

My point of view has nothing to do with gender and I personally think all of these should result in a fine for the player.

Players should for no reasons have their hands on the officials. 

My point is, nobody was complaining when those in the picture happened, its only been brought to light because it a woman. Which might not be the reason your saying it should be punished, but I would say its the reason its on the back of the sun and was mentioned on motd last night when none of those posted got the same level of coverage.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I don’t get why people keep saying this - they are the same thing!

That’s like saying don’t blame the referee blame the person who is in the role of referee today.

We all know VAR is just a referee with video assistance, hence its name! 

It's not though. The role of the referee is the job but the referee is the individual person (making individual decisions). 

I always make the point that a referee is controlling VAR. Most, if not all, of our referees are really poor and putting them in control of VAR isn't going to improve them or help the teams. The referees are still gonna make shit decisions, but this time from behind a screen.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

My point is, nobody was complaining when those in the picture happened, its only been brought to light because it a woman. Which might not be the reason your saying it should be punished, but I would say its the reason its on the back of the sun and was mentioned on motd last night when none of those posted got the same level of coverage.

Exactly. Tbf I was watching at the time (and posted on here) it looked weird because it was a woman. She looked a bit uncomfortable as in she didn't know how to react. I'm fully aware they do it to the male referees though.

I know Goal Line Tech is separate tech to VAR but no one made this fuss when Sheff Utd didn’t get given their goal v Villa, which I think ultimately kept Villa up and relegated Bournemouth may I add.

There were a lot of jokes at the time and it was abit unbelievable but there was no threats of legal action or demands for investigations from Sheff Utd which arguably derailed their season and push for Europe (You get on with it, use it as a siege mentality - however I make that point because I keep hearing apparently yesterday could ‘cost Liverpool another title’) or when relegation was confirmed Bournemouth certainly nothing that prevailed.

That goes for any other bad decisions made before yesterday of which many have been. If anyone else made such a fuss they’d be laughed at and no doubt (rightly or wrongly) punished for the outburst.

Same old Liverpool though. World is against them. :rolleyes: :yawn:

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

How good was Maguire good for us, he was £80M good for us, jeez you’d think he was jimmy Willis good for us the way some people burble on! 

Exactly I'm sure we're missing his heading at the back this season.

How many goals have we lost to crosses this season? 

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Exactly I'm sure we're missing his heading at the back this season.

How many goals have we lost to crosses this season? 

But at the same time, how many goals did we concede as a result of Maguire's lack of acceleration compared to last season?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

The same as Wood the other week. 

Is this where the new ruling comes in to do with the 'sleeve' of the shirt? Which is why Wood and Werner's goals stand? For me, it just physically moves the debate of the 'handball' further down the arm. Instead of whether deciding if the ball hit the shoulder or not, it's now decided on whether it touches the sleeve or above/below. It doesn't necessarily clear things up, in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is this where the new ruling comes in to do with the 'sleeve' of the shirt? Which is why Wood and Werner's goals stand? For me, it just physically moves the debate of the 'handball' further down the arm. Instead of whether deciding if the ball hit the shoulder or not, it's now decided on whether it touches the sleeve or above/below. It doesn't necessarily clear things up, in my opinion.

Especially as Werner is wearing a blue long-sleeved undergarment, which makes it more difficult to interpret the 'T-shirt rule'.

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

To me it comes across as an attempted display of power, she starts to walk away and he tries to move her back towards him by her neck. Completely inappropriate. IMO Worst because Massey-Ellis is much smaller than him (not because she’s a woman) The Aguero and Lee Mason situation is completely different. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

She is also genuinely best in the business. Will be interesting to see if she harbours ambitions to be a referee. I'd imagine she'd be better than many of the current lot, Moss, Pawson et al.

She'd probably be 10x better than the current lot, but unfortunately she'd probably get 10x the abuse from online trolls. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

She is also genuinely best in the business. Will be interesting to see if she harbours ambitions to be a referee. I'd imagine she'd be better than many of the current lot, Moss, Pawson et al.

I feel like they train for their specific roles these days. So I'd assume she trains to be a lino rather than a ref

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Wtf is going on there? How have they become so shit? 

Look at their squad, it's mid table Championship at best. What they had was an original formation which has helped them to play above themselves in the last 3/4 years. But if the formation is no longer effective they've a problem.